You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Rafa back?

The Dude Abides

yes or no?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I have nothing against Rafa as a person, and I'm eternally grateful for the Champions League and FA Cup victories. But I didn't like the way he felt the need to try and completely reshape the club according to exactly his preferences, from the top down, and acted petulant when he met resistance. Where is the evidence that (a) pure, unsullied Rafa philosophy regarding how a club should run actually works, and (b) he would not simply be combative with our new owners who have expressly come out and stated that they would have a very specific set of criteria when it comes to transfers and whether they are viable?

There is none. So many on here seem so willing to simply hand over the club to a single man because he flatters us and managed to do very well in the Champions League.

Right now, we need the owners to take care of the health of the club, and a manager to simply manage the first team. There is no way in hell in Rafa is the best choice in that type of situation, and it is made doubly comedic in that he has ALREADY BEEN HERE AND PROVEN THAT HE IS NOT SUITED TO THE SITUATION OUR CLUB IS IN. Rafa expects to be backed no questions asked. We can't (and shouldn't) offer that.

Add on to that the fact that there are aspects of Rafa's management and training style that are debatable (inconsistency in performances in the league, a lack of a Plan B in many league games against lesser opposition etc) and I think it is a sick joke that so many of our fans are so jonesied about getting the man back, and simply TERRIFIED at the idea of actually taking a bit of a risk and appointing a coach who hasn't already spent 6 fucking years here!

Also, why are we not having a "Would you have Ged back?" poll as well?

All good points apart from the last one in which the answer would be because he has a job

i think the reason why Rafa is winning is because he's now available and the general feeling is Anyone could do a better job than hodgson.

Yep i went there.

Ahhhh the old propaganda photo, shame he didnt actually have us in his heart, when he set himself up for his current job, whilst systematically dropping us down the league so he didnt have to face us in europe, knowing fine well we would have destroyed the club he walked into, eh eh eh??????

We could and should have finished in a european place, and you all know it, shite subbing and shite squad set ups lost us 4th spot that year. his plan all along.

And to then be "Sacked" then walk into his new job how many days later???? he fucking looked after himself there the cunt.

Rafa got lucky in 05, and didnt IMHO, do that much better the entire time he was here.

Sorry, to those of the red tinted glasses variety, but Rafa was not all he tried to make out he was, LFC was not his love, he was.

Bringing back God was a "get the fans onside stunt" and sadly, some of us saw through it.

Rafa in my view is not an Anfield legend despite number 5, great that we won it, yes, but he didnt mastermind it, nor did he create the team that won it, so bollocks.

I wouldnt have him back even if he said he was the second coming.

Sorry to all those who fell under his spell, but I didnt like him, we had a lot more potential than he made us out to have, and we could have gone a lot further had he not been so bloody minded.

I also dont care much at all for Roy, but for other reasons, mainly because hes a cock :)

And neg

your just a illiterate son of a bitch who has no clue what he is talking about...fcukin idiot

He should never have left. It was Purslow's decision trying to please H & G, and without a doubt the support of some senior players.

The same players who've underperformed this season.

If Rafa were available and if he were asked, a better question is, what terms would he come back on?

Why don't we just sign the club over to him?