You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen Coyle

myrlas

A manager who can consistently improve teams and get more from the players than they have previously shown, is a better bet than somebody who has merely "won a trophy". Winning a knockout competition proves nothing in terms of a managers ability.

Agreed. While he wouldn't be my number one choice, I do think he is showing all the signs of being a very good young manager, and I would take him over Roy every day of the week.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a promising manager but i can't understand people wanting him over someone like Rijkard.

League and european winner with a proven track record of promoting youth and playing great football.

NESV wouldn't pick Rikjaard because of his private life, if the press got a wiff of it, it would be bad news for the whole club.

I quite like Coyle. He seems to go about the game in the right way and he has a bit about him. Whether that translates into being ready for a job like Liverpool is the big question. Perhaps he could prove to be a fantastic manager at the highest level, and he is just waiting for the chance to show what he can do at a big club. Then again, maybe he is at his level already. I suppose we just don't know, and there's a sense that until you try it you never will.

I don't know what he can realistically be expected to achieve where he is at. If he gets Bolton into the UEFA Cup then that is about as good as he can do, especially if they play decent stuff along the way.

If we are expecting him to win something or get into the Champions League at his current club to show that he could do a job for us, then chances are he will never be able to do that.

Tough decision for FSG to make.

Rafa would be my first choice but I would take Coyle as I dont see rafa coming back as next manager.

Coyle will be a top manager imo no doubt, I have been very impressed with him since he went to burnley.He went there they had no money and he had to sell his best player in laferty,he managed to get them up on peanuts and got them playing good football.

He has shown he gets the best out of players, plays attractive football and I think he is the kind of man liverpool fans warm to.

Rafa would be my first choice but I would take Coyle as I dont see rafa coming back as next manager.

Coyle will be a top manager imo no doubt, I have been very impressed with him since he went to burnley.He went there they had no money and he had to sell his best player in laferty,he managed to get them up on peanuts and got them playing good football.

He has shown he gets the best out of players, plays attractive football and I think he is the kind of man liverpool fans warm to.

Weren't Burnley doing badly when he left them for Bolton? Anyway results speak and if he does good work with Bolton then we can think about him. He will have to get some exceptional results to get this job tbh. NESV will interview a whole load of candidates, some of whom have won the european cup and others are legends in the game themselves. He has to have a concrete idea as to where he wants to take the club. If he can convince us that his philosophy is the way forward for Liverpool then why not. One thing is clear, the next manager will have a gigantic task infront of him. The job will not be for the faint hearted.

Not sure how many clubs Coyle has managed but the two I'm aware of he has massively exceeded expectations by playing attractive attacking football. He gets excellent performances out of decent players through his astute man mangement and it makes you wonder if he could do the same with our players. It would be a massive gamble if he was given the job but in my opinion he is the only british manager who should be considered along with the usual continental suspects.

Not impressed. Yeah they 'held' us to a draw for 90 mins but for major parts of the game we were a lot better. All Bolton did was try and draw the game. They scored from a free kick and created one or two chances but that is about it. Their defensive record is a lot worse than us despite them having the 'highly rated' Cahill in the centre. Gerrard had all kinds of space in the midfield through out the game. I know Stevie is an exceptional player but I rarely saw anyone pressing him. Too much time spent on defending and hardly anything done to control the game -no wonder they have hardly won games away from home.

For me they are still a MOTD team.

Guest PurpleNose
Not impressed. Yeah they 'held' us to a draw for 90 mins but for major parts of the game we were a lot better. All Bolton did was try and draw the game. They scored from a free kick and created one or two chances but that is about it. Their defensive record is a lot worse than us despite them having the 'highly rated' Cahill in the centre. Gerrard had all kinds of space in the midfield through out the game. I know Stevie is an exceptional player but I rarely saw anyone pressing him. Too much time spent on defending and hardly anything done to control the game -no wonder they have hardly won games away from home.

For me they are still a MOTD team.

They're still four points above us. Thats Liverpool who were twatting Real Madrid two years ago, and Bolton who were playing rugby two years ago.