You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That these things are compromises. If people want to imply Rafa didn't take his full entitlement because he's that caring and so red, let them. He knew Mourinho was leaving an excellent job - though it sounds nothing like currently - at Inter and that he would blow that chance if he stayed to haggle with Liverpool.

Always the chance that compensation wasn't such an open and shut case so if the club says "you're sacked, see you in court" like any legal action you're entering a whole new world of random. Hicks and Gillett were deep in debt, what more would a few million matter?

For all the guarantees we had in October that the vermin hadn't a legal leg to stand on, who amongst us wasn't shitting bricks they'd find a loophole somewhere?

Rafa clearly thought 'money in the bank, top job to come' so haggling for his complete entitlement might have seemed risky.

All conjecture of course

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see that people are starting to get bundled into "Pro Carragher" and "Anti Carragher" groupings. Why does it always have to go like that on this site? It's ridiculous. Can't people love Carra while at the same time acknowledging his faults without being labelled as "disrespectful" or "ungrateful"?

I think that's because there's a section of fans who seems to think that all "home-grown" players should be immune to criticism. If you hear a lot of those fans closely, you can't help noticing how they're applying one set of standards to the home grown players (especially how the younger players deserve a chance blah blah blah) and another to those johnny foreigners. And before anyone starts to bombard me with hate mails saying how the club should retain a local identity etc., I'd like to remind them that our 86 double winning team did not have one single englishman in it. That was a great team (and one of my favourites) and that's the LFC I love.

That's one of the fucking stupidest things I've ever read on this Forum.

Even by your own hilariously low standards.

*mong clap*

From the man who dedicates most of his posts to whinging about Lucas, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

If there's no short ball on, launch it.

Then you ask the question: "Why is there no short balls on?"

I'd love to know what you think when you're watching a game of football.

In fact, no. Don't tell me.

Fucking hell - it's not just when there's no short ball on though, is it? Last season he regularly hit it long rather than playing it to Masch/Lucas. And presuming the long ball was absolutely inevitable, why is it so often Carragher that's guilty of it and not the other centre-back in the partnership? Do Skrtel/Agger/Kyrg have the same reputation for playing long balls? No.

You don't see him screaming at the midfielders to get in some space to receive a pass, you just see him whacking it up for Torres to chase or try to get the knockdown. He hits so many long balls it makes my eyes bleed, and they're not all hit under-pressure, so don't give me this 'he doesn't have a choice' shit. No doubt it's partly poor tactics from the manager, but it isn't all. Unless you think Benitez set us up to play the long ball last year.

It's a bad tactic, yet he does it repetitively. You'll forgive me for thinking that that isn't a positive indicator of tactical brilliance.

That these things are compromises. If people want to imply Rafa didn't take his full entitlement because he's that caring and so red, let them. He knew Mourinho was leaving an excellent job - though it sounds nothing like currently - at Inter and that he would blow that chance if he stayed to haggle with Liverpool.

Always the chance that compensation wasn't such an open and shut case so if the club says "you're sacked, see you in court" like any legal action you're entering a whole new world of random. Hicks and Gillett were deep in debt, what more would a few million matter?

For all the guarantees we had in October that the vermin hadn't a legal leg to stand on, who amongst us wasn't shitting bricks they'd find a loophole somewhere?

Rafa clearly thought 'money in the bank, top job to come' so haggling for his complete entitlement might have seemed risky.

All conjecture of course

Well, the compensation was always going to be affected by him taking another job, and there was no way he was going to sit out any length of time so those folks may just be wrong.

To get the real "compromise" in focus, remember we had to pay 2m to get Hodgson.

"From the man who dedicates most of his posts to whinging about Lucas, I'll take that with a pinch of salt".

You defend Lucas, one of the worst midfielders to ever play for Liverpool in modern times, and also attack the potential managerial capabilities of one of the best defenders to play for us in modern times.

So pardon me for using anything as old-fashioned as empirical evidence in order to qualify the following opinion, but you would appear to be a fucking clueless cunt.

Well, the compensation was always going to be affected by him taking another job, and there was no way he was going to sit out any length of time so those folks may just be wrong.

To get the real "compromise" in focus, remember we had to pay 2m to get Hodgson.

And Inter gave Rafa two years.

Too much perspective!

"From the man who dedicates most of his posts to whinging about Lucas, I'll take that with a pinch of salt".

You defend Lucas, one of the worst midfielders to ever play for Liverpool in modern times, and also attack the potential managerial capabilities of one of the best defenders to play for us in modern times.

So pardon me for using anything as old-fashioned as empirical evidence in order to qualify the following opinion, but you would appear to be a fucking clueless cunt.

I defend Lucas because he has a good attitude and because I support the club and don't like to see our players get called cunts or whatever.

I didn't attack Carragher's managerial capabilities and if you read my previous posts you'll see I said I thought he was one of the best defenders in the country a couple of season ago. But do great players necessarily make great managers? And isn't a massive part of being a manager tactics? And isn't Carragher often criticized for employing a tactic that most of us feel to be negative? That's my point of debate.

Of course that will be wasted on you because your idea of contribution is 'xxx is fucking shit, fuck him off'; 'you're a clueless cunt'. I can't be arsed to check how many posts you've made now that I'm writing this but I think it's in the thousands, and I can guarantee a vast majority of them will be a complete waste of space. You could have written one when you joined that just said: 'assume that anything I offer in the future will probably be vitriolic, insulting, offer no argument or substance whatsoever. I don't like Lucas. I am a massive bell-end'. You would have achieved the same ends and saved yourself a lot of time.

Hope this helps with your future endeavours.

So we have pro and anti Rafa, Carragher and Bascombe camps, with opposing camps as to why Alonso left. I love TLW

Not exactly. We have Bascombe and Usher both peddling Carragher's bile against Rafa and other players anonymously, supported by a small group of "trusted" mates - a little like Koptalk in the old days.

The only way that Alonso comes into the equation is that Carrgher is the only LFC player to state publicly that Alonso's departure was not that significant - he was just one of many who comes and goes - thereby implying that Carragher is a fixture. Also Carragher is the only LFC player to openly fight with Alonso on the pitch.

As for the future - if NESV truly are professional and dependent on knowlegable advisors there is no way Carragher will get a coaching or managerial job at Anfield. If he goes into coaching at all it will be in a lower league and he may work himself up to Everton which will make his fat Evertonian father very happy.

I defend Lucas because he has a good attitude and because I support the club and don't like to see our players get called cunts or whatever.

I didn't attack Carragher's managerial capabilities and if you read my previous posts you'll see I said I thought he was one of the best defenders in the country a couple of season ago. But do great players necessarily make great managers? And isn't a massive part of being a manager tactics? And isn't Carragher often criticized for employing a tactic that most of us feel to be negative? That's my point of debate.

Of course that will be wasted on you because your idea of contribution is 'xxx is fucking shit, fuck him off'; 'you're a clueless cunt'. I can't be arsed to check how many posts you've made now that I'm writing this but I think it's in the thousands, and I can guarantee a vast majority of them will be a complete waste of space. You could have written one when you joined that just said: 'assume that anything I offer in the future will probably be vitriolic, insulting, offer no argument or substance whatsoever. I don't like Lucas. I am a massive bell-end'. You would have achieved the same ends and saved yourself a lot of time.

Hope this helps with your future endeavours.

I wouldn't both your head with Brendan-Silverlining. For him Liverpool is Gerrard, Carragher, Owen - his three pin-up posters when he used to be a season ticket holder (allegedly) in his pre-Koptalk days.

Its interesting he uses "retard" so often in his discourses. His knowledge of football and the club seems not to be able to advance from those early hot teenage crushes.

Whereas you're a cunt but at least you've got a clue. Is this how it works?

Paisley was a pretty basic wing half, Shankly also but he had a physical presence and that did manifest itself later on.

As you imply Paul, they sometimes seem to show more respect for the playing qualities they never possessed themselves.

Is Carra doing his coaching badges at the moment? If that's what he wants to do (coaching/management) after he finishes playing, we should definitely give him the opportunity to work with the coaches we have and gain experience. If after that he shows himself to be good enough, there should be a way for him to get onto the coaching staff. It's silly to say he 'should' be manager or coach one day, but if he's interested in that side of things he should definitely be givent he chance to gain experience with us and then take it from there.

Guest davelfc
Is Carra doing his coaching badges at the moment? If that's what he wants to do (coaching/management) after he finishes playing, we should definitely give him the opportunity to work with the coaches we have and gain experience. If after that he shows himself to be good enough, there should be a way for him to get onto the coaching staff. It's silly to say he 'should' be manager or coach one day, but if he's interested in that side of things he should definitely be givent he chance to gain experience with us and then take it from there.

Carragher is keen to take up a coaching role when his playing days are over but does not feel his temperament is suited to youth development work.

'I've passed the UEFA B coaching badge and I'm considering the A badge at Lilleshall this summer,' he added.

'I still haven't made my mind up what I'm going to do when I'm finished, but I'm doing this so I'm prepared and to see if I enjoy it.

'If I did go into coaching, it would have to be at a senior level. I'm passionate about football and all I've ever wanted to do is win.

'I'm not really the kind of person to have the patience to improve the kids at the Academy.'

Jamie Carragher will make a decision on his future next season - but he'll only play for Liverpool | Mail Online

I think it doesnt matter who the player is, what style he has etc...

If the player does his coaching badges, takes his time and learns through being a coach and works damn hard. That player can be a great manager.

Some players jump straight into being a Manager and it works out alright for them, it doesnt for others. But I think the best way to do things is take your time, work hard and learn all you can until your ready.

I can definently see Carra being a coach with us. Hope he takes a few years being a coach, move onto Assistant Manager and then if hes ready and he wants it he could be our manager in 7 or 8 years.

There's no certainty to any of it.

If we'd have been asked in 84 who should be Joe's successor Souness would have won hands down.

And turned out to be the worst.

Well, second worst...

Carragher is keen to take up a coaching role when his playing days are over but does not feel his temperament is suited to youth development work.

'I've passed the UEFA B coaching badge and I'm considering the A badge at Lilleshall this summer,' he added.

'I still haven't made my mind up what I'm going to do when I'm finished, but I'm doing this so I'm prepared and to see if I enjoy it.

'If I did go into coaching, it would have to be at a senior level. I'm passionate about football and all I've ever wanted to do is win.

'I'm not really the kind of person to have the patience to improve the kids at the Academy.'

Jamie Carragher will make a decision on his future next season - but he'll only play for Liverpool | Mail Online

That really narrows down his opportunities.

Especially as he has said he won't move away from the area to manage a club.

If he ever becomes manager of liverpool football club then we will go back 20 years and even the souness era will seem like happy days. He has a deluded opinion of himself as being sort of "great footballing talent" who is a student of the game which equals booting the ball whenever he gets it, holding the goalkeepers hand when defending and blaming others for his mistakes.

He is a selfish egotistical prick who is only at this club and not lingering in a team like Northampton because our last manager took him from being an average fullback going no where to giving him his best days of his career and protecting him by having two holding midfielders in front of him, the way he was continually exposed by the likes of Henry and west ham kid was embarrassing. Like I said before typical over hyped shitty english player who made the most of his limited talent who now thiks he is some sort of football expert and wants to inflict his shitty ideology on liverpool, god help us all if ever that happened.