You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I like him and I am glad to see him enjoying being involved in football in some way again. I think he still feels some regret at having let us down post illness and hoped we'd be more successful than we were,but life is far more important than football and he had to leave the stress of management to save his own.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I like him and I am glad to see him enjoying being involved in football in some way again. I think he still feels some regret at having let us down post illness and hoped we'd be more successful than we were,but life is far more important than football and he had to leave the stress of management to save his own.

He was back managing pretty soon after he left us I think. But he looked a changed man when he left Liverpool, much healthier, that besieged look had gone and he was back to his relaxed self. Pressure is a killer 

Guest Pistonbroke

I like Houllier, always comes across as a humble guy which is something the French don't do easily. 

2000-2001 was a special season for our club. Who let the dogs out.............

48 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I like Houllier, always comes across as a humble guy which is something the French don't do easily. 

2000-2001 was a special season for our club. Who let the dogs out.............

Yeah, loved Ged. Good manager but it went tits up when he decided not to sign Anelka and bought those other clowns instead.

• Upvote 1

I didn't want to open this thread when I saw it last night.... feared the worst. 

Brilliant fella, loved the club and he dragged us out of the 90's as a decent force again. Nothing against Roy Evans but I think if Houllier had come two years before then we would have won more under him, possibly even a title. Evans had some ridiculous talent in that squad but they were mostly piss-heads with no respect. 

Still love the story of Houllier ripping Ince apart then fucking him off. He also took Gerrard to the next level by giving him the captaincy. Harsh on Sammy but it was gutsy and correct move. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, loved Ged. Good manager but it went tits up when he decided not to sign Anelka and bought those other clowns instead.

He certainly tailed off after 2001 season. I was at the final in Dortmund and it was a joy to see how he and the players celebrated lifting the trophy for the club. Fond memories. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I didn't want to open this thread when I saw it last night.... feared the worst.

Brilliant fella, loved the club and he dragged us out of the 90's as a decent force again. Nothing against Roy Evans but I think if Houllier had come two years before then we would have won more under him, possibly even a title. Evans had some ridiculous talent in that squad but they were mostly piss-heads with no respect. 

Still love the story of Houllier ripping Ince apart then fucking him off. He also took Gerrard to the next level by giving him the captaincy. Harsh on Sammy but it was gutsy and correct move. 

Definitely one of the negatives of forums that, or social media in general with what might be trending.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I Nothing against Roy Evans but I think if Houllier had come two years before then we would have won more under him, possibly even a title. Evans had some ridiculous talent in that squad but they were mostly piss-heads with no respect. 

Possible but I do think that history leaves Roy with a far worse resume that it should. He was manager at a time when in the first 2 of his 4 years in charge only the Champions got Champions league football and in the last two years only the top 2 made it. He would have been in the Champions league each year a few years later. Only missed out on the Champions league on GD one year. 

I doubt he ever would have got us over the hill and won the title but with Champions league money he may have had the budget to push us on a bit. But ultimately the club needed a change and we got it. Pretty surprised he never stayed in football. Not sure if he had offers or not, if he didn't then some teams missed out and should have had him involved. The club handled the whole situation terribly though. I'd had moved him elsewhere maybe to the academy but I doubt that would have gone well with Houllier 

On 02/10/2019 at 18:02, Lee909 said:

Possible but I do think that history leaves Roy with a far worse resume that it should. He was manager at a time when in the first 2 of his 4 years in charge only the Champions got Champions league football and in the last two years only the top 2 made it. He would have been in the Champions league each year a few years later. Only missed out on the Champions league on GD one year. 

I doubt he ever would have got us over the hill and won the title but with Champions league money he may have had the budget to push us on a bit. But ultimately the club needed a change and we got it. Pretty surprised he never stayed in football. Not sure if he had offers or not, if he didn't then some teams missed out and should have had him involved. The club handled the whole situation terribly though. I'd had moved him elsewhere maybe to the academy but I doubt that would have gone well with Houllier 

He went to Swindon and took Ruddock as player coach. 

Fucking mad taking that twat with him and then the club had to get shorts made specifically for him as the XXL didn’t fit the fat cunt. 

Think he helped out Toshack with the Welsh National side too. 

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He went to Swindon and took Ruddock as player coach. 

Fucking mad taking that twat with him and then the club had to get shorts made specifically for him as the XXL didn’t fit the fat cunt. 

Think he helped out Toshack with the Welsh National side too. 

Didn't know that

Fuck me that was a terrible move, Ruddock was one of the main fucking reason we had a shit culture going, why the hell would he take him. You'd have though Rush,Barnes etc but bloody Ruddock