Quantcast
Petition to reinstate Rafael Benitez as LFC Manager - Page 21 - XMF - Arguing over ex Managers Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
grahamlfc

Petition to reinstate Rafael Benitez as LFC Manager

Should have negged him, Stringy.

Ye blert!

Quarter to three in the morning and the Cunt's still stalking me.

Shouldn't you be smashing some babe from spearmint rhino at that hour?

Quarter to three in the morning and the Cunt's still stalking me.

Shouldn't you be smashing some babe from spearmint rhino at that hour?

Stalking you? Fuck off Durango. And I was replying to your tedious brown nuggets of wisdom while my beloved was loading the dishwasher after an evening with real people.

Stalking you? Fuck off Durango. And I was replying to your tedious brown nuggets of wisdom while my beloved was loading the dishwasher after an evening with real people.

Hehe I`m certain he did not aim that one at you mate.

Hehe I`m certain he did not aim that one at you mate.

I might as well leave it hanging though Frode - it'll save me having to abuse him again in the next few days.

Ye got me all wrong Stringy,

N'Gog's the stalker

Rafa managed us in a far less competitive environment than the rest though.

I did some research about number of teams to break into the top 3 during 10 year periods a few years ago and this is what I found.

1996/97 - 2005/06 (6 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Leeds

1986/87 - 1995/96 (13 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Tottenham, Blackburn, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Sheffield Wed

1976/77 - 1985/86 (13 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Ipswich, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Manchester City, West Ham, Watford, Southampton, West Bromwich.

1966/67 - 1975/76 (12 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Leeds, Nottingham F, Manchester City, Ipswich, Queens Park Rangers, Derby, Chelsea.

In Rafa`s time here though there were really only 4 teams able to get into the top 3 and we were one of them so his record with two finishes outside the top 4 does not really impress me.

What he achieved in his first season here is what he should be remembered for, those who try to make him out as some kind of genius and that his time here was a huge success are only fooling themselves, because the rest of us know you are talking absolute bollocks.

People talk about finishing second as some kind of a massive achievement, my question is how many times have finished runner ups in the league, personally I would be fucked if I knew, because in reality it means fuck all.

Something else people gladly overlooks is the fact out of the top 4 teams we were the only team not playing semi finals both in the FA Cup and the CL that season, but for some it was a great success.

I just dont get it.

less competitive? Empires and billionaires?

You get more and more ridiculous

less competitive? Empires and billionaires?

You get more and more ridiculous

Less competitive yes.

How can anyone disagree with that?

If you enter a race with 20 people and only 4 have the slightest hope of getting into a top 3 finish its hardly competitive is it?

Bellend of the highest order!

''Oh hi Rafa its Graham, you know Graham, the one one who started that petition. Can I now be your best friend or even better pull your Robert Flecks down and I will lick your Bobbies helmet'' !!