You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great cups of tea

RedinSweden

You know that sometimes circumstances mean that a cup of tea is just particularly ace. It probably has something to do with alignment of stars or something like that. But anyway, every now and then in your life you will be presented with a cup of tea that is just perfect. Flavour, temperature, everything. You wish it would last forever.

My most memorable one was having walked the horseshoe pass in Snowdonia we got to the cafe at the end and the lovely lady there poured me a fresh tea in a huge mug and it was quite simply amazing. I almost wept. If i had a time machine and could revisit any event in my life, I'd skim past the whole marriage and birth of kids stuff and go straight there. That was fucking special.

Share your finest tea memories.

I've had many special cups of tea, and am finding it difficult to narrow it down to a single life changing experience. On the opposite extreme, I had elderly relatives who, despite having the same tea bags and milk that we had at home, always made disgusting tea. I think it's something to do with floral china cups that made it taste consistently rank.

My girl loves tea. I never drink hot drinks other than boiled water with lemons in.

At the minute there is a lot of burglaries in our area and my bird insists on the dog sleeping n the bedroom when I'm out. This morning I went in and had a cuppa for her. I fell over her hair dryer and swilled the dog. Bad times.

Mine will have to be after a night out.... I dont realy drink that much so I wasnt drunk in any way, it was close to last christmas and I had been trying to flag a taxi down on Dale street for around two hours...

Finaly one stopped and at that moment I was excited for a cup of tea. I boiled the kettle whilst I got ready for bed, then got in with a steaming hot cuppa......amazing.

RIS thanks for the memory.

Not a particular one but that first cup of tea in the morning is always a good one, just sitting in the kitchen before the kids get up savouring the bite at the back of your throat and enjoying the peace. Ahhhhh!

While on the subject, are there any foods that you MUST have with tea as coffe would be plain wrong?

Mine are

Toast

Fry up

Beans on toast

Pie & chips

Fish & Chips

...all the unhealthy stuff really

Not a particular one but that first cup of tea in the morning is always a good one, just sitting in the kitchen before the kids get up savouring the bite at the back of your throat and enjoying the peace. Ahhhhh!

While on the subject, are there any foods that you MUST have with tea as coffe would be plain wrong?

Mine are

Toast

Fry up

Beans on toast

Pie & chips

Fish & Chips

...all the unhealthy stuff really

There is no food that coffee goes better with than tea. Coffee is not a with-food beverage. tea is. That is a stone cold steve austin fact. Before any coffee muppet says cake, they can fuck off. Tea and cake.

There is no food that coffee goes better with than tea. Coffee is not a with-food beverage. tea is. That is a stone cold steve austin fact. Before any coffee muppet says cake, they can fuck off. Tea and cake.

I think it depends on the cake - fruit cake definitely tea

Sachertorte - coffee every time!

I have started using a pot a lot more recently. I like the lazy factor and also bring a jug of milk in the lounge with it. Tea rules way more out of a pot.

I had a pot of tea last week that just hit the sweet spot. Just the right temp, sweetness and milkiness. Managed to get two or three cups out of that pot with the missus. Blew me away how good it was.

Still not my best cup of tea though. That was about 5 years back when I got home after travelling North America for a few months, having not had a decent brew in fucking ages. I was spitting feathers for a cuppa when I landed at Heathrow, but waited till I got back in my flat and cracked open the Twinings Everyday. Never had a cup of tea so nice, hit the spot. Makes me wanna sex wee just thinking about it.

I have started using a pot a lot more recently. I like the lazy factor and also bring a jug of milk in the lounge with it. Tea rules way more out of a pot.

I had a pot of tea last week that just hit the sweet spot. Just the right temp, sweetness and milkiness. Managed to get two or three cups out of that pot with the missus. Blew me away how good it was.

Still not my best cup of tea though. That was about 5 years back when I got home after travelling North America for a few months, having not had a decent brew in fucking ages. I was spitting feathers for a cuppa when I landed at Heathrow, but waited till I got back in my flat and cracked open the Twinings Everyday. Never had a cup of tea so nice, hit the spot. Makes me wanna sex wee just thinking about it.

That sounds like a truly golden moment. We have an ace teapot we have inherited from Mrs RiS grandma. China pot, excellent pourer, ugly and flowery. I have just ordered a flowery tea cosy that neither matches the pot, nor any room in our house. It's a tea cosy that screams "I'm here to make sure your tea is fucking hot, not to look nice. If you wanted that, why didn't you buy a painting? Now fuck off and let me get back to my job, which is keeping tea hot".

That sounds like a truly golden moment. We have an ace teapot we have inherited from Mrs RiS grandma. China pot, excellent pourer, ugly and flowery. I have just ordered a flowery tea cosy that neither matches the pot, nor any room in our house. It's a tea cosy that screams "I'm here to make sure your tea is fucking hot, not to look nice. If you wanted that, why didn't you buy a painting? Now fuck off and let me get back to my job, which is keeping tea hot".

I'm in the market for a tea cosy at the moment too.

Not seen one I want yet, but when I do I'll pounce.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

After eating something spicy, or pepper laden, the tea is ace. Even if it's something simple like peppery beans on toast or a cumberland sausage sandwich. Quality beverage.

A long time ago i spent a year travelling around South America, a continent not known for its tea. Near the end of my time over there i happened upon a cafe run by an ex pat English woman in a little place called San Agustin. It was a lovely little place in the hills with a fantastic garden and veranda. Anyway, she cooked us a slap up fry up followed by the best cup of tea i've ever had. I felt like crying as i knew it'd never be bettered. A magical moment!

I'm reading this thread while Ok Computer plays in the background and it's actually made me cry. I love tea so much. I had 9 mugs of it yesterday and was up twice during the night for pisses. The greatest cup of tea I had was the day I survived a massive car crash. Survived with a broken sternum but that cuppa made me feel like it was all ok again!

before my rant, im gonna have to lay my cards on the table

i fucking hate coffee, its a foul smelling, cigarette substitute, up your own arse wanky office drink, and it should be banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what ive noticed in all these "wanker hangouts" that sell "skinny mocha-chinos" and the likes

its now happened in 3 different "wanker hangouts",

i notice their tea bags are generally of the shite variety, but like most places, they offer alternative tea bags in some tossy display, here's where i start to get annoyed, when i ask for a cup of tea, but with a certain tea bag, the flute bags behind the counter just simply pour me a boiling cup of water, and hand me a fucking tea bag separately, now hang on a fucking minute, the way to make tea is you add the bag, THEN THE FUCKING WATER you knob-ends.

i let this fucker slide a few times, but today was my boiling point, as i asked again for my cup of tea, with a particular tea bag, the silly bint did her trick again, i just looked at her and said,

Me. "you know if i ordered a vanilla latte, extra hot, no foam, would you make me add my own vanilla, milk and coffee granules?"

Bint. "Eh, no"

Me, "exactly!!!!! i asked for tea, not boiling water, you make tea by pouring boiling water over a tea bag, not the other way around"

the look on her face was priceless, kinda like the look you'd give if someone asked who you'd rather fuck, your mam, or sister.

with that, i just picked up my cup of boiling water and my tea bag and fucked off

im sure the silly cow will know how to do it in future, im also sure the dopey cow will try and slip a belly churning phlegm gollier into my tea in the process, but the point needed to be made

big up the tea drinkers!!!!!

Tell you what, My big lfc mug, 3 sugars, abit of milk, and a twinings assam tea, strewed so long that the spoon stands up in the fucker!

Now that is my favourite cuppa tea!!! (not a snob with the assam, just fell i love with that tea) Good shit that. Costco and macro do a cracking deal on it too, and i think the bargain value helps it taste all the better cause i fell smug!