You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The definative Hodgson poll.

Bogman

Should Roy be replaced with immediate effect?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Should Roy be replaced with immediate effect?

• Yes
    • No

I did and I do not want Hodgson anywhere near our club, much for he same reasons I wanted rafa out.

The lack of ambition in our set up more than anything else, Hodgson is even worse than Rafa with his deep defending though at least we tried to press higher in the pitch with Rafa, but that does not make me act like a hysterical 13 year old girl.

We didn't defend deep under Rafa in general. You could aim that accusation at Houllier, but not him.

The flaws in his tactics almost solely came down to an inability to get us to play proper attacking football for much of his time here, while the defensive side of the game was mainly spot on.

We didn't defend deep under Rafa in general. You could aim that accusation at Houllier, but not him.

The flaws in his tactics almost solely came down to an inability to get us to play proper attacking football for much of his time here, while the defensive side of the game was mainly spot on.

Would agree with that. We didn't concede many at all. We usually just couldn;t kill teams off which was our downfall.

We're just crap at both ends under Hodgson and more concerned about keeping shape than knowing where the ball is.

Thats what I`m saying.

I posted this earlier, but can do it again.

What had Rafa done at this point of his first season?

In the league we had won 6 games, lost 5 and got 2 draws, we were 8th with 20 points.

Away from home we had 1 win, 2 draws and 4 losses.

In the CL we had won 2, lost 2 and drawn 1, before our last game we needed a two goal win to go through.

And this with a much better squad than the one Rafa left behind for Hodgson and not to talk about being able to play in the CL instead of the UEFA Cup for the same reasons, that he inherited a much better position than Hodgson.

Sorry but we didn't play so bad in every game and a new manager in this league, I'm not having that the squad was weaker now than it is then we have no champions league distractions and a well better squad a manager who should know this league, we certainly didn't get dominated week in week out and get like 30% possesion for each game, league form was iffy I'll give you that but still miles better than what we have had to endure. Last I looked we didn't lose Torres at the start of the season with no replacement either. For not being the biggest Rafa fan even you yourself must be aware we weren't anywhere near this bad and Roy already has been operating in this league he is serving up exactly what he has served up leaguewise with Blackburn and Fulham before if not worse but with a better squad at his disposal and he has a track record for it so even then I think there is a waifer thin defence for Roy who is the ice cream that is getting warmer and making the waifer even softer and dribbling over the fans hands while they rush to get it home and Purslow is smiling out of his iced cream van and waiving. Don't ask how Mr Whippy has a poo, just be glad he has sold his van is what they say though but one thing is for sure your waifer won't last forever and licking your hand of Purslow dribble won't stop that natural process if Roy waifer going soggy it is tempting for some to bite the bottom off and suck out the Purslow, some might say we have even passed that point now that Purslow has left. Somebody will need to get a bowl to collect it but put a towel under it if your planning to do that so your lap doesn't get cold. Until then Rafa will always be that fab ice wrapper flapping in the wind, people want to point to the sweet red syrupy stuff inside that wrapper that is left after he was discarded to the HJC but in the end you have to concentrate on the joy that each bite brung before it all melted and accept that if we didn't keep it in the freezer then it was always bound to melt sooner or later.

It may be hard to digest but thats what happens when David Moores looks like an ice cream man.

In the league we had won 6 games, lost 5 and got 2 draws, we were 8th with 20 points.

In the CL we had won 2, lost 2 and drawn 1, before our last game we needed a two goal win to go through.

With all due respect Code, that particular comparison is fucking nonsense and you know it.

Rafa was always going to be given time because his Valencia team had hammered us at Anfield. It was as humiliating a defeat as I can remember. Everyone leaving that night knew full well what we'd just seen and it was all everyone was talking about.

That was why virtually everyone was so pleased when we eventually got him.

Hodgson simply doesn't have that cache of goodwill, and more importantly, has done nothing in his career to deserve it anyway, so to compare their respective records at this stage is pointless and it proves nothing so why bring it up?

And this with a much better squad than the one Rafa left behind for Hodgson and not to talk about being able to play in the CL instead of the UEFA Cup for the same reasons, that he inherited a much better position than Hodgson.

Who cares? Even if all that was true, we had good reason to have faith in Benitez, unfortunately we dont with Roy.

Wind it in Code. The question as to whether Rafa had a similar poll or similar feelings towards him in his first season is a ridiculous one. We all made Rafa welcome, at least in part because of his record with Valencia and he was always going to get time and our support. He also knew how to handle the media from an early stage and didn't go out of his way to piss players and fans off like Hodgson seems to be set on doing. Maybe it's time to stop trying to score points with the Rafa posts, stop living in the past and keep the conversation current eh? I know it's hard but do us all a favour and move on lad.

With all due respect Code, that particular comparison is fucking nonsense and you know it.

Rafa was always going to be given time because his Valencia team had hammered us at Anfield. It was as humiliating a defeat as I can remember.

and possibly just, you know, winning the league twice with Valencia too.

and not having been in management for 30-odd years without much to write home about.

Other than that, this is truly well worth thinking about. Cheers, code.

I was one of the most vocal against him before we appointed Hodgson, but when we first appointed him it would be nice to see him being given some time at the club before 95% of the fan base starts acting like little girls, especially considering how much time much of the same 95% were willing to give the man who left us in this mess with an less than average squad and no CL football to help lift the spirit and attract players.

But each to their own, I want Hodgson gone as soon as possible, but I also acknowledge the conditions he found this club in when he arrived together with the fact we have new owners and that they should be given time to make their own decisions.

hes needs to go asap

4th place will then still be a possiblity and if we dont make it it can be something to build on for next year rather than just another wasted season

We don't have a squad good enough for 4th. Only over achieving on the season as a whole would make 4th possible, and that's close to being too late already. The main reason we need a new manager is to start building the team, which means start improving the team we have and create some belief among those players, players we want in, and everyone else involved with the club. Lifting the team to a decent position this season will be important but still only a secondary focus.

I was one of the most vocal against him before we appointed Hodgson, but when we first appointed him it would be nice to see him being given some time at the club before 95% of the fan base starts acting like little girls, especially considering how much time much of the same 95% were willing to give the man who left us in this mess with an less than average squad and no CL football to help lift the spirit and attract players.

But each to their own, I want Hodgson gone as soon as possible, but I also acknowledge the conditions he found this club in when he arrived together with the fact we have new owners and that they should be given time to make their own decisions.

"Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa. 95% of Liverpool's fan base are acting like little girls."

Just post this in future Code, it'll save your keyboard and it's all you've really got to say. I'm not sure what your point is but I don't really care. I just find your "acting like little girls" snipe more than a little irritating.

"Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa. 95% of Liverpool's fan base are acting like little girls."

Just post this in future Code, it'll save your keyboard and it's all you've really got to say. I'm not sure what your point is but I don't really care. I just find your "acting like little girls" snipe more than a little irritating.

I would have thought my point was pretty obvious.

Those who are most vocal against Hodgson now that he is appointed are the ones who was most vocal in their support for Rafa and wanted to give him more time.

Showing complete lack of understanding and perspective on both occasions, but it does not really surprise me at all.

The hypocrisy is pretty amusing though.

I see what you're saying to an extent but sadly he doesn't have the confidence of the fans from the start, people give him a chance from the start according to his own criteria of 10 games from greatness but he has ruined that for himself by being rather crap. Since then we have really gone downhill, the fans little faith has long since diminished and his record suggests he won't turn that round with all the good will in the world which he doesn't have now so it will only get worse, you need a really thick skinned character to get through that sort of intense constant criticism and he just doesn't have that sort of skin, even the mildest critic brings him out in a rash, he needs some of that P-45 cream.

The fans may be part of the problem but when it's the majority it is up to him to earn his pay and prove them wrong, he hasn't and he won't.

We are 3 points off relegation, Rafa left us in 7th (not good enough) there is only one man to blame for the disaster that has been this season.

We don't have a squad good enough for 4th. Only over achieving on the season as a whole would make 4th possible, and that's close to being too late already. The main reason we need a new manager is to start building the team, which means start improving the team we have and create some belief among those players, players we want in, and everyone else involved with the club. Lifting the team to a decent position this season will be important but still only a secondary focus.

Don't be silly kid. Hows he going to improve belief by continuing to slag them all off?

Those who are most vocal against Hodgson now that he is appointed are the ones who was most vocal in thei support for Rafa and wanted to give him more time.

Showing complete lack of understanding and perspective on both occasions, but it does not really surprise me at all.

Theres an element of that with some people Code but don't let it fool you into believing the only reason Hodgson is getting stick is because of people pining for Rafa.

I'm pretty sure you don't believe that anyway because you've criticised Hodgson on enough occasions yourself.

Its too simplistic to lump everyone in one bracket. There are alot of people with very differing views. I wanted Rafa gone, I also want Roy gone, never wanted Roy in the first place.

Theres an element of that with some people Code but don't let it fool you into believing the only reason Hodgson is getting stick is because of people pining for Rafa.

I'm pretty sure you don't believe that anyway because you've criticised Hodgson on enough occasions yourself.

Its too simplistic to lump everyone in one bracket. There are alot of people with very differing views. I wanted Rafa gone, I also want Roy gone, never wanted Roy in the first place.

Exactly we have about 5% support Roy right now when he had at least 50% at the start of the season, it's nowt to do with Rafa and most fans are against Roy regardless of their position on Rafa, the idea doesn't bare scrutiny.

Exactly we have about 5% support Roy right now when he had at least 50% at the start of the season, it's nowt to do with Rafa and most fans are against Roy regardless of their position on Rafa, the idea doesn't bare scrutiny.

Yeah the only thing the fanbase has been united on has been the opinion that Hodgsons doing a bad job.

I see what you're saying to an extent but sadly he doesn't have the confidence of the fans from the start, people give him a chance from the start according to his own criteria of 10 games from greatness but he has ruined that for himself by being rather crap. Since then we have really gone downhill, the fans little faith has long since diminished and his record suggests he won't turn that round with all the good will in the world which he doesn't have now so it will only get worse, you need a really thick skinned character to get through that sort of intense constant criticism and he just doesn't have that sort of skin, even the mildest critic brings him out in a rash, he needs some of that P-45 cream.

The fans may be part of the problem but when it's the majority it is up to him to earn his pay and prove them wrong, he hasn't and he won't.

I agree with everything you say.

The problem I have is more with the people who usually comes out with phrases like he is our manager and because of that we should give him time, fair play to those who sticks to it no matte what.

For some reason this rule does not apply for Hodgson though.

The fickleness is another thing I dont get.

What if we had this "definative Hodgson poll" after the Chelsea game, how would it look like then?

Hodgson has been the same for the last 15 years since I started noticing his teams and what we see is what we will get, we have had two away games on the bounce now, an area Hodgson really does not seem to get to terms with, but that should not surprise anyone.

But if we look back to before his appointment, how many wanted Hodgson in then, it was a fair share was it not, but still after he has delivered what he always have delievered 95% wants him out?

Its lack of perspective for me.

Those who are most vocal against Hodgson now that he is appointed are the ones who was most vocal in their support for Rafa and wanted to give him more time.

The hypocrisy is pretty amusing though.

And what's the source of this key finding? What surveys or statistical analysis have you carried out to come up with that gem of information? Or maybe it's a sweeping generalism which you're using in one of your repetitive attempts to somehow score points by constantly bringing Benitez into every debate on these boards.