You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani ( Juventus Goal )

Neo

At least had the good grace not to include goals 1 and 2 at Burnley.

3 minutes for an entire season, for the "30m" rated player?

The Lucas video v Chelsea was longer.

If he stays fit and becomes a Juve great, I'm made up for the lad.

But he was a big error for us.

He doesnt have any pace whatsoever and got caught on the ball far too often. What are you on about?

You can say that our team lacked a really good playmaker but dont give me this Aquilani rubbish.

He got a strong tackle against Grasshoppers in the first friendly and bottled it big time. That was enough for me after the previous rubbish season he had.

I think it was a mistake to ship Aquilani off at the time we did it. What we lacked against Wigan yesterday was pace, control and creativity in midfield which Acquilani could offer. He has a decent crack at goal too. He would've been a good option from the bench at least. Poulsen is an absolute waste of space.

He does offer control and creativity, but it's wasted when nobody else makes any decent attacking runs or creates space to receive a ball and threaten. Also he's ineffective in a team that sits too deep. Most of all, I've yet to see him display this pace of which you speak.

So you want to play every week....... and get back into the Italian national team........

sorry bud I've lined up Poulson, your not my type of player

Whats Poulsen got to do with the thread. The point being made is that Aquilani is not equipped for the premiership and never will be no matter how well he is playing in serie A. Hodgson obviously decided it was better to ship him out and thought Poulsen would be an adequate replacement he quite clearly has got that wrong but at 16 million less

Whats Poulsen got to do with the thread. The point being made is that Aquilani is not equipped for the premiership and never will be no matter how well he is playing in serie A. Hodgson obviously decided it was better to ship him out and thought Poulsen would be an adequate replacement he quite clearly has got that wrong but at 16 million less

Problem with your logic is we didn't sign Puolsen for Aqua, we signed him to replace Mascherano.

Mereiles is Aqua's replacement and not much cheaper at that.

He doesnt have any pace whatsoever and got caught on the ball far too often. What are you on about?

You can say that our team lacked a really good playmaker but dont give me this Aquilani rubbish.

He got a strong tackle against Grasshoppers in the first friendly and bottled it big time. That was enough for me after the previous rubbish season he had.

He was 3rd fastest player in Rome, had pace in abundance comparing to Alonso and was also considered a quick playmaker with a decent counter-attacking dimension a la D'Allessandro, Nasri or Pastore.

We signed Poulsen for 12 million less. Aquilani never cost 20 million pounds and what's more his deal was structured, so that we pay money every 6 months, not paid straight away.

We signed Poulsen for 12 million less. Aquilani never cost 20 million pounds and what's more his deal was structured, so that we pay money every 6 months, not paid straight away.

Something like a guaranteed £17 million....higher with appearances and honours. Most transfer fees are paid installments.

Someone posted a release from Roma on here confirming the fees

He is a defensive midfielder and Aquilani is not. Still, I'm not sure I agree with you that he's a better defensive midfielder. Better than what, better than nothing? Well maybe, still not convinced.

If you made a poll out of this, Nothing would get more votes than Poulsen.