You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steve McManaman

WrongIslander

• 9 months later...

Won’t have a bad word said about McManaman!! Grew up in the next street to him. He was a bit older. I sat next to his younger bro in school. He was always sound with us - used to knock on his door when he was at his mums and dads and he’d take anything into training for us and get it signed by the team. Never said no once. Used to play footy with us on the street corner even when he was in the first team. But his dad died and eventually, obviously just moves on. Done well for himself for a lad from Walton, County Road, L4 

• Upvote 10

55 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Won’t have a bad word said about McManaman!! Grew up in the next street to him. He was a bit older. I sat next to his younger bro in school. He was always sound with us - used to knock on his door when he was at his mums and dads and he’d take anything into training for us and get it signed by the team. Never said no once. Used to play footy with us on the street corner even when he was in the first team. But his dad died and eventually, obviously just moves on. Done well for himself for a lad from Walton, County Road, L4 

I think both Macca and Carra suffer from trying too hard to sound objective by being overly harsh/critical far too often.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ginny said:

Good on him. I still think he's shit on the telly though,just like almost all ex pro 'analysts.' 

12 hours ago, Ginny said:

He was best man at my birds uncles wedding (This was before I met her). By all accounts a thoroughly decent fella. He's always come across as a decent bloke. I bet he's been told about his pronunciation by the producers though. 

As for him or Carra being critical... so what? Thats their job. 

• 2 years later...
On 02/12/2020 at 12:54, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Always thought he was from Fountains Rd way, his was mates with my cousins fella, at the wedding at Orry’s. He played for the Kop I think as a kid his dad drank there too I think.

I used to know a lad from Crosby and he lived next door to McManaman’s parents I think. Assume they moved there as always thought he was a Bootle lad too, as my mum is, so always remember if I hear someone is from there.

Anyway, was playing football in his garden and McManaman turned up and was looking at a moped with his mum and dad as I remember. We didn’t shout him. 

I appreciate that this story is most likely going to be a highlight of your days. Only way is down from here.

CD87C392-2E77-45BF-99EF-7E1DEA1F6CE6.gif