You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Samuel blames SOS for chants against the manager

ritchie

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purslow briefing against the fans again.

The hero, what a legend.

Sure, it can all be denied.

These new owners need to get a grip and fast.

Still too many poisonous elements within the club.

As for the likes of Samuel, sacking Hodgson will be like drawing a line in the sand, us versus them.

FFS in the same article he is on about Beckham being our Platini/Beckenbauer which is just laughable. Those 2 great players are respected by the football community for the talent they had. Beckham is a mere celebrity who is just a commodity to some to make more money who he is happy to play that role himself but he is not admired the same way as player with a great history. He showed how influencial he is with our mere 2 votes for the WC bid.

Martin old chap, I fear the next few days will become rather stressful for you as you gamely try to defend the position you have taken. You'll need a plentiful supply of sugar to keep the insulin levels up. I prescribe a course of muffins. I'll have them sent over immediately.

Excellent news Graham. Maybe you could suggest to his editor that in future he might want to ensure that the pie-faced fuckstick tears himself away from this weeks selection of freebies from Ginsters to, you know, actually perform some kind of rudimentary research before writing another load of half-baked nonsense?

Samuel's mentality matches that of his newspaper perfectly; he's the worst kind of puffed-up little Englander, one of those types that thinks inventing the game gives English managers some kind of god-given rights over it. The fact is that there have been a mere handful of English managers who have been anything like good enough to succeed at the top level of the game in recent years.

He'd do better writing a piece about why the FA felt it was unacceptable to keep Venables in the England job because he was seen as a bit of a wide boy, yet now are apparently seeing bollock-faced spiv Redknapp as some kind of national saviour in waiting, despite the fact that he's so crooked he has to screw his pants on.

But no, on second thoughts perhaps he'd better leave that to a journalist with at least a semblance of integrity and impartiality and just carry on with what he's good at; cranking out his lazy London-centric shite.

From Mr Samuel:

As a result of a passing reference in the column last Wednesday, the Spirit of Shankly pressure group have been in touch and I am happy to clarify that they possess no designated area at Anfield and had no orchestrated campaign to remove manager Roy Hodgson (although recent developments will no doubt be a happy coincidence for many of their members).

I did not suggest otherwise, actually, so this is no skin off my nose. In the interest of goodwill, however, I will go further by volunteering not to mention SOS again, in either positive or negative connotation.

I would add that running to lawyers at the merest perceived slight is somewhat counter-productive for an organisation with a message to get across to the widest audience, but it’s your show, guys, so enjoy the silence.

From Mr Samuel:

As a result of a passing reference in the column last Wednesday, the Spirit of Shankly pressure group have been in touch and I am happy to clarify that they possess no designated area at Anfield and had no orchestrated campaign to remove manager Roy Hodgson (although recent developments will no doubt be a happy coincidence for many of their members).

I did not suggest otherwise, actually, so this is no skin off my nose. In the interest of goodwill, however, I will go further by volunteering not to mention SOS again, in either positive or negative connotation.

I would add that running to lawyers at the merest perceived slight is somewhat counter-productive for an organisation with a message to get across to the widest audience, but it’s your show, guys, so enjoy the silence.

haha what a snidey apology.

From Mr Samuel:

What a snidey, bitter and childish man. Pathetic.

Surely he knows that had some rumour gone around of SoS members getting their own seciton in the Kop that fans would have turned on them and it would have ruined the union (no doubt something Samual wants) so to suggest that it was a "mere slight" is pathetic by him and really shows the measure of the man.

Lets see now when another major issue comes up that has involved SoS if he maintain his new teenage-huff silence.

Martin Samuel: Why David Beckham should run English football at the FA | Mail Online

One club executive, a Liverpool man through and through, told me this week that his greatest fear is of the civil war once played out in the boardroom shifting its location to the Kop, with outspoken groups increasingly divided on the way forward.

Little Christy ( a Liverpool man through and through) up to his tricks again eh.

Drip feeding the press to divert what a almighty fuck up he made in appointing Hodgson.

So it was only the SOS ( he calls them sons of strikers) who wanted Roy out,

amazing!!

Rather than throw his hands in the air and admit his almighty gaff

What does the little Cunt do?

He goes and leaks stories to the press (who encouraged a ENGLISH MANAGER ONLY) and Cunts like Samuels and Barclay etc etc can't admit their short comings and blame it on the,

200 DIVVIES THAT MET IN THE SANDON

You vile horrible snidey Cunt

Edited by Durango

Guest San Don
From Mr Samuel:

Hahaha the fat fuck. 'Passing reference, me arse! Had his fat fucking arse handed to him on a big fuck off sized plate, he's trying to make out he's above it all.

Fucking eat shit and grovel you fat fuck.