You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Che Guevara

robbief

Basically just looking for the views of the GF on this fella.....

Many Cubans believe he was just a murderer, some believe he was a freedom fighter, a rebel, a revolutionary or a plain old cock head.

I think to have much of a view on the killings, the fighting and the rebellion you must be either be from South America, be in some way connected to what went on or be well read on the subject (s).

I can see why people believe he was 'just a murderer' and so on....... but look at Nelson Mandela, there are videos about of him putting car tyres around people and setting them on fire, now he has a peace prize and probably 90% of the world campaigned to set him free. Obviously this goes back to 'one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter', but what do you think?

Personally I like Che for the simple reason that he stood and fought for what he believed was right. Regardless of whether or not you believe the same or agree with what he did, he stood for his beliefs.

I have a tattoo of the famous 'Che Silhouette' with the words 'better to die standing, than to live on your knees' which is a quote of his that hits the nail on the head of why I like him. I believe that quote is good advise for everybody, too many people let others get away with murder and treating others like shit which is why the world is a shit hole, if more people stood up for what they believe, and told wankers that they are being wankers we'd be in a better place.

Many Cubans believe he was just a murderer, some believe he was a freedom fighter, a rebel, a revolutionary or a plain old cock head.

I think to have much of a view on the killings, the fighting and the rebellion you must be either be from South America, be in some way connected to what went on or be well read on the subject (s).

I can see why people believe he was 'just a murderer' and so on....... but look at Nelson Mandela, there are videos about of him putting car tyres around people and setting them on fire, now he has a peace prize and probably 90% of the world campaigned to set him free. Obviously this goes back to 'one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter', but what do you think?

Personally I like Che for the simple reason that he stood and fought for what he believed was right. Regardless of whether or not you believe the same or agree with what he did, he stood for his beliefs.

I have a tattoo of the famous 'Che Silhouette' with the words 'better to die standing, than to live on your knees' which is a quote of his that hits the nail on the head of why I like him. I believe that quote is good advise for everybody, too many people let others get away with murder and treating others like shit which is why the world is a shit hole, if more people stood up for what they believe, and told wankers that they are being wankers we'd be in a better place.

Ermmmm. That quote is from Emiliano Zapata. A Mexican revolutionary. A man who died a good few years before Guevara was even born.

Big fan of Adolf Hitler then are you beef? Exactly the same thing applies to him.

I doubt there are videos of Nelson Mandela putting tyres around people and setting fire to them.

Big fan of Adolf Hitler then are you beef? Exactly the same thing applies to him.

I doubt there are videos of Nelson Mandela putting tyres around people and setting fire to them.

I believe that Hitler had balls to go all the way and follow through what he believed. I also think that what Hitler did was wrong and completely beyond reason however the man deserved respect for what he did, not only taking his beliefs to the world, but convincing so many people he was right aswell.

And I'm sure you will be able to get a copy of those videos somewhere, I saw them in Madame Tussauds in London.

I believe that Hitler had balls to go all the way and follow through what he believed. I also think that what Hitler did was wrong and completely beyond reason however the man deserved respect for what he did, not only taking his beliefs to the world, but convincing so many people he was right aswell.

And I'm sure you will be able to get a copy of those videos somewhere, I saw them in Madame Tussauds in London.

You saw a video at Madame Tussauds of Nelson Mandela necklacing someone? I find that very hard to believe.

My comments above were merely questioning your reasons for having a tattoo of someone without knowing their history. You should read about Che, it is fascinating stuff. As for respecting Hitler...erm.

You saw a video at Madame Tussauds of Nelson Mandela necklacing someone? I find that very hard to believe.

My comments above were merely questioning your reasons for having a tattoo of someone without knowing their history. You should read about Che, it is fascinating stuff. As for respecting Hitler...erm.

He was president until June 1999, Madame Tussauds had given two rooms to students who had done an exhibition about his life in an attempt to give people a 'fair view' to make their own minds up. It was good really, obviously not enough people saw it or cared enough to research it for themselves. Poorly publicised if you like.......

He was president until June 1999, Madame Tussauds had given two rooms to students who had done an exhibition about his life in an attempt to give people a 'fair view' to make their own minds up. It was good really, obviously not enough people saw it or cared enough to research it for themselves. Poorly publicised if you like.......

The famous necklacing by the ANC went on while Mandela was in prison. The closest a Mandela came to it was his daft wife Winnie's inappropriate mention of it in a speech.

I too have been to Madam Tusauds and saw the video where Nelson Mandela or mad dog mandela as they used to call him back then, necklacing people with burning tyres and also hitting them over the head with a wheel brace repeatedly asking them if it 'tastes like chicken?'. Julian Assange was there in the queue, he wasn't famous at the time and actually raped me on the way out in the darkness but the police wouldn't take my accusation seriously as the internet didn't exist back then bar a few back office IBM mainframes.

The famous necklacing by the ANC went on while Mandela was in prison. The closest a Mandela came to it was his daft wife Winnie's inappropriate mention of it in a speech.

Correct, he was in prison when the bombing of bars, restaurants and so called 'necklacing' started. He was still a lead figure of the ANC, and even after the ANC got banned he was leading the protests for them to start their own military.

Correct, he was in prison when the bombing of bars, restaurants and so called 'necklacing' started. He was still a lead figure of the ANC, and even after the ANC got banned he was leading the protests for them to start their own military.

So, did you, or did you not see a video of him putting car tyres on people and setting fire to them?

So, did you, or did you not see a video of him putting car tyres on people and setting fire to them?

I saw the ANC, of which him and his wife where influential members at the time, 'necklacing' a group of people. Any business or organisation can do something, usually it's the low ranked members who actually carry out the actions, common sense and all that.......

What I'm saying is being in prison or being out in the street with a stack of goodyears, he was as bad as the rest.

Glorifying Che? Jesus christ.

What bout Pol Pot? Leoplod II or Mengistu? They all believed what they where doing was right.

and regardless of whether or not you agree with their views, the fact that they went to the world to get what they wanted and make things they way they saw right, means they where in the 5% who took stand. Hats off.

The point of this thread is about those who stand for their beliefs. Not just about communism, terrorism, marxism, racism, sexism......... but the things we are involved in here, today aswell. If everyone grew a pair and told that bell end in the berghaus not to spit on the bus or swear in front of their little girl or sister instead of rushing home to log onto this to let every know about it we would be better off.