You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We've already seen how Ferguson can wreck a referee's career and every decision at Old Toilet carries unreasonable scrutiny. Referee's are terrified of making difficult decisions up there.

When?

That's a genuine question because I would find that worrying. But to my knowledge it has never happened.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do. But were wrong on both counts. Referees make wrong decisions every week up and down the country. You make it sound as though they are the only two ever

Do you think they were dishonest then? Do you think Webb is being paid by someone?

I mentioned those two because today's is very raw and the Mendes one is still one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

I can name numerous others including the two occasions Neville should have been sent off this season, if you want me to.

As for the second part of your post, I already answered that in my original reply to you (the rest of which you didn't ackowledge either but hey ho). Do you want me to post it again?

I mentioned those two because today's is very raw and the Mendes one is still one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

I can name numerous others including the two occasions Neville should have been sent off this season, if you want me to.

As for the second part of your post, I already answered that in my original reply to you (the rest of which you didn't ackowledge either but hey ho). Do you want me to post it again?

Apologies. I missed it.

We'll just accept we have differing views and leave it at that. I don't think I'll ever convince you and you certainly won't me!

But this illusion of "Everyone thinks the FA favour their team" is exactly what allows this kind of shit to happen. I'm trying to look at this from an impartial point of view. I think it's clear, United are favoured.

That's very true.

I know plent of Mancs (unfortunately) some of whom admit they do get favourable decisions. Some revel in it, some just laugh and enjoy it, some are a bit embarrassed.

So you think money changes hands? And who pays and who stands to benefit?

I don't doubt for a minute that the home team gets the rub of the green. Us, Utd, Arsenal whoever. But I don't think the referees lack integrity. Having chatted to Howard Webb, the last thing I would accuse him of as lacking integrity

yes i do think money changes hands rob styles was a director of a driveway company who win a 250.000 contract to do roman abramovich driveway a month later then gave a pen to chelsea against us when maluda jumped 3 feet into one of iur players 8 mins left . and also as to ref who was banned foom old toilet it was steve bennet who did not ref there for several seasons after purple nose complained wheb he allowed back u could see the difference theirs Ur fact

was even investigeted by the fa ... who found nothing wrong but guess what he retired that year mmm coincidence

Edited by knightsy

In 2006, around the time they were watching their National team lift the World Cup, Italian football saw some of its biggest clubs punished for corruption within the game.

Some of the allegations, which were eventually proven, related to the use of certain referees which would help to influence the result.

In the back of mind I grasp the thin thread of possibilty, that one day there will be such an investigation into English football and then we would all see the house of cheating cards that the scum built come crashing down.

yes i do think money changes hands rob styles was a director of a driveway company who win a 250.000 contract to do roman abramovich driveway a month later then gave a pen to chelsea against us when maluda jumped 3 feet into one of iur players 8 mins left .

was even investigeted by the fa ... who found nothing wrong but guess what he retired that year mmm coincidence

Bullshit.

So you think money changes hands? And who pays and who stands to benefit?

I don't doubt for a minute that the home team gets the rub of the green. Us, Utd, Arsenal whoever. But I don't think the referees lack integrity. Having chatted to Howard Webb, the last thing I would accuse him of as lacking integrity

yes i do think money changes hands rob styles was a director of a driveway company who win a 250.000 contract to do roman abramovich driveway a month later then gave a pen to chelsea against us when maluda jumped 3 feet into one of iur players 8 mins left .

That's very true.

I know plent of Mancs (unfortunately) some of whom admit they do get favourable decisions.

Aldridge said something similar to that on City earlier.

Why is it Webb is so relied upon to referee games between us and United?

Surely there are other referees just as capable.

Apologies. I missed it.

We'll just accept we have differing views and leave it at that. I don't think I'll ever convince you and you certainly won't me!

Out of interest, and I do not know your feelings on our previous manager but would suggest that shouldn't be relevant anyway, what did you think when Benitez suggested there was an unhealthy influence being exherted on referees by Ferguson which was being allowed by the authorities?

Do you think another manager would go out on a limb like that if there wasn't some truth in it?

There's a couple of other managers too who have attempted to make similar suggestions but it never quite gets off the ground.

Not in my view.

Scared of what? A tongue lashing? A beating? What exactly would he be scared of?

How about being demoted from the top level of the game and only reffing lower down?

I'm sure refs are ambitious and demotion means less money doesnt it?

Even if hes not on the take hes made too many wrong decisions to keep reffing Utd games.

Out of interest, and I do not know your feelings on our previous manager but would suggest that shouldn't be relevant anyway, what did you think when Benitez suggested there was an unhealthy influence being exherted on referees by Ferguson which was being allowed by the authorities?

Do you think another manager would go out on a limb like that if there wasn't some truth in it?

There's a couple of other managers too who have attempted to make similar suggestions but it never quite gets off the ground.

If there is evidence of this - as in him picking and choosing referees - then it's an issue for sure.

Aldridge said something similar to that on City earlier.

Why is it Webb is so relied upon to referee games between us and United?

Surely there are other referees just as capable.

They're not thick these Mancs, despite what we'd like to think.

I swear, I can not recall a single time when one of them has suggested another team gets more favourable decisions than them.

Yes of course I have heard complaints about specific decisions against them, but nothing systematic.

As for Webb, I'd like to think after today's 'performance' we might put in some complaints of our own, but I doubt it will happen.

Made a couple of poor decisions at Old Trafford in favour of the away side and never reffed a game there again.

There was another fella, Durso i think, who got the same treatment.

So, if this was the case - and I have no idea if it is or not - do you think Ferguson picks and chooses the referees for Utd games at Old Trafford?

So, if this was the case - and I have no idea if it is or not - do you think Ferguson picks and chooses the referees for Utd games at Old Trafford?

I wouldn't say it's as blatant as that but i'm sure he has an influence.

It's never been a great secret, well that's what i thought anyway.

Not directly, the ones he likes he never speaks about. The ones he doesn't he criticises and they never ref their again.