You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny bleeding Murphy

Ynwa20

To be fair, Danny's quote still stands today. I'd love an English manager who actually knows something about the culture and history of our club because the current one doesn't.

I know what you mean but you could take the word English out of that sentence and it would be just as true as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, Danny's quote still stands today. I'd love an English manager who actually knows something about the culture and history of our club because the current one doesn't.

I know what you mean but you could take the word English out of that sentence and it would be just as true as far as I'm concerned.

We actually had someone who fit the profile (apart from the English bit of course). The problem was, he allowed himself to get sidetracked even though things off the field were less than tip-top, and too often displayed a stubborn streak where it was not required. He wasn't here to make friends, but he ended up collecting quite a few enemies along the way. There is no English manager today who fits the profile, and that is a major oversight by the previous board when selecting the new incumbent.

Well exactly, but the irony is: the manager who Murphy ran to Bascombe in January to say Liverpool needed to get rid of, understood the club far better than the Englishman we now have in charge.

I couldn't really care where our manager comes from, though, as long as he's up to the job.

Always had a soft spot for Spud Murphy, but in fairness he's talking through his hole.

I for one will ceratinly be a lot happier this christmas if santa delivers Roy to the knackers yard, wherein he'll be humanely put out of his face rubbing misery by one of those thingmajigs that lad out of No country for old Men had.

Indeed.

Always had a soft spot for Spud Murphy, but in fairness he's talking through his hole.

I for one will ceratinly be a lot happier this christmas if santa delivers Roy to the knackers yard, wherein he'll be humanely put out of his face rubbing misery by one of those thingmajigs that lad out of No country for old Men had.

Indeed.

It's called a bolt gun. Oddly enough they were often used on cattle prior to incineration when the authorities tried to control the BSE outbreak, otherwise known as Mad Cow Disease.

Guest ShoePiss
Josemi and Nunez weren't good enough either.

We had Didi, Alonso, Gerrard so Danny wasn't going to get much of a look in and wanted more first team football, he good enough to replace any of those above. No big slight as they were/are all great players but he simply wasn't good enough.

Spurs wouldn't even guarantee him first team football at the time so he joined Charlton.

The fact that Josemi and Nunez were shit is irrelevant here.

We had Didi, Alonso, Gerrard so Danny wasn't going to get much of a look in and wanted more first team football, he good enough to replace any of those above. No big slight as they were/are all great players but he simply wasn't good enough.

Spurs wouldn't even guarantee him first team football at the time so he joined Charlton.

The fact that Josemi and Nunez were shit is irrelevant here.

And Murphy going allowed us to bring in Garcia. Owen going allowed us to bring in Alonso, as with us not being able to get out of the Cisse transfer we had to sell to buy that summer.

Something the revisionists would do well to remember.

I thought he played well enough for us down the years and the winners against Utd in particular ensure he stays thought about positively in my book! My gripe is Roy's spending time making sure he doesn't dominate. In a game where Gerrard and Torres will feature and to some extent Meireles and Cole, we shouldn't be worried about stopping Murphy, Murphy and Fulham should be sleepless with worry that Stevie or Nando will destroy them!