You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Premiership Vs MOTD

Duncan Clench

Gotta disagree with whoever said they enjoyed Barry Davies' commentary in 2001 during our Uefa Cup run. I've never known a commentary team to be so unpatriotic in my life.

Very very true. I remember sitting and listening to him and Trevor Brooking absolutely slate Liverpool at the first opportunity. Listen to Trev's delight when Alaves scored the free-kick for 3-3. ("Through the wall!")

Also, I lost all respect for Barry Davies for his blatantly anti-Liverpool commentary in the Yeovil game this year. Yelping like a little girl whenever a Liverpool player made a foul, almost coming in his pants during the first half, and then saying something along the lines of 'Oh this is not in the spirit of the game', when we were knocking it around in defence 1-0 up. If that would have been Arsenal/Man Utd he wouldn't have dared say that.

In fact, the BBC's presentation of that game was a disgrace. They say that the FA Cup's great drama on the BBC, and it was evident that we'd been set up for the fall, and then when we'd bored the shit out of everyone, Lineker, Schmeicel and even Hansen were going on about how the match had been all about Yeovil. Why? Because they lost 2-0, were out of the cup and have done fuck all ever since?

gav, Eire - next to Northern Ireland on across the Sea from Merseyside, innit?

Or is it at the end of the Rainbow?

ohhhh .You mean the Isle of Man .( Is that the scottish or welsh pronounciation ???)

pronounce the following 100 times

Eye urr land

Hows the weather up there in America North then ???:lol:

Matt Smith, not bad - hates houllier and has done for ages, has wanted him out for about 18 months. Has to work with shite scripts.

Best commentator available for football is without doubt Mike Ingham. He is class. Tells you what's going on when he's on 5-live without getting load and thinking he has to be clever.

U2 - samey but some bits of genius. One, for instance.

Radiohead piss all over them though...then again Radiohead piss all over everyone around!!

Just remembered something that has been bugging my for ages....why (apart from the fact that singing is forbidden) have we not used any of the Coral's catchy stuff for songs about players. Dreaming of you is a perfect tune for a chant!

The thing that bugs me about the after match "analysis" is that it's so pointless. Idiots like Mccoist and Earle get paid a lot of money for re-iterating what you have already seen not a couple of minutes ago. It's plain to see that Biscan was at fault for their goal, i don't need four replays and Robbie Earle's whiney voice "explaining" where he went wrong to tell me that.

Or, how Michael, in addition to his goal, tracked back all game and as you can see i've circled him with my magic pen so you morons at home can see too. Thanks for the help, Robbie.

They should just use the extra 20 minutes per show to show more of the actual games.

Lineker ( or whoever ) should just be a link man, akin to that fat bird off You've Been framed.

Just introduce the game, and shut up.