You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The author of the opeing post obviously had (some) good intentions. The end result was still pretty poor.

The same can be said of the Hodgson appointment. It's pretty obvious Carra agreed with it. And as a senior player I'm pretty sure he had some input on the matter. Still doesn't make him guilty of anything more than being a poor judge of managerial abilities.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the thing though. It's been going on for years. Like Carradona said, be it what he said about song in his autobiography, be it kicking off on a team mate for making a mistake.

It's always something with Carra that seems to infuriate some fans, and I include the scouse thing because I sometimes feel thats what it is, wether it's because he's adored by locals grates on others I have no idea. Maybe they have a chip on their shoulder.

People are very keen without proof to bundle him in with Purslow in regards to sacking and Rafa and getting roy. Why?

I think it is common knowledge Carra wanted Rafa out. But if 1 player wanted the manager out, would they actually do it, of course not, same goes for appointing a manager. Which we have no idea if Carragher wanted Roy or not.

I'm very disappointed to see fellow reds peddling the line of Carra having influence, which is bull crap. Carragher as a player isn't as much of an asset as Torres and Gerrard. So to suggest his word would overrule that of others is bull crap.

Why people are so keen to involve Carra in some massive conspiracy is beyond me? I've seen several people alude to a grand 'Get an English Fella in' conspiracy, and back him all the way or some crap.

Carragher will be hurting more than us lot over the current situation at the club, the man had put blood, sweat and tears into this club, and that was just what happened to his opponents.

I'm livid. He's not beyond question as a player, but he's certainly beyond question as far as his interests go. Because quite frankly, he's a dying breed, and when he's gone you'll loose what makes this club great.

Maybe they are not the ones with a chip on their shoulder?

You state it is common knowledge Carra wanted Rafa out, where is your proof?

You say it is bull crap about Carras' influence, yet in your opening post you state he can never have to much power at this club. Which is it?

I can assure you Carra is not hurting more than me.

This is the thing though. It's been going on for years. Like Carradona said, be it what he said about song in his autobiography, be it kicking off on a team mate for making a mistake.

It's always something with Carra that seems to infuriate some fans, and I include the scouse thing because I sometimes feel thats what it is, wether it's because he's adored by locals grates on others I have no idea. Maybe they have a chip on their shoulder.

People are very keen without proof to bundle him in with Purslow in regards to sacking and Rafa and getting roy. Why?

I think it is common knowledge Carra wanted Rafa out. But if 1 player wanted the manager out, would they actually do it, of course not, same goes for appointing a manager. Which we have no idea if Carragher wanted Roy or not.

I'm very disappointed to see fellow reds peddling the line of Carra having influence, which is bull crap. Carragher as a player isn't as much of an asset as Torres and Gerrard. So to suggest his word would overrule that of others is bull crap.

Why people are so keen to involve Carra in some massive conspiracy is beyond me? I've seen several people alude to a grand 'Get an English Fella in' conspiracy, and back him all the way or some crap.

Carragher will be hurting more than us lot over the current situation at the club, the man had put blood, sweat and tears into this club, and that was just what happened to his opponents.

I'm livid. He's not beyond question as a player, but he's certainly beyond question as far as his interests go. Because quite frankly, he's a dying breed, and when he's gone you'll loose what makes this club great.

Ant, I would agree with your general points except about the Anti-Scouse stuff and just these 2 things. In your opening post, you said he can never have enough power or something to that extent. Apologies if im quoting you wrong. Secondly, you've just said his interests are beyond question.

Now I've said in a post on page 4 there is no grand conspiracy going on that saw Jamie oust Rafa. But personally I think the approach to take of never questioning somebody because hes your hero is madness.

I'm not even taking about Jamie if hes done anything or not. Just in general man. Life isn't always just like that. People will do things to suit their own interests. Its human nature.

This is the most embarrassing "liverpool" site there is with a bunch of so called "supporters" who have about as much of a understanding of liverpool as Hodgson does.

Live in your ivory tower and call other fans deluded and ignore the basic truth that your beloved carra has got his way and that is why the team is SHIT. I pray one day soon Hodgson is gone and with him the influence of a typical shit overhyped english player that can't let go off something that is bigger and beyond him.

Carrageher knows as much about the liverpool way as the tossers jumping to his defence on this site called "the liverpool way" what a fucking joke.

P.S. It is funny how you have a go at RAWK but that site is 2030404 times superior to this site and most of you that post on here are rejects from there who wern't given the time of there and got banned and deservedly fucking so.

Well "I" think "you" might "be" wrong "but" then "again" who "am" I "to" complain.

RAWK "is" pretty "pathetic" on "occasion" in "how" it "acts" though. "Not" to "say" there "isn't" alot "of" good "reds" on "there" though.

I would say if people want evidence -

Carragher got a 2 year contract hours before the club was sold

Carragher publicly complained about playing right-back under Benitez but does it without utterance under Hodgson.

He has been a great player for us, that is all. Sadly, only our 4th best centre half now and not as good at right-back as Kelly.

He WILL be watching Everton when he retires, not Liverpool. He would be playing for Tranmere now if he wasn't local and if Rafa had stayed. He is undroppable under Hodgson.

True story.

The author of the opeing post obviously had (some) good intentions. The end result was still pretty poor.

The same can be said of the Hodgson appointment. It's pretty obvious Carra agreed with it. And as a senior player I'm pretty sure he had some input on the matter. Still doesn't make him guilty of anything more than being a poor judge of managerial abilities.

It's also pretty obvious that Torres and Reina agreed with it if we're going by the same criteria.

I've no knowledge of what Carra wanted. But had he came out kicking off left right and centre about the appointment it wouldn't be in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club.

I want Roy gone, I want to make that abundantly clear. However I have no idea why people are so eager to bunch Carra in with a massive conspriacy involving Purslow, Rafa and Roy. Answers on a postcard.

Carragher publicly complained about playing right-back under Benitez but does it without utterance under Hodgson.

He has been a great player for us, that is all. Sadly, only our 4th best centre half now and not as good at right-back as Kelly.

He WILL be watching Everton when he retires, not Liverpool. He would be playing for Tranmere now if he wasn't local and if Rafa had stayed. He is undroppable under Hodgson.

True story.

You're an idiot.

The End.

There is no evidence and when the rumours about Rafa rubbing his fingers together last season came out, people dismissed it as gobshite gossip speculation. And that is what I label all this as. Gobshite gossip speculation.

erm, agree in principal about the gossip but the one you've highlighted there was treated as gospel by plenty of morons on here

Like I said, I've no problem with people questioning him, but you just need to read this thread to see that people are criticising Carra for stuff that there's no evidence of. That's probably what riles people - including me - the most. Carra probably did want Rafa gone, but I very much doubt he was alone in that regard, or that he was strongly involved in getting Rafa the sack, which is what people seem to be claiming. I'm sure Carra filled out Rafa's P45 for him, helped cleared the stuff out of his office and booked Rafa's plane tickets to Milan (economy class, though).

I don't dispute that as a senior player and vice captain of the club, Carra does have some sort of influence behind the scenes, but people are confusing influence with power. He's training to become a coach, so he's no doubt always speaking to the staff at both Melwood and the Academy, which would probably be misinterpreted by some as he's plotting treason that makes Guy Fawkes' gunpowder plot pale in comparison.

No-one is claiming that Carra was wholly responsible for Rafa's removal are they? Presumably in the removal of a football club manager at any club (bar any kind of extreme circumstances) there is a fair amount of consultation done at many levels including the staff and the players. As someone who has been at Liverpool for an extremely long time, Carragher (and Gerrard) would hold considerable sway.

A player can't get a manager sacked. Or shouldn't be able to, but that's not to say that they couldn't stir shit up if they wanted to.

I'm not saying that Carra did. It is wholly possible that he could have though.

True story.

First off, I'm pretty sure John Henry came out and said that he gave Carra the contract.

Fair enough regarding the RB situation, although Carra only did it once against Boro, and we don't know what's been said between them. Doubt Carra's happy about it.

The rest of your post - as fucking ridiculous as it may be - is just your opinion, so there's still no evidence.

No-one is claiming that Carra was wholly responsible for Rafa's removal are they? Presumably in the removal of a football club manager at any club (bar any kind of extreme circumstances) there is a fair amount of consultation done at many levels including the staff and the players. As someone who has been at Liverpool for an extremely long time, Carragher (and Gerrard) would hold considerable sway.

A player can't get a manager sacked. Or shouldn't be able to, but that's not to say that they couldn't stir shit up if they wanted to.

Anything is 'wholly' possible though. It's wether you have any proof to back it up though.

It's also pretty obvious that Torres and Reina agreed with it if we're going by the same criteria.

I've no knowledge of what Carra wanted. But had he came out kicking off left right and centre about the appointment it wouldn't be in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club.

I want Roy gone, I want to make that abundantly clear. However I have no idea why people are so eager to bunch Carra in with a massive conspriacy involving Purslow, Rafa and Roy. Answers on a postcard.

Bollocks. Torres and Reina have both spoken out since Roy took over saying that the team isn't good enough. Pepe was quoted in the papers only last week talking about wanting to be sure that the team was going to be moving in the right direction, with the inference that he didn't think that it was at the moment. Glen Johnson went in with all guns blazing the other day.

I accept that. I just want to know why Carragher's the one publically backing Hodgson all the time. "It's up to us to impress the manager not the other way round"; the exclusive with Bascombe with the premise of "Hodgson needs time"; and the "Houllier and Rafa struggled in their first season as well" interview. That's at least three seperate occasions he's lept to the defence of Hodgson in the space of a month or two.

Of course, he didn't defend Rafa on a single occasion last season. Point being, no-one can say "well it's his job to defend the manager", because last season he refused to do it.

Why can't he see what the fans, and presumably a fair few of the players can? Hodgson is not the right man for Liverpool Football Club. End of. I don't care if he's English; I don't care if he won't upset Steve Bruce or Martin O'Neill; I don't care if he's part of Ferguson's LMA clique; and I don't care if the media love him. He just isn't good enough for our club.

Like disliking Carragher is because you don't like Scousers?

That type of tangible evidence?

I didn't say thats what it is, I said thats what it felt like.

I mean if you can find a better way to describe the seeming never ending poorly fuled vendetta against one of the greatest servants this club has known they go right ahead.

I'm not claiming that either, but some people are saying that Carra was instrumental in getting rid of Rafa, when - as was the whole point of me complaining - there's no proof whatsoever in it. If there was credible evidence, then I doubt I'd be defending Carra so vehemently, but after three years of lies, propaganda and shit-stirring, it's disappointing to see it still going on now the main threat to the future of out club has been resolved, especially when it's constantly aimed at one of the few people who've gave their all for this club and this city.

I mean if you can find a better way to describe the seeming never ending poorly fuled vendetta against one of the greatest servants this club has known they go right ahead.

And is this never ending vendetta all coming from OOTs?

A better reason? A better reason than the idea that the supporters of Liverpool football club dislike the native people of Liverpool? Jesus Christ. How could find a fucking worse one?

The worst, most speculative hyperbole surrounding Carragher and Rafa, Carragher and Bascombe etc. carries more weight than your hypothesis.

Guest TesticleOReilly

So it's reasoned balanced debate with absolutely no personal bias or favouritism, then?

Guest TesticleOReilly
Is there an image of the tits in question?

Yeah, at the match, wearing a steward's jacket, bitching about the out of towners slagging Carragher off.

I can actually.

You see people are generally impatient dullards, who have neither the wit, nor the intelligence to offer constructive criticism without resorting to insults. Something I witnessed on a weekly basis the last couple of years.

You see the argument that you, and the rest of St Trinians are putting forward is that this is not essentially 'not becoming of a Liverpool fan' but not not something that Jamie Carragher personally should be dealing with because of his status, which is quite frankly, a pile of bollocks.

You either respect the players or you don't! You don't cherry pick your morals in accordance to particular players. And this isn't a defence of the Welsh Judas either, since he is no longer our player.

John Barnes was criticised heavily (faced similar accusations of benign influence towards the end of his career), Thompson was criticised personally as he sat on the bench with Ged, Roy Evans faced personal criticism as well!

The major problem with your argument, from my point of view, is that it is the player who is being targeted, rather than the method used that I think you have a problem with?

I have witnessed Torres being called a 'Lazy spanish cunt' at Bolton this year!