You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Petition to reinstate Rafael Benitez as LFC Manager

Since 1995, thats 16 seasons, we have finished outside the top 4 four times, that 1/4 of the time.

In Rafa`s 6 seasons here he finished outside the top 4 two times, thats 1/3 of the time.

How could we let this saviour go?

Do you ever have a day off?

Though given you spent the whole of christmas day on here talking about Rafa Benitez I guess my question is answered already.

Since 1995, thats 16 seasons, we have finished outside the top 4 four times, that 1/4 of the time.

In Rafa`s 6 seasons here he finished outside the top 4 two times, thats 1/3 of the time.

You're an utter cock 4/4 of the time.

Why stop at 16 season's or have you stopped at the seasons which affected your percentages? Why not 25, 30, 40?

Because 95 is a round number and 16 seasons suited the numbers well.

I was thinking of going with the seasons since we got the 20 teams league though, one year later in 96.

Either way, in Rafa`s 6 seasons he finished outside the top 4 two times and thats pretty bad to be honest.

Guest PurpleNose

Xabi Alonso wasn't very good for 3 out of 5 seasons.

Thats a worse record.

John Carew has been absolutely fucking shite for every single second of his career.

Worracunt.

Let's sign Michael Johnson, genius.

Another one who cant fuckin read, why am I not surprised?

When did I advocate signing him?

If you knew how to read, you would see this is what I wrote about the several links linking him to us.

but not sure this is the best place for him to get back in shape and get the playing time he need.

Did you release this at Christmas again?

bent-stats2.jpg

I was thinking of going with the seasons since we got the 20 teams league though, one year later in 96.

Either way, in Rafa`s 6 seasons he finished outside the top 4 two times and thats pretty bad to be honest.

Rafa also had a better win percentage than any manager since the King and whisper is quietly but better than Fagan and Shankly also. Shanks was in the top 4 in 6 seasons outta 11.

Stats like this prove fuck all, except what you want them to show. And you know it.

Another one who cant fuckin read, why am I not surprised?

When did I advocate signing him?

If you knew how to read, you would see this is what I wrote about the several links linking him to us.

but not sure this is the best place for him to get back in shape and get the playing time he need.

You're a big smelly twat.

But as Joey8FrogsLegs has just explained, the three previous years we were out of the top four so that would have wrecked your percentages. Poor attempt.

Rafa also had a better win percentage than any manager since the King and whisper is quietly but better than Fagan and Shankly also. Shanks was in the top 4 in 6 seasons outta 11.

Stats like this prove fuck all, except what you want them to show. And you know it.

Rafa managed us in a far less competitive environment than the rest though.

I did some research about number of teams to break into the top 3 during 10 year periods a few years ago and this is what I found.

1996/97 - 2005/06 (6 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Leeds

1986/87 - 1995/96 (13 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Tottenham, Blackburn, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Sheffield Wed

1976/77 - 1985/86 (13 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Ipswich, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Manchester City, West Ham, Watford, Southampton, West Bromwich.

1966/67 - 1975/76 (12 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Leeds, Nottingham F, Manchester City, Ipswich, Queens Park Rangers, Derby, Chelsea.

In Rafa`s time here though there were really only 4 teams able to get into the top 3 and we were one of them so his record with two finishes outside the top 4 does not really impress me.

What he achieved in his first season here is what he should be remembered for, those who try to make him out as some kind of genius and that his time here was a huge success are only fooling themselves, because the rest of us know you are talking absolute bollocks.

People talk about finishing second as some kind of a massive achievement, my question is how many times have finished runner ups in the league, personally I would be fucked if I knew, because in reality it means fuck all.

Something else people gladly overlooks is the fact out of the top 4 teams we were the only team not playing semi finals both in the FA Cup and the CL that season, but for some it was a great success.

I just dont get it.

I did some research about number of teams to break into the top 3 during 10 year periods a few years ago and this is what I found.

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Tottenham, Blackburn, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Sheffield Wed

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Ipswich, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Manchester City, West Ham, Watford, Southampton, West Bromwich.

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Leeds, Nottingham F, Manchester City, Ipswich, Queens Park Rangers, Derby, Chelsea.

In Rafa`s time here though there were really only 4 teams able to get into the top 3 and we were one of them so his record with two finishes outside the top 4 does not really impress me.

What he achieved in his first season here is what he should be remembered for, those who try to make him out as some kind of genius and that his time here was a huge success are only fooling themselves, because the rest of us know you are talking absolute bollocks.

People talk about finishing second as some kind of a massive achievement, my question is how many times have finished runner ups in the league, personally I would be fucked if I knew, because in reality it means fuck all.

Something else people gladly overlooks is the fact out of the top 4 teams we were the only team not playing semi finals both in the FA Cup and the CL that season, but for some it was a great success.

I just dont get it.

You should have had a wank instead.

I just dont get it.

Now, that is a far more respectable argument because they prove the decline in sides that actually challange.

What I'd add to that, however, is that we despite having money to spend was always behind those above us. Man City for example are currently second and that is down to the fact they've fot a Shiekh in charge who's lashed ridiculous sums of money at the club.

People will mock and ignore the argument that is net spend but it is a fair point to make. It doesn't excuse any kinda of failings but it does narrow the margin of error. We've not been in the position that Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea have been in during the past 5 years or so. By that I mean they can spend over 20 million on a player and it not matter if it doesn't work out.

Rafa was never the saviour of mankind or anything close to that but what he was was a very good manager who did some great things with us. I honestly felt that the stick he got would have lessened given how awful Hodgson has been. But it seems people are too stuck in their opinions for that.

A couple of quick points though, you've mentined sides that got into the top 3 there. Rafa was 50% of the time in the top 3 whilst in that period going back to 1995 we was in the top 3 on only 7 outta the 16 times.

Also, I think we've finished second 12 times. But that just shows am a sad cunt, haha!

I just dont get it.

Which is something you think. And is impossible to prove by any sort of stupid stats. Pathetic to even try.