You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Petition to reinstate Rafael Benitez as LFC Manager

He forced Xabi out.

No he didn't, he tried to sell him. That's what managers do if they wanna go and change the side.

I just hate that people seem to make out that we took a caged Xabi around Europe in the hope of someone wanting him. Am sure it was no different when we tried to sell other players.

Guest PurpleNose
Strictly speaking, he is. He has his UEFA B badge and he helps coach some of the U16s.

No pro license presumably, so he couldn't actually take over yet even if we want him to.

I'm all for him joining the coaching staff when he retires, possibly becoming assistant a few years later, then further down the line becoming manager. Alternatively, get a job in the Blue Square North and work his way up. Ideally via another country or two.

But it would, in my humble opinion, be absolutely ridiculous to make him our manager anytime in the near future.

I'd have to agree with Johnny re: Carra. You think it's divisive now, imagine if it had gone tits up, 'the man that stabbed Rafa in the back and now we're no better/worse' would have been the shout. It would have had the potential to be worse than what we've got now, at least with Hodgson his fierce supporters are somewhat limited.

Thank fuck we never took a chance on Kenny all those years ago eh.

I was wondering would you say that. Some do; most are wise enough not to.

Dalglish is very much the acception. But even having said that he still took over a team that was probably the very best in Europe at the time. And he also had arguably the greatest manager of all time working with him and guiding his every step when he needed him. And a completly stable backroom that was probably drawn even closer together given the awful circumstances of a few months previous.

Terrible terrible example of a reason to give Carra the job. Terrible example.

No pro license presumably, so he couldn't actually take over yet even if we want him to.

I'm all for him joining the coaching staff when he retires, possibly becoming assistant a few years later, then further down the line becoming manager. Alternatively, get a job in the Blue Square North and work his way up. Ideally via another country or two.

But it would, in my humble opinion, be absolutely ridiculous to make him our manager anytime in the near future.

Agree, but fair play to the lad. He's doing all the right things unlike people like Southgate, Ince, etc.

I'd have to agree with Johnny re: Carra. You think it's divisive now, imagine if it had gone tits up, 'the man that stabbed Rafa in the back and now we're no better/worse' would have been the shout. It would have had the potential to be worse than what we've got now, at least with Hodgson his fierce supporters are somewhat limited.

Is "limited" a pc word? Like "special"?

Only joking.......

Dalglish is very much the acception. But even having said that he still took over a team that was probably the very best in Europe at the time. And he also had arguably the greatest manager of all time working with him and guiding his every step when he needed him. And a completly stable backroom that was probably drawn even closer together given the awful circumstances of a few months previous.

As much as it pains me to say it, Everton were the best team at the time by a distance.

Dalglish needed to do a fair bit of work, in the way Inter's team need it just now. MacMahon came in, he changed both ageing full backs for younger, better models, got a lot more out of Molby McDonald and Johnston than Uncle Joe had managed.

But agree, it was a stroll in the park compared to what Carragher would have to have done.

I'm calling for a new bootroom involving Kenny and Coyle, with maybe Hamann or McAllister as number 3. I'd list Carragher in 4th because we need to get that entire team ethic back as opposed to Der Maestro pulling every conceivable string there is surrounded by obedient underlngs.

But a distant 4th, no reason why he was to go as low as Blue Square to learn the trade.

As much as it pains me to say it, Everton were the best team at the time by a distance.

Dalglish needed to do a fair bit of work, in the way Inter's team need it just now. MacMahon came in, he changed both ageing full backs for younger, better models, got a lot more out of Molby McDonald and Johnston than Uncle Joe had managed.

But agree, it was a stroll in the park compared to what Carragher would have to have done.

I'm calling for a new bootroom involving Kenny and Coyle, with maybe Hamann or McAllister as number 3. I'd list Carragher in 4th because we need to get that entire team ethic back as opposed to Der Maestro pulling every conceivable string there is.

But a distant 4th, no reason why he was to go as low as Blue Square to learn the trade.

Fair point about Everton. Liverpool were in the top 2 or 3 in Europe then.

Don't get me wrong, Kenny of course proved to be a great manager. But he had a fantastic head start, and the greatest manager of all time to fall back on if any issues arose and a fantastic team and world class players (including himself) to call on.

Can I ask why you are looking for McAllister? He has tried his hand at managment and has so far shown to not be very good. His name comes up quite a bit and I wonder is it a bit of Carra syndrome in that Gary Macca is wanted because of a 94th minute goal more then what he has actually done as a manager?

I'd like to see Carra do some coaching here maybe before heading our to a Championship side and cutting his teeth for 5 or 6 years. Maybe a lower level Premier League team (A West Ham level) a bit sooner then that and if has proved to be top notch and possibly world class manager, then he gets the job.

We are not an old boys network handing out top jobs to our mates. We're supposed to be a world class football club. We need to act like it.

Fair point about Everton. Liverpool were in the top 2 or 3 in Europe then.

Don't get me wrong, Kenny of course proved to be a great manager. But he had a fantastic head start, and the greatest manager of all time to fall back on if any issues arose and a fantastic team and world class players (including himself) to call on.

Can I ask why you are looking for McAllister? He has tried his hand at managment and has so far shown to not be very good. His name comes up quite a bit and I wonder is it a bit of Carra syndrome in that Gary Macca is wanted because of a 94th minute goal more then what he has actually done as a manager?

A sense of something that's there in a Moran or Evans way, bundle of experience and someone who played and won medals at 37. I can imagine he was a great presence in that treble dressing room an d a big influence on Owen Carra and especially Gerrard.

But so was Sami and Didi, I'd be happy with any to be honest.

JohnnyH ruling here, good stuff and fair play for intelligently debating the frankly fucking daft idea that Carra should be given the job. it's scary to think that there's people out there that reckon it'd be a good idea. even scarier is if Purslow was still running things there would have been an actual chance of it happening.

The point is, last season we needed to take a gamble. Carra/Kenny or Kenny/Tommo would have been a gamble worth taking. There was nothing to lose but something to gain.

As for the bit in bold. I've had this conversation with Coop before. I've asked as many ex players and people who were connected with the club at the time and they all tell the same storey. While Bob was still on the payroll, his involvement with Kenny, his progression as a manager, and any input he had on the footballing side of things was minimal to say the least.

I think I read it in Aldo's book, but there was a game at Anfield where we were losing. Bob left his seat in the directors box and went down to the dugout to offer Kenny some advice. Kenny promptly told Bob to fuck off.

Bobs continued involvement with the club after he retired as manager was nothing more than a propaganda exercise, for want of a better expression.

Thank fuck we never took a chance on Kenny all those years ago eh.

With the greatest of respect Mick,Kenny took over 25 years ago,because it worked for Kenny doesn't mean it would work for Carra.

The new Manager needs to know but the British and European markets and play a more expansive type of game.

Houllier and Rafa's strength was to play on the counter,I hope the next manager plays a more open style.

With the greatest of respect Mick,Kenny took over 25 years ago,because it worked for Kenny doesn't mean it would work for Carra.The new Manager needs to know but the British and European markets and play a more expansive type of game.

Houllier and Rafa's strength was to play on the counter,I hope the next manager plays a more open style.

I totally take on board what your saying John, but again, my point is this time last season we needed to take a gamble as there was nothing to lose. Had it have gone tits up, we'd have been no worse off. When we were knocked out the cup by Reading last season, was it not worth taking a gamble to try and get a CL spot ?

The point is' date=' last season we needed to take a gamble. [b']Carra/Kenny or Kenny/Tommo would have been a gamble worth taking.[/b] There was nothing to lose but something to gain.

As for the bit in bold. I've had this conversation with Coop before. I've asked as many ex players and people who were connected with the club at the time and they all tell the same storey. While Bob was still on the payroll, his involvement with Kenny, his progression as a manager, and any input he had on the footballing side of things was minimal to say the least.

I think I read it in Aldo's book, but there was a game at Anfield where we were losing. Bob left his seat in the directors box and went down to the dugout to offer Kenny some advice. Kenny promptly told Bob to fuck off.

Bobs continued involvement with the club after he retired as manager was nothing more than a propaganda exercise, for want of a better expression.

Tommo and Carra are two entirely different things.

If it was announced today that Kenny was taking over with Tommo as assistant I would run around town naked screaming like the happiest man in all the world. If be delighted with that.

Kenny and an untried player as his assistant would not be a good idea for me.

I totally take on board what your saying John' date=' but again, my point is this time last season we needed to take a gamble as there was nothing to lose. Had it have gone tits up, we'd have been no worse off. When we were knocked out the cup by Reading last season, was it not worth taking a gamble to try and get a CL spot ?[/quote']

There was in the American owners eyes plenty to play for Mick, a little matter of 4th place which was still achievable up until the last weeks of the seasons.

There's not a shred of doubt in my mind that if we got 4th Hicks and Gillett would be still here.

I have a theory which will never be proven, in that if wouldn't surprise me if Rafa let 4th go, to speed up Hicks/Gillett departure,in MY hindsight it backfired on him massively

Petition to reinstate Rafael Benitez as LFC Manager

Please sign the petition if you agree with my sentiments and forward on to any friends or family members, fellow LFC supporters, nationwide & worldwide, who you believe may wish to sign the petiton, thank you.

Rafael Benitez to be reinstated as manager of Liverpool FC

JESUS FUCKING WEPT

I havent read any of the thread because I know its a complete fucking joke.

Above anything else Rafa needs a complete 6 month rest from football and would be a complete disaster lets not forget he has won fuckall since 2006 or 2007 if you want to count Athens, then Pako left

Its all done to death people not thinking straight mind blowing shit

Anyway a prosperous New Year to everyone.