You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ok, the opposition was ordinary, but Suso , like Sterling, made the rest of OUR LADS look ordinary when he came on. There was pace enthusiasm and brains. He doesnt need more loan time. Sterling took his chance, no reason why Suso wont do the same.

Suso doesn't have pace, but he did at least try and inject some with the ball.

All right then.

Suso looks like a Liverpool player.

Is that better?

Mike Marsh looked a Liverpool player against poor opposition as well.  

I hope Suso is given a chance against premiership opposition to show definitively whether he has what it takes. For me, like Markovic, the jury is still out.  Is that ok?

I haven't seen any evidence of it.  He's looked ok-ish when playing against proper opposition, certainly nothing special.  I have a completely open mind about him, but I will reserve judgement until I see him get regular games against top flight teams.  

You didn't actually watch him play last season though, did you?

He isn't going to get regular games for us. We've decided that he's leaving.

You didn't actually watch him play last season though, did you?

He isn't going to get regular games for us. We've decided that he's leaving.

No, because I don't have time and watching him play in a foreign league has little bearing on whether he's going to make it here.   I haven't decided he's leaving.  As I said before, I don't understand why he wasn't given a chance when we had so many out through injury.  

No, because I don't have time and watching him play in a foreign league has little bearing on whether he's going to make it here.   I haven't decided he's leaving.  As I said before, I don't understand why he wasn't given a chance when we had so many out through injury.  

Haha, it wasn't a dig. I just thought you'd said before that you didn't see him play for Almeria. I think playing really well for anyone has a bearing on whether you'll make it at another club. It is the same sport.

I didn't mean you have decided he's leaving. I meant the club. We've fucked about with Suso, should have sorted his contract out, should have played him more, so now he'll leave.

It's at this point I remind you of the law of Morientes.  

And I remind you of the law of Charlie Adam, Robbie Keane, Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll, Joe Cole, Paul Konchesky, and Jermaine Pennant. Presumably somebody thought they played well elsewhere, and in some cases they did.

You have to buy footballers from somewhere.

Mike Marsh looked a Liverpool player against poor opposition as well.  

I hope Suso is given a chance against premiership opposition to show definitively whether he has what it takes. For me, like Markovic, the jury is still out.  Is that ok?

Yup fine.

Hope he gets another proper look in before Brendan sends him on his way is all.

Staying in the cup has hopefully made that more likely.

And I remind you of the law of Charlie Adam, Robbie Keane, Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll, Joe Cole, Paul Konchesky, and Jermaine Pennant. Presumably somebody thought they played well elsewhere, and in some cases they did.

You have to buy footballers from somewhere.

I can't take responsibility for those either. We do have to buy players from somewhere, that was the pion I was trying unsuccessfully to make to TP last night. My point re Suso is that I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's good enough to be a starter for us. That's all. I've been bitten too often by rash decisions ive made.

We need more players like him. Players who actually wants to score and not just spend a lot of time on the ball getting very little out of it (like Lallana and Markovic). He's by no means a full grown player yet, but he's too good to be let go. Then again, if he's not being used he should be allowed to go so his talent doesn't go to waste.

If he was English people would be raving about his performances.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We need more players like him. Players who actually wants to score and not just spend a lot of time on the ball getting very little out of it (like Lallana and Markovic). He's by no means a full grown player yet, but he's too good to be let go. Then again, if he's not being used he should be allowed to go so his talent doesn't go to waste.

If he was English people would be raving about his performances.

what performances?