You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How so? Penalties can be awarded - and missed. And who is to say what new chain of events may have occured?

We need to be good enough to beat Sunderland and Stoke without moaning about refs.

Of course we have to be good enough without moaning about refs, however, our lives would have been made a hell of alot easier against 10 man Sunderland and with a two goal lead at half time (Carroll's wrongly disallowed goal). No way would stoke have scored without the pelanty. There's also a good chance we would have converted the (two) stonewall pen(s) that went against us.

All hypotheticals but refereeing mistakes have shafted us so far this season.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complaining about refs is small time.

Yesterday some decisions went against us, move on. .

Yesterday. And Sunderland. And Bolton.

These people are professionals. THIS IS ALL THEY DO. And yet Dowd doesn't know that when you're through on goal, about to round the keeper and put it in an empty net, that it might conceivably be a 'goalscoring opportunity'. Probert doesn't know that a goalie can't pick the ball up from a back pass. We're not just talking debatable decisions here. We're talking no-brainers. And when we're paying as much money as we all do for our season tickets, I think we actually deserve a higher standard than we're seeing. An occasional human error is one thing. Persistent levels of inconsistency and frequent instances of rank incompetence are something else.

Yeah, we had enough chances yesterday to win several games - but that's not what's being debated here.

Just from reading the rest of this thread and listening to the podcasts earlier today I just found out that there must be about nine or ten major decisions that has gone against us. The red card that Richardson should have had is nothing but poor knowledge about the game. And this is from a ref that is quite experienced and has been in the game for many years.

I used to think it was implausible and ridiculous that there was corruption in football at this kind of level, but I don't anymore. If shady betting syndicates with links to o.c. can influence results in snooker, cricket and pretty much any other sport you care to name, why can't they do it in football? I'm not saying that it definitely happens, but nor do I think it's beyond the realms of the imagination. Not by any means.

The other explanation, of course, is that referees are just woefully incompetent and the whole idea of one man making "impartial" judgements in real time is completely outdated and needs to be scrapped.

newport , just out of interest which podcasts where these mate .

There was an episode of World Football on BBC World Service last week (I got it from iTunes but try World Football

) where they were talking about corruption in Turkey. The guy being interviewed mentioned that there were currently 19 leagues being investigated, but that because the links to organized crime were so deep in a lot of cases it was difficult to prosecute because of the political implications.

How so? We were shafted yesterday, shafted against Sunderland. If it wasn't for refereeing errors we'd be played: 4 won: 4

Yep, complaining about officials in sport is normal. Inevitably decisions will go against you. But claiming corruption is embarrassing for me. I am sure not many were claiming corruption when we were cleaning up all before us.

Yep, complaining about officials in sport is normal. Inevitably decisions will go against you. But claiming corruption is embarrassing for me. I am sure not many were claiming corruption when we were cleaning up all before us.

Football was not a massive industry with huge amounts of money at stake back then. Ask yourself this: if corruption can be found at various levels in most other major sports, why not in football? Embarrassing indeed.

yes they fucking well are!

TBH, i thought the Ref had a descent game, just because the Ref was deceive it don't means hes corrupt, the fact was KD got the tactics wrong, that were the real blame lie.... Skrtel playing RB was a fuck up from the start, even complete moron knows Skrtel was going to get ripped a part by Bale..... it just worse by the minute; it was like watching a car crash......

Dreams of 4th have just taken a BIG knock.

Edited by redsoxs

TBH, i thought the Ref hsd a descent game, just because the Ref was deceive it don't means hes corrupt, the fact was KD got the tactic wrong, that were the real blame lie, Skrtel playing RB was a fuck from the start, it just worse by the minute.

he was fucking awful, card out for even the slightest challenge, we got it wrong but the twat gave us no chance, i hope Flanagan was injured otherwise its complete madness not to have him in the squad and if he was injured Skrtel was the only option at right back, Bale against Carra would've been a non starter

he was fucking awful, card out for even the slightest challenge, we got it wrong but the twat gave us no chance, i hope Flanagan was injured otherwise its complete madness not to have him in the squad and if he was injured Skrtel was the only option at right back, Bale against Carra would've been a non starter

you can make all the excuses you want, the fact is the ref had reasonable decent game, hes not to blame.

Only fucking Mancs blame the ref..... were better than that.... KD is to blame.... let not hide from that FACT. It the managers fault which ever way you look at, hes spent a fortune, its KD's responsibility to have a enough cover across the back. RAFA got the same stick 2 seasons ago for not have a enough cover at the back.... the same is here today, when we are only 5 games into the league.

you can make all the excuses you want, the fact is the ref had reasonable decent game, hes not to blame.

Only fucking Mancs blame the ref..... were better than that.... KD is to blame.... let not hide from that FACT. It the managers fault which ever way you look at, hes spent a fortune, its KD's responsibility to have a enough cover across the back. RAFA got the same stick 2 seasons ago for not have a enough cover at the back.... the same is here today, when we are only 5 games into the league.

I've not said its the refs fault, we'd have probably lost whoever was reffing but that doesn't mean he wasn't a complete ponce who wanted to make the game completely about him

we have 3 right backs so no its not Kenny's fault if they are all injured, if Flanno isn't then he has made a massive mistake not including him

If it not the Ref (which you agree), its not KD who's fault? then who's is it?

They do say were deluded, maybe some are....... The fact is we wasn't good enough,

4th place or higher is delusional.

all I said is its not Kenny's fault if all our right backs are injured, the performance itself is the joint responsibility of Kenny and the players and the ref didn't help, it was just a shit day all round, why do people always have to pinpoint the blame on an individual?

We weren't good enough today but this cunt of a ref must of thought it was our birthday with all the fucking cards he was giving us!!

Could've given more to be honest. Suarez could easily have been sent off, and maybe even Coates as well. And Parker of course for kicking Lucas. Our behaviour on the field today was as bad as the quality of our play.

I don't want to put the blame on the ref either, but it's frustrating the fuck out of me the inconsistency from the refs. At our game Adam gets a yellow for pulling down Parker in a tight situation. At OT Anderson trips and puts his arms around Ramires trying to stop a decent break for them, 5 yards from Poll. Poll waves play on and surely will book Anderson when there's a stop in play?

Eh, no... Blatant yellow, but the ref bottles it. Tbf (to the offside goal), Chelsea haven't been shy of refereeing help vs the Mancs the last couple of seasons... That Drogba one a couple of years back was about 5 yards off...