You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite reds shirt

Guest Gizmo1

Guest Gizmo1

Just interested to know everyone's favourite home or away shirt ever. Mine believe it or not is the home speckled Candy from 1990. I know a lot of people hated it then and still do, I thought it was great.

The best shirts IMO are the early days ones, just the yellow liverbird and no sponsor!

In terms of latest shirts, i actually like the gry speckled one a lot!!! sick eh!

Home shirt - i like the latest one, without the sponsor like in marseille. (just a shame the badge not on left though.)

I also like the three stripe on shouder one, red and green. (i did say i was weird!!!)

Guest Podge

Have to agree with gizmo, thats my fave also.

Bought the grey away aswell at the time &

went to iron it one day but had the iron on too hot,

burnt a big iron shape in the middle of it. Funny when

I think of it now but I was gutted at the time.

Guest Bolton Red

Probably the yellow one we brought out for the 86-87 season with a commemorative crest saying we were the League and FA Cup winners 1986 - class!

must admit i also liked the green and white quarters one of the mid 90's - everybody else seems to hate it.

Deffo the all-cotton, no sponsor, v-necked, simple yellow Liverbird. Is it just me or was it a deeper shade of Red in those days too?

Deffo a deeper shade of Red. The most recent isn't too bad, but the one before (with the collar-thing) was almost fvcking pink. Looked gay as fuck after a few washes.

"Coo-eee!"

*gives a limp-wristed wave*

I've still got my triangle flecks one (home kit)

I didn't really like it back then and I still don't really. But sometimes (on very special occasions) I'll put it on and wear it for the day.

Bare in mind I was about 12/13 or something when I first got it so now it just kinda looks like I have a VERY big tatoo.

My mate said I look like one of those hot chicks on tele' who paint their teams' strip on their bobbies and stuff... except I don't look like a hot chick and my boobies aren't very nice.

Wearing old footy kits for shits and giggles Rules.

Deffo the all-cotton, no sponsor, v-necked, simple yellow Liverbird. Is it just me or was it a deeper shade of Red in those days too?

:yes: :yes:

Ah, From the days when the only replica leisure wear available was a bad fitting red wooly jumper with a deformed liverbird on the front knitted by my Aunty Mary

:yes: :yes:

Ah, From the days when the only replica leisure wear available was a bad fitting red wooly jumper with a deformed liverbird on the front knitted by my Aunty Mary

Surely you are my cousin, Cath?!?

Also, let's not forget those totally bogtastic knitted toilet role holders than Nan used to make! But they weren't all Barbie's in our house.

...Oh no, we had mini Liverpool players on our knitted bog roll covers.

Being that classy rules.

Those green quarters shirts were awful. I personally liked the orange/blue away form the treble, though since I've put on a bit of weight, it's a little stretchy.

I'd love us to play a season with no sponsor, liverbird on the left. Perhaps we could play a season in France? I think that's why the Barca shirt is great.

Cath, I remember first shirt, back in 74 or 75- it was just red and came with a liverbird badge that you had to sew or iron on. Ahh, happy days in the backyard, with Fred the tortoise, who used to hang out by the compost heap, kicking a ball around reliving Match of the Day. Except, of course, when a volley goes astray and you shatter a couple panes of the neighbors greenhouse. Anway, neighbor was a miserable git- ff+ck him and his hothouse tomatoes.

Guest Podge

Talking about the awful ones, remember the home shirt

with the sort of cricket type collar on it. Collymores first

season I think. Now that was rotten.

I also have a soft spot for the Green and White quarters one. Brings back memories of Robbie banging them in with his blonde hair!!!!!

I also remember watching a friendly at arouund 94/95 where instead of the sponsor strip saying Carlsberg it jus said probably....... which I quite liked

Any of the pre-sponsored kits. The white shirt, black shorts, red socks always looked good. Any one notice the shorts Milan 's team played in against Ireland last week ? Bay City Rollers are alive and designing sportswear in Prague..........................................................

My favourite away was the ECRU one, wore it against Boro on the opening day of the Season & the home one is the CL one, going along with a few other people wishing we didn't have a sponsor (ala Barca), but it all comes down to cash but at least were not like the french sides with about 15 sponsors on the shirts. We are getting a new yellow kit for next season, be good if the Home shirt was CARLSBERG & the away said PROBABLY.