You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Post your questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)

LFCTV

One of the problems with this season is that we've not made any investment into the future despite being crap.

Arsenal have had a few years not winning anything but playing young 'uns so at least they developed players while being in the top 4. Fergie took the hit for a couple of years of playing Ronaldo and then Nani, who developed. Even Spurs bought a number of young promising players and took a couple of years for some of them to come good (Bale for example).

We've had two down years but haven't got any benefit out of it. What's the point in being in 9th and playing Krygiakos, when we could be playing Wilson? Why play Konchesky when Jack Robinson could be getting a few games?

It's the same with Roy really. We could have got a promising manager who would have benefited from having a season and taking a few hard lessons, but would then improve to be top class. Instead we've had a poor season with someone who isn't ever likely to improve.

Yeah thats pretty disheartening too. I think the emergence of 1 or 2 talented youngsters out of this mess would do a bit to help lift peoples spirits. But we've seen nothing of the sort.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Kelly, Jay Spearing, Jonjo Shelvey???

I like Spearing, personally think he should get more game time but do have the nigglly feeling hes probably a championship level player.

Shelvey has looked good in the games hes played but I think the jury is still out on him. But he looks like he could be a good player.

Kelly is the only one I can hand on heart say I've been very impressed with and I think he'll make the grade here.

But as Jose Jones highlighted we may aswell start giving the likes of Pacheco, Wilson, Ecclestone, Robinson more game time to see how they can cope with the PL.

I personally would love just to see one top drawer talent come through in the next year or two. Pacheco might just be it. Have a funny feeling we'll be waiting on Suso though.

If we stay playing Hodgson's shit football, we absolutely must buy a big lump striker to knock down the long balls. (Dzeko, Necid, etc.)

We also need a winger that can deliver a decent cross, after beating a player with pace.

Finally, we need a fucking left back that isn't epically shit, and a CB to replace Agger/Carra/whichever.

If we stay playing Hodgson's shit football, we absolutely must buy a big lump striker to knock down the long balls. (Dzeko, Necid, etc.)

We also need a winger that can deliver a decent cross, after beating a player with pace.

Finally, we need a fucking left back that isn't epically shit, and a CB to replace Agger/Carra/whichever.

Agree with you there mate but I think Henry basically said he won't throw money at the problem though.

Its looking like its Roy and his system and the players we have till the summer. Which is not looking good right now.

Even if they did throw money at it we'd be extremely lucky to get the 2 or 3 players we need for Royball to work.

I don't think having a big, strong, striking option is a bad idea. If we're trailing late in the game, throwing on a big lump and then pulling our full backs up would give us a good chance of sticking something in the box that could end up in the back of the net.

It'd be a fucking change from now, when we just meekly die.

I don't think having a big, strong, striking option is a bad idea. If we're trailing late in the game, throwing on a big lump and then pulling our full backs up would give us a good chance of sticking something in the box that could end up in the back of the net.

It'd be a fucking change from now, when we just meekly die.

How much would Robert Huth cost.......?

Agree with you there mate but I think Henry basically said he won't throw money at the problem though.

Its looking like its Roy and his system and the players we have till the summer. Which is not looking good right now.

Even if they did throw money at it we'd be extremely lucky to get the 2 or 3 players we need for Royball to work.

Which will leave us with players not suited for a better more attacking and attracktive style when the cancer is removed sometime between now and the summer....

I watched the interview on LFC yesterday an got the feeling that all the emails, texts and calls were all vetted, who would of guessed.

in the whole entire interview there was only one positive point that John W bought up an thats was regarding the groudshare, he essentially said...''if the fans arn't feelin it, then it won't be done''...which is decent!

I like many fans did ping an email across which subsequently I guessing was too probing or too 'make the CEO look a cock on live tele'

there was no mention of our lack of the face rubbing managers talent, buying 30year olds that have no market value when we get rid, spending big money on divvys, bringing the wrong sort of player through the ranks and why they havent reopend the maccies in anfield....as they've got 2 in the red sox ground!!!

FUMING I AM, FUCKEN FUMING!!!!

I watched the interview on LFC yesterday an got the feeling that all the emails, texts and calls were all vetted, who would of guessed.

in the whole entire interview there was only one positive point that John W bought up an thats was regarding the groudshare, he essentially said...''if the fans arn't feelin it, then it won't be done''...which is decent!

I like many fans did ping an email across which subsequently I guessing was too probing or too 'make the CEO look a cock on live tele'

there was no mention of our lack of the face rubbing managers talent, buying 30year olds that have no market value when we get rid, spending big money on divvys, bringing the wrong sort of player through the ranks and why they havent reopend the maccies in anfield....as they've got 2 in the red sox ground!!!

There was.

I think people need a bit of perspective here on the LFC.TV show last night which i personally enjoyed and found it pretty revealing.

Firstly there was no way the owners were going to go on the clubs tv channel and abuse the manager.

It would have been disgusting and certainly not the way Liverpool do their business in washing the dirty linen in public.

What you need to do is not react but try and watch the show and listen carefully to what they are saying.

Not once did either Henry or Werner back the manager and claim he is the guy for the job.

Both stated that the results have not been good enough and Werner himself said that they wanted an 'immediate improvement'.

Both Henry and Werner had the perfect opportunity to say that Hodgson had 100% their support and that he is the manager to take the club forward.

Neither of them took this opportunity.

The nearest Hodgson got for support was they believed in what Hodgson was trying to achieve but that is nothing more then a throw away statement.

Henry stated that the resources needed to be spent better and that some players at the club were on too high a wage.

You can not have a go at the owners for appointing Hodgson or signing free transfers like Jovanovic and Cole or shite like Jones, Poulsen and Konchesky as all this happened under the previous regime.

This in my opinion is what Henry is making reference to when he says the club has made wrong footballing decisions.

The groundshare debate was put to bed with Henry himself stating that 'if the fans don't want it then its a non starter'.

As fans of Liverpool FC we are self proclaimed 'most knowledgable fans in the world' yet we are bombarding John Henry's twitter account with Hodgson out tweets and sign this player and that player.

Show some class and patientence and remember the owners only bought the club a few weeks ago and none of this mess is of their doing, they are purely on with the mammoth task of putting it right.

I think people need a bit of perspective here on the LFC.TV show last night which i personally enjoyed and found it pretty revealing.

Firstly there was no way the owners were going to go on the clubs tv channel and abuse the manager.

It would have been disgusting and certainly not the way Liverpool do their business in washing the dirty linen in public.

What you need to do is not react but try and watch the show and listen carefully to what they are saying.

Not once did either Henry or Werner back the manager and claim he is the guy for the job.

Both stated that the results have not been good enough and Werner himself said that they wanted an 'immediate improvement'.

Both Henry and Werner had the perfect opportunity to say that Hodgson had 100% their support and that he is the manager to take the club forward.

The nearest Hodgson got for support was they believed in what Hodgson was trying to achieve but that is nothing more then a throw away statement.

Henry stated that the resources needed to be spent better and that some players at the club were on too high a wage.

You can not have a go at the owners for appointing Hodgson or signing free transfers like Jovanovic and Cole or shite like Jones, Poulsen and Konchesky as all this happened under the previous regime.

This in my opinion is what Henry is making reference to when he says the club has made wrong footballing decisions.

The groundshare debate was put to bed with Henry himself stating that 'if the fans don't want it then its a non starter'.

As fans of Liverpool FC we are self proclaimed 'most knowledgable fans in the world' yet we are bombarding John Henry's twitter account with Hodgson out tweets and sign this player and that player.

Show some class and patientence and remember the owners only bought the club a few weeks ago and none of this mess is of their doing, they are purely on with the mammoth task of putting it right.

This with bells, tinsel, sugar and whatever shit goes on top.

Perfect post coop.

Are you sure you saw it last night? Or did you miss the bits where people came on and stated that Hodgson was not up to the job?

Well it is stupid to lie on air, and the question-rant was rightly the only one to go unanswered. The issue was already discussed.

But if the likes of that re-occurs, I reckon they'll suspend live phone-ins and go back to prepared, filtered quizzes with members of the board instead.

Should have got you to call in instead.

Should have got you to call in instead.

He did! Below is part of the transcript......

"IA: (Winning trophies). It’s what every fan buys their ticket for. It’s the big day out at Wembley or Rome or wherever. It’s all about winning. Hopefully it’s not too long. Last trophy in 2006 – we’re overdue another one very soon. It’s what players want as well. They don’t play to come 2nd or 3rd or 4th. We have to be first be it the league or the cup. That’s what we all want.

A final caller was squeezed in who suggested he believed in Roy Hodgson, what he is trying to do and with the right backing we can move this club forward. People should remember that the team now is not Roy Hodgson’s team. He needs time to settle in. Everyone seems quite negative at the minute. But there is good things to come.

They then moved to an ad break.

JWH: (On Dalglish’s involvement). No doubt about it he needs a much more substantive role. He is key to this franchise for the long term."

Good post !

Thought it was a load of shite myself and a major gaff by the club.

Since when has Liverpool F.C. had cart-blanche to slag off the current manager on the official station of all things regardless of performance. They didn't allow it last season and rightly so and they really shouldn't have allowed the stuff about Roy either. There are enough phone-ins both locally and nationally for that kind of thing and enough internet forums and Twitter etc. Some of it was like a do and don't to the owners as well.

It was totally wrong in my opinion, even if Roy is only here a year it isn't how Liverpool should operate and left a bad taste.

If it had just been to gauge opinion on the ground issue and the waiting list which some of it was fair enough but you could sense Matt Critchley getting agitated by the calls regarding the manager and rightly so.

There was no slagging off of the manager at all. There was fair and constructive criticism of the results but this was balanced by the comments that he was only in the job a short while. People who dont see this, for me, have sat down to watch this looking to create an agenda. Waiting to jump on the first thing that they could. Embarrassing.

don´t know if anyone else has mentioned it in the other pages as i´m a lazy arse but the one bit i thought was relevant was when werner spoke of the need to return to the relentless style of our best sides in the past, to go for a fourth when we´re three up.

I have a lot of confidence in the new owners, albeit tempered confidence, that they know what they want and what they want to see from the team.

Good signs but patience is definitely needed.

If there's one fan I bet Henry has heard from quite enough it must be Mike Jefferies. The mad twit keeps sending Henry tweets that sound like the bloke is pissed and/or 14 years old. Here's his latest:

@John_W_Henry "Dear Mr Santa". Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...