You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Fulham

waiting game

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to break the Fulham curse over us in recent seasons tonight, and win 15 points from 15 in home games since NESV took over.

AGENDA:

League Game 18/38: v Fulham (h)

KO: 17:30 GMT/Local 18 December

Host Broadcaster: ESPN UK

Web: Streams

The game should survive. Very few of our home games are ever postponed, and the conditions are currently no worse than before the Villa game.

Roy Hodgson has spoken of his respect for Danny Murphy who will captain Fulham on his Anfield return this evening.

It was the Liverpool manager that gave the former Kop star the skipper's armband at Craven Cottage and he has thrived upon the extra responsibility.

With three Old Trafford winners and a Goodison Park derby clincher, Murphy is assured of a terrific welcome by the Kop.

"Danny is a good captain and I'm sure he is also coaching material in the future when he eventually stops which won't be for a while yet because he's still a very good player," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"He's a quality player and we will be working hard on our tactics to make sure he doesn't dominate the game.

"I'm pleased on Saturday against my old team I can put out an almost totally fresh XI and I hope that will stand us in good stead.

"It will be a special occasion to play against Fulham but only if we win the game.

"I enjoyed my time at Fulham and I've got enormous respect for the club and the players, and I really do wish them well but only after Saturday.

"It's a game we badly want to win but I know Fulham will make it very difficult for us and we will have to produce a good performance.

"I've mentioned Danny Murphy who always does a good job orchestrating the midfield, and they have some excellent individuals and a very good goalkeeper in Mark Schwarzer.

"During my time at Fulham we had a good record against Liverpool except for the defeat at home when Yossi Benayoun scored in the 93rd minute, so I know that team has some good quality, so hopefully we can show our quality and beat Fulham on Saturday."

Fuck off Murphy you thick little fuck and you to Roy, spuds gonna dominate the midfield eh ?

FOR

The TLW twitter thingy at the side's got a retweet from @SiClancy saying it's off.

<-------------------------

edit: seems young Clancy was a bit premature, it's AFC Liverpool's game thats off:

Sorry. Got text to say 'Liverpool game off' then chased it + was told it was AFCLiverpool's. Apologies for getting your hopes up. Or down.