You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Petition to reinstate Rafael Benitez as LFC Manager

Quarter to three in the morning and the Cunt's still stalking me.

Shouldn't you be smashing some babe from spearmint rhino at that hour?

Stalking you? Fuck off Durango. And I was replying to your tedious brown nuggets of wisdom while my beloved was loading the dishwasher after an evening with real people.

Rafa managed us in a far less competitive environment than the rest though.

I did some research about number of teams to break into the top 3 during 10 year periods a few years ago and this is what I found.

1996/97 - 2005/06 (6 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Leeds

1986/87 - 1995/96 (13 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Tottenham, Blackburn, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Sheffield Wed

1976/77 - 1985/86 (13 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Ipswich, Nottingham F, Aston Villa, Manchester City, West Ham, Watford, Southampton, West Bromwich.

1966/67 - 1975/76 (12 teams):

Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Leeds, Nottingham F, Manchester City, Ipswich, Queens Park Rangers, Derby, Chelsea.

In Rafa`s time here though there were really only 4 teams able to get into the top 3 and we were one of them so his record with two finishes outside the top 4 does not really impress me.

What he achieved in his first season here is what he should be remembered for, those who try to make him out as some kind of genius and that his time here was a huge success are only fooling themselves, because the rest of us know you are talking absolute bollocks.

People talk about finishing second as some kind of a massive achievement, my question is how many times have finished runner ups in the league, personally I would be fucked if I knew, because in reality it means fuck all.

Something else people gladly overlooks is the fact out of the top 4 teams we were the only team not playing semi finals both in the FA Cup and the CL that season, but for some it was a great success.

I just dont get it.

less competitive? Empires and billionaires?

You get more and more ridiculous

less competitive? Empires and billionaires?

You get more and more ridiculous

Less competitive yes.

How can anyone disagree with that?

If you enter a race with 20 people and only 4 have the slightest hope of getting into a top 3 finish its hardly competitive is it?