You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

eBay scammers

Torvald Utne

Sold my laptop on eBay last night but it's clearly been bought by a scammer planning to either pay with a stolen card or email me a fake paypal payment receipt in the hope I'll send without checking paypal account.

Anyways, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to report a dodgy buyer on eBay, only if they havent paid, anyone know how you go about sorting this as I believe I can't relist until the user has been banned and a dispute opened and resolved?

I'd just close your account and sell it from another one.

And sign his address up to as many postal order companies as possible, my dad's got these leaflets that you put a name and address on and tick what free samples you would be interested in and just throw it in the post box. Theres only so many incontenance pads and blood pressure stockings a guy can take!

Although they could do more to prevent these kind of buyers getting registered and making it easy to report on the site itself can't fault them after I got them on live chat, the guy had a quick look, de-registered the bidder and refunded the selling fees all in about 5 minutes. Was expecting lots of questions about why I think the guy is a scammer and having to wait 7 days to resolve the case and all that shizzle.

Having said all that I think they kept my 40p insertion fee which leads me to the obvious conclusion that these buyers are actually ebay themselves bumping up their insertion fee kitty.

I've been looking for a second hand Samsung n210 for months and have had no luck... until now.

I am happy to offer you £500 to close the deal immediately. I am so keen and genuine that I have already sent you a cheque but in the excitement I accidentally made it out for £5000. Send me £4500 change and a laptop quickly, before my boss finds out.

Guest Pistonbroke

I bought a Nintendo DS a few years back for 100 euros on EBay and low and behold it didn't turn up. I was fecking fuming and i haven't used the shit site any more. I'm an Amazon man now, still get great offers if you bide your time and i haven't experienced one problem in the whole time i've used it.

Although they could do more to prevent these kind of buyers getting registered and making it easy to report on the site itself can't fault them after I got them on live chat, the guy had a quick look, de-registered the bidder and refunded the selling fees all in about 5 minutes. Was expecting lots of questions about why I think the guy is a scammer and having to wait 7 days to resolve the case and all that shizzle.

Having said all that I think they kept my 40p insertion fee which leads me to the obvious conclusion that these buyers are actually ebay themselves bumping up their insertion fee kitty.

I was right....(from an email they sent me)

Note that listing fees, including optional feature fees, are

non-refundable, because they are based on the service we provide.