You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson: Johnson has not performed

Original202

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before Hodgson criticises anyone he should look at himself, think it would be fair to say Glen ain't the best defender in the world and his other antics obviously don't help, but when you sign a left back who get's his arse handed to him on a plate every match it make's grim reading airing your gripe about the right back publicly.

This would fit in perfect as the end of this thread, the ups and downs of G.Johnson

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/61175-glen-johnson.html

From that very thread:

Glenn Johnson is shit and steals toilet seats.

If Johnson is worth £15m then Arbeloa is worth £30m. Arbeloa might not be the greatest going forward but he can defend, unlike our friend Mr Johnson.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I think Johnson is a disaster waiting to happen.In home games against Stoke etc it won't be an issue, but it will be against teams with a good left sided player.

Toilet seat thief and fucking shite.

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin.jpg

WHAT?

I suppose it depends what you want to do with the team. In an attacking line up which pushes the play up the pitch and puts the opposition on the back foot, then Johnson will fit in. If you want to sit deep and defend space then he won't, and you may as well sell him.

I suppose it depends what you want to do with the team. In an attacking line up which pushes the play up the pitch and puts the opposition on the back foot, then Johnson will fit in. If you want to sit deep and defend space then he won't, and you may as well sell him.

I think we'll still get a decent price for him if we got rid.

Nowhere near what we paid for him. But still a good offer.

What a surprise, another player hung out to dry publically from the amazing man manager. Get rid of two cancers and another one appears, sickening.

You seriously need to sort your head out.

He telling a player to get his head together because to be fair, he's been shite.

18 Million pound shite. That's how shit he's been.

I think we'll still get a decent price for him if we got rid.

Nowhere near what we paid for him. But still a good offer.

Hope you are right Mick. He is probably on best part of 80k-90k a week, none of the others in the ''top 4'' will want him and neither would City I would suspect. I could only see someone like Spurs or Villa buying him. If and when he leaves it will be yet another one of those transfers that we take a massive loss on and have to cover some of his wages to the buying club for a while most probably.

What a surprise, another player hung out to dry publically from the amazing man manager. Get rid of two cancers and another one appears, sickening.

I think that's unfair. If Hodgson is planning on keeping Johnson around then I don't think he's said anything that people haven't been thinking, as Johnson needs a kick up the backside. If, however, he's planning on selling him then it might have been ill-advised to say this.

Agreed, if we want to be a piss poor midtable team playing with a flat back 4 with no creativity or width, sell Johnson.

If we want to be a modern, fluid, attacking team then we keep him and buy the necessary players to help him fit in.

I think he's a class player if allowed to play to his strengths.

He can defend but he's brilliant going forward so no point in making him sit there in a flat back 4. Not sure our centre backs are quick enough to cover when he goes forward.

I think he'd be a good right winger.

But with the attitude and form he's been dishing up I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of trying to accomodate him.

He telling a player to get his head together because to be fair, he's been shite.

Yeah, he certainly is. Through the fucking media. He's a cunt, a stain on this great club and he can do so much damage the thought of it is frightening. If he's got such a problem with Johnson he should do it face to face, if he's already done that then theres no need to go to the media. Cant believe people are defending this.

It's a fairly simple principle of being a good manager, you don't criticise your players in public. Hodgson is a shithouse manager trying to punch five levels above his weight and should keep his owl-faced gob shut. He can stick his 35 years of management experience up his arse and swivel on his Danish and Swedish league titles, preferably at foreign club out of my fucking sight.

That old baconfaced drunkard cunt down the road would never criticise a player in the media and maybe that's why he's ten times the manager Hodgson will ever be, much as it pains me to compliment that deluded old whisky-nosed twat at the Theatre of Dreams.

Slur Alex had Rooney directly slagging his club off and he didn't criticise him, just sends him away with a fake injury until he can be sold and deflects the press attention away from the squad.

Mourinho takes the limelight to alleviate pressure off his squad. Benitez also did it to some degree. What does Hodgson do? Puts all the pressure on a player struggling for form yet publicly hopes a waste of space signing of his own, Poulsen, comes good.

Hodgson appears to think this is a motivational tactic but it's just another example of alienating one of our players and lowering any possible transfer fee.

What an absolute fuckwit Hodgson is. Roy, do the right thing and fuck off. I don't care if you win every remaining game this season, just fuck off afterwards and let a proper manager take the reigns you fucking Sunday league amateur.

I've had a drink or two, I admit. That is all.

The press give him loads of grief anyway.

So it won't really be a surprise.

The press give Hodgson loads of grief? I've seen a couple of Liverpool supporting journalists question him and that's it.

On the whole, the national media are giving him fuck all grief. He deserves a lot more.

The press give Hodgson loads of grief? I've seen a couple of Liverpool supporting journalists question him and that's it.

On the whole, the national media are giving him fuck all grief. He deserves a lot more.

I could have swore the media where saying he was getting sacked a couple of weeks back.