You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to chuckle at today's Football Weekly with James Richardson pointedly crowbarring the (totally innocuous) phrase "Mark Bright coming out" into the discussion on no less than three occasions.

"Brighty" is nothing but a lowdown dirty faggot who was once raped by an AIDS beast (aka Justin Fashanu).

Had to chuckle at today's Football Weekly with James Richardson pointedly crowbarring the (totally innocuous) phrase "Mark Bright coming out" into the discussion on no less than three occasions.

"Brighty" is nothing but a lowdown dirty faggot who was once raped by an AIDS beast (aka Justin Fashanu).

That last paragraph is a disgrace. I'm not sure if you were trying to be funny or not, but it came across as massively homophobic.

He says we're an average team. We are. It's not his problem that some LFC supporters can't deal with that. Whether he has a problem with LFC or not, using "Liverpool are an average team" is not really evidence, it's just fact.

That we are an average team right now is not in dispute. A lot of our fans have a problem with Bright because he's been peddling this opinion even when we were patently well above average. If we were average in 08/09 (which he has also claimed at the time in his Metro newspaper column) then just how shit were the rest? Of course he'd never follow that logical argument because it renders all his others opinions meaningless.

That we are an average team right now is not in dispute.

It is. If you compare our team to other LFC teams from the past, then yes, we are average. But if you compare us to other teams in England, then I can only see 5 teams that are actually better than us. I don't think you'd call the 6th best team in England average.

We are average because of Roy, not average because of our squad which is what people like Mark Bright are trying to say.

• 7 months later...

BBC Sport - BBC Sport asks 'Who are the champions?'

MARK BRIGHT, BBC LONDON

1 Liverpool 2 Man Utd 3 Man City 4 Arsenal

"Liverpool finished 22 points behind United last season but only Sir Alex Ferguson amassed more points than Kenny Dalglish since the 'king' took over from Roy Hodgson.

"Why will they win it? The Reds have four players who could grace any team in the Premier League: Pepe Reina, Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, then add to the mix promising youngsters like John Flanagan, new faces like Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing plus team spirit, desire and 21 years of hurt."

Who is this guy and what's he done with Mark Bright? Unless it's a bit of mischief-making on his part. Probably just answered my own question there.

BBC Sport - BBC Sport asks 'Who are the champions?'

Who is this guy and what's he done with Mark Bright? Unless it's a bit of mischief-making on his part. Probably just answered my own question there.

Shocked! Two guesses though (cynical ones.) :

1) He can start saying stuff like "I expected better from them." etc, as soon as we drop any points.

2) Any time he does give us shit he can say "Well I actually thought you'd be 1st this year and even wrote about it." as a defence.

Just seems bizarre that he'd actually predict us to win it!

It's like closing you eyes and being given a deep, velvet kiss, then opening them and finding out that you're kissing a 70 year old crack whore, with no teeth, who's given someone a blow job about five minutes beforehand.

Has that happened to you before?

And Mark Bright? Still a useless cunt that will soon be peddling the usual thoughtless drivel that passes for opinion with most of this country's football media.