You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Okay, here's the script,

My brother and I set up a skateboarding company, we sell skateboard parts and accessories and clothing seen as fashionable by skaters. I've since been saving my own 'kitty' and can't decide whether or not to plow it into the company and buy a bigger share or to set up a side project of my own........

If I was to do my own thing I would produce good quality clothes without the stupid price tag.

Obviously I know everyone likes good quality clothes, and it's also a cert that everyone likes to pay reasonable prices. So the questions I put to the GF is;

-What style of clothes would you like to be more readily available?

-Would you mind wearing a garment that states a reletively unknown name rather than the likes of HUGO BOSS or Ralph Lauren? I know some of you wouldn't touch a designer name with a yard brush......

-The style I had in mind was a sort of casual range, Polo shirts (plain colours in long and short sleeved), Jumpers, Shirts(plain, maybe a few stripes, possibly a check or two) and various jackets and knitware along the lines of cardies and stuff. What would you think of this kind of gear?

I know I've been on here and messed about a fair bit, but let's try and keep this serious-ish as I'm looking for a cross section of views and for this the GF is ideal. By the way, feel free to get involved girls, let me know what you would like to see lads wearing and so on.............

-Would you mind wearing a garment that states a reletively unknown name rather than the likes of HUGO BOSS or Ralph Lauren? I know some of you wouldn't touch a designer name with a yard brush......

I don't mind wearing clothes of any name if it looks nice and is affordable, but so many clothes are spoiled by having a big logo on them or even small logos. It shouldn't be so difficult to find a plain black jumper or a plain t-shirt without there being logos all over it. For example:

http://www.asos.com/Bench/Bench-Doom-Button-Detail-Jumper/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1391674&cid=7617&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black and http://www.asos.com/Luke/Luke-Smiley-Long-Sleeve-Knitted-Polo/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1377351&cid=7617&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

Nice jumper, but I wouldn't buy it as I don't like the logos over the left breast or on the shoulder. I've bought something similar in the past and un-stitched a logo like that before to remove it.

If you buy something from Burton or Next I tend to find the quality is pretty poor so there's times when I don't mind paying for something from a designer range, but I just want it for the higher quality (Better shape, better quality stitching, less likely to be stretched etc).

I like stuff which is well made but doesn't need to show off logos or names. I know this is difficult from a sellers point of view as having a name somewhere on the item is good marketing, but unless you're a big name then why bother anyway?

How you gonna make this stuff anyway?

I don't mind wearing clothes of any name if it looks nice and is affordable, but so many clothes are spoiled by having a big logo on them or even small logos. It shouldn't be so difficult to find a plain black jumper or a plain t-shirt without there being logos all over it. For example:

http://www.asos.com/Bench/Bench-Doom-Button-Detail-Jumper/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1391674&cid=7617&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black and http://www.asos.com/Luke/Luke-Smiley-Long-Sleeve-Knitted-Polo/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1377351&cid=7617&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

Nice jumper, but I wouldn't buy it as I don't like the logos over the left breast or on the shoulder. I've bought something similar in the past and un-stitched a logo like that before to remove it.

If you buy something from Burton or Next I tend to find the quality is pretty poor so there's times when I don't mind paying for something from a designer range, but I just want it for the higher quality (Better shape, better quality stitching, less likely to be stretched etc).

I like stuff which is well made but doesn't need to show off logos or names. I know this is difficult from a sellers point of view as having a name somewhere on the item is good marketing, but unless you're a big name then why bother anyway?

How you gonna make this stuff anyway?

Is the right answer.

I want a few polo shirts, but having a logo on it puts me off. I don't want someone lookin closer to see if they recognise the logo, ask me what make it is, me say I don't know, then them pull a stupid face. I'd rather just wear a decent plain polo shirt and not deal with idiots.

Guest ShoePiss
Okay, here's the script,

My brother and I set up a skateboarding company, we sell skateboard parts and accessories and clothing seen as fashionable by skaters. I've since been saving my own 'kitty' and can't decide whether or not to plow it into the company and buy a bigger share or to set up a side project of my own........

If I was to do my own thing I would produce good quality clothes without the stupid price tag.

Obviously I know everyone likes good quality clothes, and it's also a cert that everyone likes to pay reasonable prices. So the questions I put to the GF is;

-What style of clothes would you like to be more readily available?

-The style I had in mind was a sort of casual range, Polo shirts (plain colours in long and short sleeved), Jumpers, Shirts(plain, maybe a few stripes, possibly a check or two) and various jackets and knitware along the lines of cardies and stuff. What would you think of this kind of gear?

I know I've been on here and messed about a fair bit, but let's try and keep this serious-ish as I'm looking for a cross section of views and for this the GF is ideal. By the way, feel free to get involved girls, let me know what you would like to see lads wearing and so on.............

I think you've fallen on a real gap in the market here, getting in first is key!

As for names, it has to be catchy, maybe "Steroid Abuse" or "Roberto Le Boeuf"

I don't like something flash,if I were going to go down the route your planning on I'd mimick the styling of a lot of the adidas original clothing line.Something nice with a subtle logo,even Nike have a new-ish logo for their "street fashion".

The market you're trying to break into is already overcrowded,but hey best of luck with it mate.