You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it really?

Not seen it myself, but all's my Manc watching mate said was "seen 'em given"??

It really was, even Henning Berg said so in the Norwegian studio.

What did your manc mate say when wind blew Berbatov over the first weekend in earlier this month by the way?

I will always remember Mike Dean sending off Arsene Wenger at OT for kicking a water bottle back in 2008/2009?. But he allows Utd players to scream in his face.

Efan Ekoku didn't exactly hide his soft spot for Utd either. He insists that it was a good old fashioned body check by Rafael and that the referee made a correct decision.

I wasn't exactly happy at the manner Blackpool invited Utd to attack them. But abt 95% of 50/50 decisions went Utd's way. During half-time Andy Townsend remarked that it was an honest & brave attacking 1st half performance by Blackpool. And I agreed. You will only get something out of games with Utd if you aren't afraid to attack them.

As Taggart was making some conversation with the linesman, I thought..What a manipulative scumbag. He represents about 60% of what I despise in football nowadays.

Yet another in a long line of shocking decisions that favour them. There are 3 certainties in life; death, taxes and dodgy decisions favouring Man Ure. When will it end?

Honestly, it has to end, somebody or something has to happen; either a Manager pulling his team off, going the FA, High court, Court of Arbitration for sport, etc

Funnily enough, they don’t tend to get these decisions in Europe…….

too many people just turn a blind eye to it and go on about their business like giddy little school children believing all is well in the world. Until someone stands up and does somethin this will go on forever.

All it would take is some pundits and journos going after them and highlighting all the dodgy decisions they get. anything to put the spot light on it. That way the refs can't keep helping them. Unfortunately though not enough people are willing to go after them. It seems to be a career death sentence where the rest of the media turn on you.

• 7 months later...

BUMP!!

so here we are again total joke of a penalty given against us and two not given apparently we kick the ball at them and its no pen lol yes right,

this with carrolls disallowed goals and the sunderland pen/sending off

these are the decisions that win or lose leagues so far every single one has gone against us . i hope kenny makes a point today about it i think enough is enough . and i dont give a fuck about someone replying "if we just took our chances " its two different things,

discuss.

I totally disagree. I thought he reffed that game OK. Cara had his arms around the lads waist and should fucking know better. The first one no way was it a pen and the second although it could have been given was in no way intentional, which is the deciding factor. It was the lino who said no pen to the ref cue Suarez rant.

There were times when Clattenberg could have been a tit and booked players but he never and he let play go when he could.

Thought Clattenburg did ok today. We had a shout for the pen with the arm against the ball and the lino didn't give it, that wasn't down to Clattenburg. The main problem with today is that our midfield was fucking gub.

Partly agree with that. Although Clattenburg could have given a pen, I think this is one area where most of the refs seem to agree, when the ball is played to hand from a short distance they mostly let play go on.

The bit in bold is true to an extent as well, but we wouldn't have been focusing so much on the bad side if we hadn't let in such a silly goal. Give sides like Stoke the first goal and they will always make life difficult for you. That goal (and mistake/lack of strength and pace from Carra) combined with the ridiculously high grass at the Britannia made the job difficult for the midfield...

No he wasn't Robbie mate. Get hold of yourself.

Mike, he had a mare. Im not saying he cost us the game because we should have taken our chances, but there was no way that was a penalty. Plus, Shawcross blocked Suarez's shot with his hand (and it was as if his hand was by his side, he had it sticking up in the air.

I totally disagree. I thought he reffed that game OK. Cara had his arms around the lads waist and should fucking know better. The first one no way was it a pen and the second although it could have been given was in no way intentional, which is the deciding factor. It was the lino who said no pen to the ref cue Suarez rant.

There were times when Clattenberg could have been a tit and booked players but he never and he let play go when he could.

yeah, for me he's the best ref in the country, not that he is that great but he is the best of the worst

had a good game today as well

Thought Clattenburg did ok today. We had a shout for the pen with the arm against the ball and the lino didn't give it, that wasn't down to Clattenburg. The main problem with today is that our midfield was fucking gub.

Totally agree.

The pen was 50/50 but Carra was done for the second time in 2 games for pace.

Our pen claim was probably 70/30 in defenders favour.

Ref had nothing to do with the result today and as you say the midfield was poor,especially Adam.

We still look a bit soft through the centre and when Adam didnt shine it was up to the players around him to take charge and they simply didnt do that.

If that was a pen then the ref's better start blowing for one at every corner in every league game when every defender man-handles every attacker every time.

Shite decision but we should've made sure it didnt matter.

It was a soft one but when you wrap your arm around an attacker when you are in the penalty area then you are asking for trouble.

Carra fucked up and he will know it better than anybody.

When you put your arms around an attackers waist then you're asking for trouble. Equally, when you slide in to a tackle in the box with your arm in the air, you're also asking for trouble.

The referee got it wrong today, I don't understand why people are happy to give him a pass for not being consistent.