You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Rafa back?

The Dude Abides

yes or no?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Rafa is a genius, he got paid 5 times over in the last twelve months, very tactical. Have him back? We won't need him as now it is nailed on that Mourinho will take the job. We'll spend big in the summer transfer and will win the league next year with Jose trumping Benitez again then fucking off to Portugal after a year to coach the national team. (Who then go out and beat Benitez' Spanish side in 2014 WC - at which point Rafa will still have a years payoff coming to him)

all that from a tea bag?

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa knows everything about the team, club and fans, loves lfc and is still loved by most fans.

He is one of the top managers in the world and knows where our team needs to improve,he has shown what he can do here so for all these reasons he is the best candidate in my eyes.

Id like rafa haters views on ancellotti, if rafa is shit after 1 bad season what is their view on carlo?he had managed ac for longer then rafa and had more time to build his team, he was also spending as much if not more then their rivals but still had a bad season and finished outside the top 4 in a shitter league then the prem, so if rafa is viewed as shit after one season the carlo must be worse no?

Guest the boy
How is that?

The most vocal - the likes of yourself, Red Nick, mypost, N'Gog We Trust etc. It's bizarre to begin lecturing, on here, of the opinion of match going fans, considering the straits some went to to keep Rafa in a job.

Rafa knows everything about the team, club and fans, loves lfc and is still loved by most fans.

He is one of the top managers in the world and knows where our team needs to improve,he has shown what he can do here so for all these reasons he is the best candidate in my eyes.

Id like rafa haters views on ancellotti, if rafa is shit after 1 bad season what is their view on carlo?he had managed ac for longer then rafa and had more time to build his team, he was also spending as much if not more then their rivals but still had a bad season and finished outside the top 4 in a shitter league then the prem, so if rafa is viewed as shit after one season the carlo must be worse no?

if only it was as simple as that JP. It's not just about results.

And Rafa's status as one of the top managers in the world has taken a bit of a battering lately. He may have been in 2005, but it's not cut and dried now.

if only it was as simple as that JP. It's not just about results.

And Rafa's status as one of the top managers in the world has taken a bit of a battering lately. He may have been in 2005, but it's not cut and dried now.

No one in world football had to deal with what he did with us. We were feared accross Europe, everyone dreaded being drawn against us.

He is having a blip now i agree but he is still one of the best managers around.

However if he comes here he needs to be told concentrate on attacking in the league and rest players in europe and use his tactical nous in that competition. He has proven he can win in europe with lesser players. You can even win in the premiership with lesser players - you need to attack attack attack!

Rafa can attract top players here too but we need financial backing as there is always a chance he will fall out with them.

You cant go for all comps and expect to win something, it took united years to get it right domestically and in europe. Hopefully the owners would have enough money to not need as much cl revenue for a few years as imo it is the only way we can win the league until an empire is built.

No one in world football had to deal with what he did with us. We were feared accross Europe, everyone dreaded being drawn against us.

He is having a blip now i agree but he is still one of the best managers around.

However if he comes here he needs to be told concentrate on attacking in the league and rest players in europe and use his tactical nous in that competition. He has proven he can win in europe with lesser players. You can even win in the premiership with lesser players - you need to attack attack attack!

Rafa can attract top players here too but we need financial backing as there is always a chance he will fall out with them.

You cant go for all comps and expect to win something, it took united years to get it right domestically and in europe. Hopefully the owners would have enough money to not need as much cl revenue for a few years as imo it is the only way we can win the league until an empire is built.

I agree with this post, and with regards to the bit in bold that's why I believe maybe a spell out of the firing line will help him to become the manager we know he is again.

Id like rafa haters views on ancellotti, if rafa is shit after 1 bad season what is their view on carlo?

He's managing historic double winners and fucked it all up after three months.

Ancelotti and Wenger out.

Ae you sure about that, a team an squad regressing proportional with his time in charge at the club suggest otherwise to me.

2 La Liga titles

1 Uefa Cup

1 Champions League

1 Champions League Runner Up

1 FA Cup

1 European Super Cup

1 World Club Cup

Who can beat that record? Guardiola, Mourinho, Ferguson, I can't think of much more beyond that. His record stands up to anyone.

Sure, I think he's a good manager and I appreciate what he did for the club. But a great manager? Not in my view and definitely not based on trophies he last won 5 years ago.

I am not meaning to insult him in any way, shape or form. Just giving my reality.

Based on what exactly, JP?

Won 2 leagues with a team that hadnt won it in 30 years against 2 massive teams with much bigger budgets.

Took liverpool from being a former giant and rarely qualifying for champs league to 2 champs finals in 3 years, most of the time getting to the latter stages and getting us closest to the title since we last won it again competing against teams spending a lot more.

Everyone knew who ever took over at inter would flop, and rafa was not helped by the squad being weakend and the owner coming out every week saying something.

I dont think the inter spell will hurt rafas cv as much as some think and his record before that stands up against most mangers in the world in the last 10 years.

I agree with this post, and with regards to the bit in bold that's why I believe maybe a spell out of the firing line will help him to become the manager we know he is again.

In all of the logistical, managerial and political arguments going back and forth the humane side is occasionaly being overlooked.

I wonder if he's thinking "I'd have to take it now otherwise someone might come in and succeed", particularly as Hodgson looks so weak.

As much as it bewilders us, hopefully Montse is saying "look, there are other football clubs and you will be in demand 6 months from now".

Won 2 leagues with a team that hadnt won it in 30 years against 2 massive teams with much bigger budgets.

Took liverpool from being a former giant and rarely qualifying for champs league to 2 champs finals in 3 years, most of the time getting to the latter stages and getting us closest to the title since we last won it again competing against teams spending a lot more.

Everyone knew who ever took over at inter would flop, and rafa was not helped by the squad being weakend and the owner coming out every week saying something.

I dont think the inter spell will hurt rafas cv as much as some think and his record before that stands up against most mangers in the world in the last 10 years.

Fair enough.

Though I am not basing my opinions on Rafa on 6 months at Inter. I am basing it on his time at Liverpool. As I just said to Randy; good manager, not a great one

What have the romans ever done for us.....

Some short memories, 1 european cup win and a losing final, countless other semi finals and 1 fa cup win. Best shot of winning no.19 than any other manager in last 20 years.

In the last few years there was a shit load going on with Parry and the owners.

I am not too sure why this manager would divide the supporters. The manager who in his penultimate season nearly won the league (yes he made mistakes but also didn't get the financial backing) and in his last season 'fell from grace' with a 7th place & semi in Europa cop. Again after having financial backing pulled to pay the owners debt (which should not have been on the club).

Why not introduce as a caretker manager until the end of the season and see how it goes - options on both sides.

Don't get me wrong he pissed me off loads but given our position I would take him back in a heartbeat.

A lot of fans who had lost confidence in him during the lastr season now realsie how much he was being dicked around by people who know fuck all about football matters.

I would say a higher percentage, than this poll, of match going fans would have hime back. As long as we played in the style as the last third of his penultimate season.

Based on what exactly, JP?

Based on Two La Liga titles, a UEFA cup, A european cup, an FA cup, compare that with most other managers, esp our current one. In 2009 we finished second with 86 points and only 2 defeats.

I'd have him back. He had one bad season, how many did Demento have, how many has Wenger had? Wenger's won fuck all for 6 years. And NEVER won the European Cup despite more attempts than most.

What have the romans ever done for us.....

Some short memories, 1 european cup win and a losing final, countless other semi finals and 1 fa cup win. Best shot of winning no.19 than any other manager in last 20 years.

In the last few years there was a shit load going on with Parry and the owners.

I am not too sure why this manager would divide the supporters. The manager who in his penultimate season nearly won the league (yes he made mistakes but also didn't get the financial backing) and in his last season 'fell from grace' with a 7th place & semi in Europa cop. Again after having financial backing pulled to pay the owners debt (which should not have been on the club).

Why not introduce as a caretker manager until the end of the season and see how it goes - options on both sides.

Don't get me wrong he pissed me off loads but given our position I would take him back in a heartbeat.

A lot of fans who had lost confidence in him during the lastr season now realsie how much he was being dicked around by people who know fuck all about football matters.

I would say a higher percentage, than this poll, of match going fans would have hime back. As long as we played in the style as the last third of his penultimate season.

This