You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kopfaithful Statement

Kop Faithful

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mission completed, well done and thanks for all your efforts in our fight against the former owners.

They should be congratulated for their part in the removal of the owners, but I don't believe it's mission completed.

I believe that the only way for football clubs to run themselves prudently, is to run the club themselves. Therefore, the ultimate goal for Kopfaithful, SOS and other groups, should not stop at the removal of G&H, it should be to eventually gain control of the club, as in several other countries, so that the club can't be used as any individual's plaything, and to put the fans at the heart of club decision making, not as an afterthought. When that's done, whichever group succeeds in that goal, it will then be mission completed imo.

They should be congratulated for their part in the removal of the owners, but I don't believe it's mission completed.

I believe that the only way for football clubs to run themselves prudently, is to run the club themselves. Therefore, the ultimate goal for Kopfaithful, SOS and other groups, should not stop at the removal of G&H, it should be to eventually gain control of the club, as in several other countries, so that the club can't be used as any individual's plaything, and to put the fans at the heart of club decision making, not as an afterthought. When that's done, whichever group succeeds in that goal, it will then be mission completed imo.

The OP spoke for the kopfaithful. The following comes from myself, I am not speaking for the group.

We don't really need you to set our goals. As laid out in the statement, we were only ever going to be a 1 issue organisation. That issue has gone.

Again, as highlighted in the statement, organisations such as SoS are more equipped and have wider agendas more suited to what is required from here. We don't need 50 protest groups, in fact we need to show we can have some unity, both as fans and a club. If we ever want fan ownership it will be achieved as a single body. If we need countless groups to get it, we'll never have a common enough goal to run the club. If we want FSG to get on with running the club today, talking to countless organisations on an almost weekly basis is only going to get in the way of that.

Our view is it's time for us to step down and allow others to get on with the job their constitutions have equipped them to deal with and allow the new owners the space they need to turn the club around. Our job, at least for now, is over.

As Barry Wom said, and I speak for myself and not Kop Faithful.

KF were set up to do one thing - get rid of Hicks and Gillett. We played a huge part in doing so. That's us done. If we need to get into our gear again, we'll get our Superman costume out. For now, we should be Clark Kent. It's time for us to be fans again. I am perfectly happy that we've done all we can. We can do nothing more now until we're needed.

We had one goal, we believe we achieved it, if that's your opinion fine your intiteled to it, but we achieved our objective obviously backed up by every fan that took time to send an email, hopefully we'll never be called on again.

Fan ownership is a dream a nice dream but our objective wasn't that, we had an objective it was gained, time to go back to been a fan and hope the bat phone never rings.

As Barry Wom said, and I speak for myself and not Kop Faithful.

KF were set up to do one thing - get rid of Hicks and Gillett. We played a huge part in doing so. That's us done. If we need to get into our gear again, we'll get our Superman costume out. For now, we should be Clark Kent. It's time for us to be fans again. I am perfectly happy that we've done all we can. We can do nothing more now until we're needed.

G&H may be gone, but there still is a massive long term clean up job ahead. We're all happy we have new owners, but it's too early to state whether the new owners are what's best for the club going forward. Ultimately, every club in the league is currently run by privateers. They have the capability to create or destroy the club on a whim, and if it's the latter, well we've seen with the last owners just how much damage they can do if left to their own devices. I accept that KF was set up for one issue which is fair enough, but the long term goal for LFC fans has to be fan ownership, to guarantee 100% that we don't get into the same shit again.

Fan ownership doesn't guarantee stability or success though. Would we have been better off with fan ownership in the 70's and 80's? Fans are amateurs and make emotional decisions, they and their representatives are subject to whims too. I'd prefer a benevolent dictatorship to set a logical and reasoned agenda.

Fan ownership doesn't guarantee stability or success though. Would we have been better off with fan ownership in the 70's and 80's? Fans are amateurs and make emotional decisions, they and their representatives are subject to whims too. I'd prefer a benevolent dictatorship to set a logical and reasoned agenda.

Other fan groups have a large membership. They're not full of binmen and postmen, some of them are highly qualified directors and managers in their chosen career. If they were elected to the board, they can put that experience to good use. They're not going to do a G&H, it's not merely a business, an investment, or "a franchise" to them, Liverpool FC is their life and livelihood. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and other leading clubs around the world are all run by a President and board, elected by their members, i.e. fans. It's a very successful model.

We on the other hand were sold to the highest dollar by privateers, then faced bankruptcy from other privateers, or "a benevolent dictatorship" as you put it. Fans that run clubs run themselves prudently, as they have no alternative. Stability is instant, the board run the club, the members support the team, and success eventually comes. That has to be the long term goal. Getting G&H out is the easy part, getting responsible and prudent owners here is the next challenge. To that extent, the jury is still out on NESV.