You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Rafa back?

The Dude Abides

yes or no?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

What utter nonsense. Also, benayoun left after benitez did and crouch wanted to leave as he wasn't playing enough cos for some reason benitez continued to select torres ahead of him. Its idiotic, ill informed opinions like yours that turn this whole process into a slanging match between various 'factions'. Most rational liverpool supporters want the best manager we can get at the club. You, however, are happy to retain a 'lame duck' because rafa sold peter crouch?! Completely bizarre. The same goes for the twats that wouldn't have mourinho here 'cos hes a bit of a knob' or because him and rafa don't get on.

It was a bit bizarre to use Crouch as an example. But Benayoun is a good example of alienating a player. After he left he said one of the reasons he left was because of the fact he'd play well one week and be on the bench the next.

Alonso is a good example, also.

I don't want him back. Let's face it, the mans a knobhead. If you crossed him in the slightest you get fucked off. Whether you're an important first team player or not. It's there for all to see.

I'm sorry, but before I start absolutely hating the guts of the man, I don't want him back. I'd rather start a dynasty with a young manager and try something completely different. Build a young team, with a young manager.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree mate. I've never had a problem with the constructive criticisms of the man. Constructive criticism is healthy and anyone could see that he wasn't perfect.

Which is how it all got so bitter if you ask me.

Some people couldnt see or accept that and that infuriated some which resulted in the 'c' word being used and stuff like that

Which is how it all got so bitter if you ask me.

Some people couldnt see or accept that and that infuriated some which resulted in the 'c' word being used and stuff like that

I think there is an element of that to it mate yes.

I think a big problem was that many people saw it as a black and white issue, when in reality it wasn't. I can only speak from my experience, but I found that if you still backed him towards the end of last season, people saw you as having blind faith and obsession, when in reality that wasn't the case at all. I recognised his failings, recognised his mistakes, but still felt that he'd built up more than enough credit in the bank to be given the chance to turn it around. Way more than enough. Like I said though, I can only speak from my experience of being someone who still backed him. It's just a shame it all come down to all the bitterness really.

It was a bit bizarre to use Crouch as an example. But Benayoun is a good example of alienating a player. After he left he said one of the reasons he left was because of the fact he'd play well one week and be on the bench the next.

I don't want him back. Let's face it, the mans a knobhead. If you crossed him in the slightest you get fucked off. Whether you're an important first team player or not. It's there for all to see.

I'm sorry, but before I start absolutely hating the guts of the man, I don't want him back. I'd rather start a dynasty with a young manager and try something completely different. Build a young team, with a young manager.

I've lost count of the amount of times i've posted this but benayoun left after benitez.

Doesn't every manager get rid of a player who he falls out with? Ferguson done it with Stam and Beckham, Mourinho done it with Zlatan, Guardiola done it with Eto'o. Every manager does it. It's to stop them influencing other members of the team and creating a rift.

Benayoun was dropped by Rafa for the last game of the season (away at Hull). Benayoun was being alienated by Rafa, and was told by him that he didn't have a future at the club.

Yes then rafa was sacked. And then benayoun joined chelsea. After rafa left. Please explain how this was rafas fault. Benayoun joined chelsea because he decided that he would rather play for them than us. Hes a rat comparable to that little shit mascherano. One that always stands out for me is what top fellas all the spaniards (rafa included) associated with our club are. Regardless what anyone says about their abilities, they are far more loyal to us that alot of our, how shall i put this, homegrown players are. I couldn't imagine Torres joining chelsea for example, something that stevie , shamefully, was willing to do. I might be wrong though.

Yes then rafa was sacked. And then benayoun joined chelsea. After rafa left. Please explain how this was rafas fault. Benayoun joined chelsea because he decided that he would rather play for them than us. Hes a rat comparable to that little shit mascherano. One that always stands out for me is what top fellas all the spaniards (rafa included) associated with our club are. Regardless what anyone says about their abilities, they are far more loyal to us that alot of our, how shall i put this, homegrown players are. I couldn't imagine Torres joining chelsea for example, something that stevie , shamefully, was willing to do. I might be wrong though.

Holy madre de dios...

Guest the boy
You do realise this poll has no inclination on whether or not he gets the job' date=' right?

You're not very bright are you?[/quote']

It's interesting, though, that on the most anti-Benitez forum, by far, the vast majority want him back.

I'm expecting big chants for Rafa at Wolves.

Benayoun was dropped by Rafa for the last game of the season (away at Hull). Benayoun was being alienated by Rafa, and was told by him that he didn't have a future at the club.

Go on Carradona, please respond to dirk grout's post.

Rafa left (the person who Yossi allegedly felt alienated by) and Yossi still left liverpool for CHELSEA, one of our biggest rivals.

From an interview Yossi gave to the NOTW

New Chelsea signing Yossi Benayoun hit out at former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, accusing the Spaniard of making his time at Anfield a horrible experience.

Benitez left the Reds to join Inter Milan after a disastrous Premier League season which saw Liverpool failing to qualify for the Champions League next season.

The Israel international reveals that Benitez was the sole reason why he made a £5.5million move to Chelsea earlier this month.

"Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool," Benayoun told The News of the World.

"There is only one reason - Rafa Benitez.

"I agreed to join Chelsea before Roy Hodgson was appointed Liverpool's new manager.

Guest the boy

Would you have Rafa back, as opposed to Deschamps or another equally qualified manager?

That's a better poll question, and the answers would be very different, I think. And not in Rafa's favor.

By 'equally qualified', you're referring to managers who are as qualified as Deschamps, but not as qualified as Benitez, I presume? Dalglish is better qualified for the job than Didier Deschamps, and I'd rather us turn to him. Failing that, Unai Emery, having proven his ability to deliver a definite brand of football under even the most adverse conditions. Deschamps has had it easy, and is yet to deliver an ounce in Europe.

However ironic it may seem, unless Mourinho or Ferguson enter the job market tomorrow, Rafael Benitez is the most heavily qualified manager for the job in the world. Is there another with a European Cup, UEFA Cup, Super Cup, World Championship, La Liga, FA Cup and Premier League runners-up medal to his name? Give Rafa a rest, then jet him in. There's not another available that has achieved what he has. And that, as the great man himself would say, is fact.

And to put all this Pako nonsense aside: we enjoyed our most successful domestic season, playing our most attractive football, without him at the club. Regardless of what certain mad, half-literate foreign posters would say to the otherwise.