You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Fernando Torres

Antynwa

I'm angry. So I don't want to say anything I will probably regret.

But Fernando, Fuck off. Your team mates are not beneath you, this club is not beneath you. You need to put a shift in, because for all your goals, you've achieved sweet fuck all at this club, and if you are going to achieve anything you're going to have to put in 100 times more effort than you are doing now.

Have a word with yourself.

The truth is, his team mates are beneath him and at this present time the club is beneath him. Fernando Torres carried and captained a mediocre Atletico Madrid team from his teenage years into adulthood. World class players, which he is, deserve to play in world class teams. If Liverpool can’t match his aspirations, he should be allowed a move to a club that will. We are in a mess and players of his ilk deserve better, he needs to be winning titles.

On the flip side of that, I agree, as a senior player he should role his sleeves up, play with his heart on his sleeve and whip his team mates up into a frenzy, win, lose or draw. That way, if and when he does leave, he would leave with honour and his icon status in tact.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how fucking easy the press have it. "Fernando Torres..." *sigh* -- oh my God, Jamie said he's shit! We need shot! No, we fucking don't. Of course he doesn't look up for it. I'd love to see how long David Villa or Rooney would look chirpy being asked to go for ball after ball hoofed forwards by the centre-backs. "Ohhh but he doesn't show the bulldog spirit! He doesn't show enough passion for the shirt!" Fuck off. This is a man who cradled the world cup in his arms less than six months ago wearing our club colours on his scarf; a man who said he wants his daughter to grow up speaking Scouse. If our attitude is to let our best players stagnate under a shit manager and an absence of tactics is to pillory and reprimand them simply for not flying into challenges: I'm out. The passion he has had for the club is obvious - it's the club that's changed, not him - and we need to change it back.

yeah...it's the press that's the problem...idiot...

Personally I aint gonna blame Torres, he's the best striker Ive seen in a while. And the main reason he aint performin is coz the team is crap, and no creativity whatsoever.

Unless a new manager comes in, and Torres still puts in bad performances, then Ill start blaming Torres.

FAO Antynwa.

Fuck off. You backed Hodgson. That proves how thick you are.

100% correct. Not that it makes either of us feel good. Never a Liverpool manager, and never worthy of empyting the trash at Anfield either. Reckless appointment made by footballing fools. Any yet those same cretins who have backed this nightmare feel it is right and proper to have a go at Torres for not bringing his step ladder with him so that he might get near to the shite being launched up at him and Ngog? Roy would make a WW2 field marshall blush with shame at the shit cunting artillery style of "play" we use. And whats worse is that he has forced Pepe into having no options but to stick his boot through it all times. All the hard work to get rid of the cunts and we are falling away faster than ever. Fuck of Roy.

Was it a complete degree in body language reading you did or just like a part time course?

Only asking as so many seem experts in this field now that I should probably look at educating meself on these things.

I think perhaps you should mate, given the amount of snippy comments you've made on here when people mention it.

If you were to take this advice, one of the very first things you'd learn is that we can all interpret body language, or non-verbal communication. That is after all the entire fucking point of it.

I think perhaps you should mate, given the amount of snippy comments you've made on here when people mention it.

If you were to take this advice, one of the very first things you'd learn is that we can all interpret body language, or non-verbal communication. That is after all the entire fucking point of it.

Its not that simple though RR, is it? The trouble with interpreting things on that level is that we all see what our minds want to see, what we already believe on some level. We can all interpret body language, or try to, and we'll all project our own ideas onto the subject. For that reason, using body language to form judgements about people's behaviour and mentality is a very, very dicey proposition.

You may see that bird keep looking at you across the room and determine that she fancies you. And maybe she does. But she might just be checking the clock, and she might be thinking "what's that gangly scruff doing staring at me? Fuck, not another one."

I'm with Ian. All the amateur judging of a player's mentality based on the mess of non-verbal cues contorted out of an athlete's body and face during a match gets on my tits a bit. If you think he's gone a bit shit and/or wants out, thats fine, and I recognize people having their reasons for thinking that. But some of the more hysterical reactions and basically attacks, based on what amounts to trying to play his normal game under difficult circumstances and throwing an occasional pouty face, is gross overreaction. He's got a pouty face -- thats not reason enough to want to string the lad up, as some (a minority, I think, and not counting you here mate) seem to want to do.

We, as fans, have developed a habit of lashing out at some of our most gifted and passionate players when we hit lows. And, to a certain point, maybe its true that the best and the strongest and the most committed have a greater responsibility to perform when we're in the shit. But a lot of the time it goes too far too fast, and becomes totally unfair, out of all proportion to the player's actual responsibilities and personal failings in the context of the team and club as a whole.

Right, I'm done being balanced and fair and sensible. Time to go call someone a cunt...

I could maybe get on board with the notion of this thread had the same vitriol been poured on Steven Gerrard's performances last year. However, given that an obvious disliking of the manager and his tactics was enough to spare Gerrard abuse then, I'm going reserve the same treatment for Fernando Torres now.

Being forced to play as a target man, the kind thats not suited to players with nando's build and ability. hoof balls and flying Elbows and your occassional John Terry "Knee ram" specials? BIG fuck off you WUM of a fan. wheres your perspective in football. Oh, its all about mentality, grit...blah blah. here, have a badge nando and our specially made wheelchair for your troubles.

Any striker, let alone a top striker that is the best at ball to feet, will stop this injury baiting and career ending shithouse tactics. I would avoid all tackles because its coming to a stage where its crystal clear hodge podge is a menace to our club and is deliberately trying to destroy the most valuable asset on the field.

I've said it before, we've got a thoroughbred of a striker and we're asking him to do the job of a carthorse.

That said, his attitude has stunk at times this season and as much as he may not like what he's being asked to do, he needs to pull his finger out and at least make it look like he's trying.

Guest davelfc

The team is playing to Torres weaknesses and not his strengths. Like using a racehorse to pull a rag and bone cart. I'm not surprised he's pissed off. He didn't suddenly become shit, the manager did.

He's worth a slight amnesty, given that on form he's the best in the world. A bit of patience with his behaviour should ultimately benefit us.

However, if the sulks continue under any new regime, we should cash in as soon as a transfer window permits.

Dis.

Thought Reina was at it second half as well, some of that passing was inexcusable.

Or maybe given the fact he received the ball more in the first half than any other player, not so inexcusable after all.

He's worth a slight amnesty, given that on form he's the best in the world. A bit of patience with his behaviour should ultimately benefit us.

However, if the sulks continue under any new regime, we should cash in as soon as a transfer window permits.

Can't argue with this. At the moment the squad is in a state of flux, once the new man is installed, if Torres hasn't already left, then we'll see if he's going to sulk or if his form is down to the current tactics. He's been dire but again, unless he's going to ask to go, I wouldn't consider selling him.

I've said it before, we've got a thoroughbred of a striker and we're asking him to do the job of a carthorse.

That said, his attitude has stunk at times this season and as much as he may not like what he's being asked to do, he needs to pull his finger out and at least make it look like he's trying.

Sensible comment - good summary.

Boils down to cause and effect.

Torres attitude was on the wane under Rafa - guessing because the club had promised new players (Silva, etc) which didn't materialise.

He is being asked to play a role he is not suited and it has become a frustration. Sounds like he doesn't get on with Hodgson.

If you are in a job where you think the manager is a cock, he openly refused to support you against a shitstorm of abuse from another manager, you view his managerial and leadership skills as archiac, he asks you to do a job you don't like, etc.....do you think that you would put in any effort to keep him in the job??

I would be waititing for the first opportunity to help get rid and try and accelerate his downfall. Leadership is all about motivation, Sounds like Hodgson is lacking in this department and the metaphoric 'arm around the shoulder' doesn't work so well..

Get in a progressive manager who understands how to motivate key players and deploys tactics that will bring success in the modern game.

KEEP TORRES - he will be fully rested in the close season with no close season football.