You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Fernando Torres

Antynwa

Torres is the new scapegoat then. Under a better manager Torres would not be having a season like he is currently and neither would the other international class players we have.

Roy is the problem, not Torres.

Totally agree. I can't believe Torres is being slaughtered when for two seasons he has been far and away our best player. The only man to blame is face-wubbing Woy.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm angry. So I don't want to say anything I will probably regret.

But Fernando, Fuck off. Your team mates are not beneath you, this club is not beneath you. You need to put a shift in, because for all your goals, you've achieved sweet fuck all at this club, and if you are going to achieve anything you're going to have to put in 100 times more effort than you are doing now.

Have a word with yourself.

Shut up you prick.

Shut up you prick.

The thread was made a while ago, surely he can be cut some slack. Just searched for one of these threads though, to say that what he did earlier is the main reason I just keep quiet when this discussion ever surfaces, because it's almost given that he'll be back to do what he does. With most other players, maybe all other players apart from maybe Eto'o, Messi, Drogba, Villa, and a few others, you'd think, well shit, what if he really has lost it? But players in Nando's class don't really lose that ability. It's part of who they are.

The thread was made a while ago, surely he can be cut some slack. Just searched for one of these threads though, to say that what he did earlier is the main reason I just keep quiet when this discussion ever surfaces, because it's almost given that he'll be back to do what he does. With most other players, maybe all other players apart from maybe Eto'o, Messi, Drogba, Villa, and a few others, you'd think, well shit, what if he really has lost it? But players in Nando's class don't really lose that ability. It's part of who they are.

The OP never said Torres had lost it. In fact I didn't see that suggested - quite the opposite - that he did still have it and needed to pull finger and put in a shift. You would have to say that between last Wednesday and Saturday there was quite a change in performance although the same tactically inept incompetent remains as manager. Perhaps Fernando read this thread and did indeed decide to have a word within himself - Robert De Niro style?

The OP never said Torres had lost it. In fact I didn't see that suggested - quite the opposite - that he did still have it and needed to pull finger and put in a shift.

I don't think it's the shift that's the problem though, it's the service. Provide quality passes and he's there. Stevie's pass for that goal for instance, well if it was someone like Xavi that passed that maybe more would be noticed and said about it. It's was amazing. He needs more consistent service.

I don't think it's the shift that's the problem though, it's the service. Provide quality passes and he's there. Stevie's pass for that goal for instance, well if it was someone like Xavi that passed that maybe more would be noticed and said about it. It's was amazing. He needs more consistent service.

So you are saying the only difference in his performance between the last two matches was a pass or two and specifically the one from Stevie? Fair enough. That isn't the way I saw it. I give him much more credit than that for improving the shift he put in.

So you are saying the only difference in his performance between the last two matches was a pass or two and specifically the one from Stevie? Fair enough. That isn't the way I saw it. I give him much more credit than that for improving the shift he put in.

Didn't actually see the game, just saw his goal. Am trying to have a break from here too and footy in general as I'd got too obsessed, but that's alcohol and weed for you. Back to not posting.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the Torres out campaign still going on? Or have you all retreated into the Benitez threads?

Credit where it's due. The past 3/4 games Torres has been outstanding, putting in a proper shift, looking interested again. If that's down to the fact that we have a proper manager who is setting the team up to support him when we go forward I don't know, but long may it continue.

Is the Torres out campaign still going on? Or have you all retreated into the Benitez threads?

Indeed, was embarrassing. Anyone with a brain could see the problem was having arguably the worst manager in the country but no, lets sell one of the best strikers in the world!!

Thankfully Kenny loves him and he loves Kenny. And its already showing on the pitch.

But Fernando, Fuck off. Your team mates are not beneath you, this club is not beneath you. You need to put a shift in, because for all your goals, you've achieved sweet fuck all at this club, and if you are going to achieve anything you're going to have to put in 100 times more effort than you are doing now.

The mind boggles.

Guest ShoePiss

It's still going strong on the mf where the more informed posters reside.

omghaha.gif

Guest ShoePiss
Seens even Dirk Kuyt admitted we are training and playing better with an attacking pass and move style and "no more long balls" would the people crying about him like to admit it was the style of play and not the fact he is a "lazy Cunt" that had him looking un-involved

No they won't like to admit to that, I tried doing that on the mf but but apparently Torres has been acting a prick for well over 12 months. A number of people on there agree with it.

The reason this all started is because of Rafa, every one of the torres haters also hated Rafa and were made up when hodgson came in. Because Torres was completely destroyed under hodgson they had to take it out on torres rather than their man Roy. They won't admit that either though.

I love Torres! He has clearly been frustrated this season, but from now on we will see the "old" Torres and he will keep banging in goals for us again. If he just could get some service from the wingers, he would score even more. Can't remember him getting a decent cross all season. He is an exellent finisher from crosses, and it's stupid that we are not able to give him some service from the sides.

Hopefully we could bring in a pacey winger in this transfer window, because our current clearly doesn't deliver. :(

No they won't like to admit to that, I tried doing that on the mf but but apparently Torres has been acting a prick for well over 12 months. A number of people on there agree with it.

The reason this all started is because of Rafa, every one of the torres haters also hated Rafa and were made up when hodgson came in. Because Torres was completely destroyed under hodgson they had to take it out on torres rather than their man Roy. They won't admit that either though.

well summed up there.

Joke of a thread this was. All these people crying about nando but they couldn't see the blatantly obvious that Roys tactics were shite. Strange that.

• 3 weeks later...