You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson on Joe Cole

marcus50bucks

Hodgson needs to accept responsibility. He could have pulled out of this transfer when he tookover and he couldn't wait to sing Cole's praises either.

He also said last week that Purslow gave him a list of players that could be sold including Babel, which Hodgson said he ignored. Even though Babel nearly went to West Ham on deadline day to fund the arrival of Carlton fucking Cole.

He's full of shit and I'm really starting to dislike him as he's trying to take us for fools.

What grinds my gears is Roys refusal to accept responsibilities.

He won't come out and state a target position in the league to live or die by even when we have no champions league footy or other distractions.

Rafa had the balls to come out and put a figure on his target, Houlier same, they put time on how long they thought it might take and outlined a certain vision so everyone was clear what the lines between success and failure where. Roy refuses to do anything that might hold him to account, a little brown jobbie that may be difficult to flush. Ask him where we should finish and he hides in the U bend and re-emerges later, ask him to win a footy game and he rubs his face and goes missing again for a bit, the only clue to his existence is the pebbledashes at the bottom and the brown go faster stripes on the sides of the toilet bowl. Take responsibility for the best squad he's ever seen in his life and shield the players? Nah, not Roy, he'd rather wait in our u bend like the little brown torpedo he is.

I'll tell you what 4th is the bare minimum to allow a prospective manager to set up the following season to challenge for the league, Roy is talking 2 years to even challenge for the top 4 as he's out of his depth but he's only done that in terms of not publically saying we won't challenge for the top 4. He knows he is going to fail like we know he will but he is refusing to face up to the challenge just ducking and diving to buy him more time to fail.

Edited by dennis tooth

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not defending Purslow, but if you were MD and a player of Joe Cole's calibre became available on a free while we were in between managers wouldn't you be tempted to try and do a deal?

Not really because i wasn't the manager and i would leave it up to the manager to decide which players were bought whilst which players were sold.

I would make initial enquires i admit but the choice would be the manager's.

At the time of Insua leaving Hodgson stated it wasn't his decision to let the lad go so whose could it have been.

Going back to Hodgson's motivation and thats now Johnson and Cole who he has publically had a go at.

He will be quickly running out of allies in the dressing room and is it any wonder confidence on the pitch by all the players is zero.

Wonder if all this is the start of his departure, he must know he's not gonna last, every other person in the world does, and while he's also been an excuse ridden wanker, lately he's gone to extreme lengths with his daily its not my squad, so and so is not my player spiel.

When he is finally booted out (and that will be one of the greatest days in our history) he's going to go mental!

Guest davelfc

I don't really want to read anything more he says because no matter what it is these days I always read it wrong. That's because I don't want the man in charge at the club. He's already dug himself into a huge hole as far as I am concerned and there's little he can do to get out of it now.

He may not be passing the blame on to anyone he can, but that's how it seems to me, I'll admit it I'm as biased as hell against him.

Joe Cole has been shit but I can't help but wonder if he might have been a little less shit under a better manager. Hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later.

God just make this shit end.

Pretty much. That is the main reason why I really dislike him these days. He has no fucking respect for us. He says he has but then goes out and says something like "well, you know the Liverpool fans always want the team to be top, anything less, they don't like it". Guess fucking what Roy, we don't fucking expect to be topping the table. We do expect to put up a fucking fight against fucking Blackpool and fucking Stoke. And you can't even manage that! Stop blaming us and get the fuck out if you can't do the job properly.

It took Gillette and Hicks at least a year or two to get to the same hatred level which has been achieved by Roy within a few months, fuckell that’s going some, who’d have thought that would be possible, he at least deserves some credit for that.

More blame shifting and excuse making.

I just don't understand why he won't stop it. He can say all the stupid things in the world he likes but just stop trying to make excuses for this clusterfuck of a season.

Even if Purslow did sign Joe Cole. Roy became manager before it was finalised, if he didn't want him he could have just said don't do it. But I get the impression Roy was so happy to get the job Purslow could have signed Ali Dia and he would have agreed to it.

Roy Hodgson will alienate our players completely and the top ones will leave, Nesv need to pull their fingers out, when you lose the fans its always the beginning of the end!

Lets not prolong the inevitable, this guy was hired by Purslow who is absolutely clueless and even started getting involved in the footballing side of the club beggars belief!

He has no supporters within the hierachy and the fans hate him - Get rid!

Cole was signed to appease stevie and cara hwo had worked on him during the world cup.

If we all think back it gave us a massive shot in the arm, distraction, diuring the darks days of club ownership.

After hearing that Cole will now regret not joining Spurs. No way Harry would have come out and said that about him even if his form has been a bit off since coming back from injury.

There les the difference in the two clubs, one manager who knows how to motoivate his players and the other who refuses to take responsibility.

Pack your bags Roy and keep your gob well and truly shut.

Royston is really leaving himeslf wide open as far as I can see, cousin Shifty still has the ear of Henry, Werner & co???? At some point he is gonna say woah, this fucker is rewriting history, is it easrier to accept culpability for employing the balloon or to take all the shit for everything the daft fucker screws up. Royston maybe burning avery dangerous bridge as far as I can see.

Bodies under the patio are gonna get dug up, and the shit storm will continue. Get rid of the fucking idiot before it goes any further.

"I am immensely proud of what we've achieved and look forward to assisting the owners in any way I can."

_49585776_purslow226.jpg

fuck sake its about time good old roy took responsibility for HIS players!!

yes woy they are YOUR players you ARE the manager therefore it is YOUR squad!!

sick of it now hearing him blame everyone and everthing else other taking the responsibility himself.I was more than happy to give him a chance but this just puts the last nail in the coffin.Try playin cole in his right position then perhaps the lad might stand a chance

oh i so hope rafa turns up at a home game now and gets his name chanted so loud it makes anfield rock!!! then perhaps good old roy will get the message to do one and not comeback!! (thats not a pro rafa thing but if it does the job of getting roy out then so be it)

rant over

Guest davelfc
Fuck me, Cole is playing shit, but I didnt want him anyay. Also, saying I didnt want to sign Cole, but did want to sign Konchesky and Poulsen is hardly a concrete defence.

Yeah that's the crazy part, two shit players who couldn't play well no matter who was the manager and a player who has the skill to actually play well, and he accepts the shite ones.

But this thread is just the same as the Hodgson quotes and the mega thread. No matter how many times you bang your head against the wall, he will still be here when you wake up in casualty.

I just need to explain the dents in my walls now.

He has coughed for Poulsen and Konchesky in fairness.

If he was being shifty about it he'd hardly claim credit for them!

Royston is too thick to be shifty. Shifty Boswell aka Christy Purslow, pair of slippery bastards, aye sometimes they turn up trumps but I wouldn't trust either as far as I could throw them.

I'm not defending Purslow, but if you were MD and a player of Joe Cole's calibre became available on a free while we were in between managers wouldn't you be tempted to try and do a deal?

No, he shouldn’t be tempted. He’s a businessman and should have had nothing to do with team affairs. Between this and the list of players he gave Hodgson telling him they were no good (what the fuck???) we are seeing Purslow for the meddling person he is with ideas far above his station at a football club. I’ll always thank Purslow for his help in getting rid of H&G but I think he is an idiot for where he meddled with players and for appointing a man who was so clearly not the right man for the club. I despise hearing about a CEO advising a manager on players. Pure Gary Cook that it is.