You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra and Roy the media darlings?

LFC 6 Times

First off I want to say that Carra has been a fantastic Player and servant to Lfc . But the man can do no wrong at the moment, Ive yet to hear someone talk about his constant hoofing which really is a barrier we must deal with if we want to get back to playing at least decent football. Carra is still regarded as one of the best centre backs in the world by the English media, it drives me mad, in reality he's probably the 4th best here. Before everyone tells me how good he was against Chelsea, well these are the games Taylormade for Carra a deep defensive line, last ditch defence and hoofing is accepted. We complain about the joking that goes on about "Schloesey still hasn't learned to tackle" well Carras bollicking and pushing of players is just considered: " old passionate brave Carra" it's become a disgrace and I would suggest it's one of the main reasons the low morale in the squad.

Hodgson now is considered a great manager, with his Lma manager title and all that European cultured pedigree and sure look what he did with little old Fulham, isn't ge great. It's a joke the bias this man is granted and the man who won us a champions league, an Fa cup, Fernando Torres our highest ever perm points tally is vilified to the extent that he is blamed for this seasons form. Do one you cunts

First off I want to say that Carra has been a fantastic Player and servant to Lfc . But the man can do no wrong at the moment, Ive yet to hear someone talk about his constant hoofing which really is a barrier we must deal with if we want to get back to playing at least decent football. Carra is still regarded as one of the best centre backs in the world by the English media, it drives me mad, in reality he's probably the 4th best here. Before everyone tells me how good he was against Chelsea, well these are the games Taylormade for Carra a deep defensive line, last ditch defence and hoofing is accepted. We complain about the joking that goes on about "Schloesey still hasn't learned to tackle" well Carras bollicking and pushing of players is just considered: " old passionate brave Carra" it's become a disgrace and I would suggest it's one of the main reasons the low morale in the squad.

Hodgson now is considered a great manager, with his Lma manager title and all that European cultured pedigree and sure look what he did with little old Fulham, isn't ge great. It's a joke the bias this man is granted and the man who won us a champions league, an Fa cup, Fernando Torres our highest ever perm points tally is vilified to the extent that he is blamed for this seasons form. Do one you cunts

ergo 'I want Rafa back '.

I agree with your sentiments on Woy vs. Rafa. I find it very hard to see Woy as anything other than a slightly more pleasant version of Obese Sam - i.e. an English saviour, a media darling, a Sky Sports hero...you know what I mean. Rafa fought for this club, he defended us, he would never smile shaking ginger's hand after a defeat. Even now from Italy he is doing his best to still defend us. A proper legend, and one who never spoke bullshit - his only fault when it came to being loved by those in high places.

Try the search function.

If we were in our prime, Carragher would have started to lose his place in the first team last year. He could have been put on the path to retirement gracefully, with fans, players and the manager all knowing a better player was coming in and replacing him. Now we've got to watch him slowly decay in front of our eyes, an undroppable behemoth.

Pointing out that the emperor has no clothes is not going to be welcomed universally on here. There are many that still pine for his flying tackles circa 2004-2007 and pretend that his game is as good as it ever was. Well those tackles have gone but the petulance he directs at those around him hasn't and neither has the hoofball. In time it could potentially become a large barrier to any rejuvenation of the club. Let's hope it doesn't.

Guest PurpleNose

Football wasn't invented in 1992 you gigantic egg cunt. We had some fucking massive perms in the 70s.

Guest PurpleNose
Rafa vs Roy. No mate , its like saying Rafa vs Paisley, its not relevant, Rafa has gone. He may as well have been the manager 20 years ago. Its history now.

Not sure thats entirely fair. You've just written a fairly lengthy post defending our current manager, partially blaming the former one for making Hodgson's job so difficult.

It certainly is relevant.

Even if threads like this are an absolute abortion.

Last Carragher thread started; after Everton.

Seize the day and all that, eh?

love carragher and he is a legend but the amount of times he hoofs it up field is incredible and he is going to be here for a while. maybe from next year i wouldnt have him a automatic choice depending on who we get. but he has said when he is no longer first choice he would move on which comes across as real childish like if i dont get my own way im leaving.

Personally i would like a defender coming through the ranks or signed which would allow Carra to not need to play every game but at the moment that is not the case.

Soto is not exactly a spring chicken whilst Agger is always injured.

That leaves Skrtel and whilst he shows promise in some games he is not consistent and has a tendancy to give away stupid free kicks.

As regards Carra shouting at the youngsters its all part of their learning curve and Carra has been through that himself with Hyppia telling him his positional duties.

A youngster coming through like Kelly who may well turn out to be a great centre half needs to learn exactly which position to be in and for me Carra is doing a great job in doing so.

Like i said im no Carra fanboy and i would prefer someone younger with more pace coming in and his constant hoofing annoys me as well but at the moment he is the best central defender at the club.

Personally i would like a defender coming through the ranks or signed which would allow Carra to not need to play every game but at the moment that is not the case.

Soto is not exactly a spring chicken whilst Agger is always injured.

That leaves Skrtel and whilst he shows promise in some games he is not consistent and has a tendancy to give away stupid free kicks.

As regards Carra shouting at the youngsters its all part of their learning curve and Carra has been through that himself with Hyppia telling him his positional duties.

A youngster coming through like Kelly who may well turn out to be a great centre half needs to learn exactly which position to be in and for me Carra is doing a great job in doing so.

Like i said im no Carra fanboy and i would prefer someone younger with more pace coming in and his constant hoofing annoys me as well but at the moment he is the best central defender at the club.

I think he is to full on with them at times, I dont remember Hypia or anyone else for that matter bollocking him like that when he was coming through, by all means give it out when needed but I do reckon our changing room must be a bit too intimidating at times, especially with the managers comments towards the youngsters this season aswell.

Not sure thats entirely fair. You've just written a fairly lengthy post defending our current manager, partially blaming the former one for making Hodgson's job so difficult.

It certainly is relevant.

Even if threads like this are an absolute abortion.

I wasnt blaming anyone for anything, just stating what the situation was.

Im not either, defending everything Roy does, just trying to understand.

Please don't lump carra in with a pleb like Roy. Its not his fault there are no better options to play the ball to because of Roy's footballacaust.

Carragher has always hoofed the ball, no nonsense defending its got him over 600 games. Its what he has always done and mostly well so dont blame the managers tactics for that.

I dont think the manager is the answer either but stop making childish things up. But dont worry your not the only one.

Another one is the Aquilani debate. All of a sudden he is fucking brilliant and we miss him. Miss what? HE WAS FUCKING SHITE

People are coming out with utter bollocks and childish statements to state they want the manager out.

Just say you dont like the manager and you want him out coz people can then just say 'fair enough'

Dont make childish statements.

You need to listen to yourself more often.