WrongIslander

Steve McManaman

Won’t have a bad word said about McManaman!! Grew up in the next street to him. He was a bit older. I sat next to his younger bro in school. He was always sound with us - used to knock on his door when he was at his mums and dads and he’d take anything into training for us and get it signed by the team. Never said no once. Used to play footy with us on the street corner even when he was in the first team. But his dad died and eventually, obviously just moves on. Done well for himself for a lad from Walton, County Road, L4 

• Upvote 10

55 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Won’t have a bad word said about McManaman!! Grew up in the next street to him. He was a bit older. I sat next to his younger bro in school. He was always sound with us - used to knock on his door when he was at his mums and dads and he’d take anything into training for us and get it signed by the team. Never said no once. Used to play footy with us on the street corner even when he was in the first team. But his dad died and eventually, obviously just moves on. Done well for himself for a lad from Walton, County Road, L4 

I think both Macca and Carra suffer from trying too hard to sound objective by being overly harsh/critical far too often.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ginny said:

Good on him. I still think he's shit on the telly though,just like almost all ex pro 'analysts.' 

12 hours ago, Ginny said:

He was best man at my birds uncles wedding (This was before I met her). By all accounts a thoroughly decent fella. He's always come across as a decent bloke. I bet he's been told about his pronunciation by the producers though. 

As for him or Carra being critical... so what? Thats their job. 

Always thought he was from Fountains Rd way, his was mates with my cousins fella, at the wedding at Orry’s. He played for the Kop I think as a kid his dad drank there too I think.