You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

André Villas Boas (Manager)

Roger Hunt

avb deserves some credit for getting Chelsea so far in the european cup though surely?

Di Matteo won it granted, but avb got them so far in it

Chelsea are not Apoel Nicosia.

They were 3-1 down from the first leg, and the players were not playing for him, he had alienated half the squad in 6 months.

Whilst if he is appointed we will get behind him like any new manager, lets not dress up his Chelsea stint as something its not.

avb deserves some credit for getting Chelsea so far in the european cup though surely?

AVB deserves some credit for nearly getting Chelsea to fail to qualify for the CL, why isn't he our manager now?

AVB deserves some credit for nearly getting Chelsea to fail to qualify for the CL, why isn't he our manager now?

He was joint 4th before the loss at West Brom and his sacking. It was hardly a massive gap and it is very reasonable to suggest that he would've been able to finish in the top 4 seeing as he was always within the top 4 or in touching distance for his time in charge of Chelsea.

Mourinho was a success because he inerhited a much stronger team with much more power in the transfer market.

Villas-Boas inherited a team that wasn't suited to play the style he had been brought in to deliver. And several senior players were obviously trying to undermine him because they knew the appointment of Villas-Boas pretty much meant the end of them as first team regulars at Chelsea.

The same players that played for AVB have just won Europe's biggest club prize under Di Matteo

You and I don't know what goes on in the Chelsea dressing,maybe certain players were acting the twat,on the other hand AVB could have been a cunt also

It is hard to know when you're taking the piss and when you're being serious

I have come to the sad conclusion it is usually the latter

Dear oh dear oh fucking dear

He was joint 4th before the loss at West Brom and his sacking. It was hardly a massive gap and it is very reasonable to suggest that he would've been able to finish in the top 4 seeing as he was always within the top 4 or in touching distance for his time in charge of Chelsea.

Let's not pretend he did anything good at Chelsea. His short tenure was a disaster and they were right to sack him because they would have won nothing if he'd stayed this season

Also, their results and performances were getting worse before they sacked him. His stance over Lampard seems to have been a major reason for things going tits up there.

Apparently he wanted Lampard to play a certain role he refused ,ended up playing the role under Dimatteo and produced his best form of the season. Sounds like AvB was in the right and star player threw a strop.

Let's not pretend he did anything good at Chelsea. His short tenure was a disaster and they were right to sack him because they would have won nothing if he'd stayed this season

They were right to sack him short term but I still believe they will regret it long term.

His tenure wasn't a disaster at all unless you judge it by completely unrealistic standards. His task was to rebuild Chelsea and everyone knew it and he made a major forward thinking signing in Gary Cahill (a man Barcelona were looking at as he suited their style) and was obviously looking to pair him with the much maligned but very talented Sideshow Luiz.

If you look at the players he bought for his midfield and how he formed his attack then it was clear to see he was doing the right things (albeit at the wrong time).

Mata was an inspirational signing and has long been a player that many in Europe have coveted.

Romeu looks to be a very talented player who can win the ball but has a touch of class on it.

Meireles was a player he knew well and while I believe he fit his system as the "middle" player in the midfield 3 I also believe he was an impulse buy that made sense based on his lowered price, the fact he was someone that had respect for AVB and he couldn't get other players he would have preferred.

Then there are the players he tried to buy, Moutinho, Falcao and Hulk any of these players would greatly improve our side, most sides and in Falcao's case ANY side.

He had Chelsea in a battle for 4th place and probably would have got it had he stayed. Would Chelsea be European Champions now? Well no one can say but I'd venture to guess probably not.

If our aim is to get players to suit a style and get them playing beautiful football then AVB is the man we should be looking at and I'm glad to say I believe we are doing just that.

As for your knock on my name, regardless of whether he ends up as Liverpool manager or not I will still have a huge amount of respect for the way he goes about his business.

Di Matteo has done a quite wonderful job doing very little and fair play to him. He's a European Cup winner now and no one can take that away from him but I believe it's probably fair to say when Di Matteo signs off and AVB signs off there will be a great disparity in their records.

Furthermore I'd happily take AVB ahead of any manager in the world including Mourinho because he seems to me to be the right man at the right time.

They were right to sack him short term but I still believe they will regret it long term.

His tenure wasn't a disaster at all unless you judge it by completely unrealistic standards. His task was to rebuild Chelsea and everyone knew it and he made a major forward thinking signing in Gary Cahill (a man Barcelona were looking at as he suited their style) and was obviously looking to pair him with the much maligned but very talented Sideshow Luiz.

If you look at the players he bought for his midfield and how he formed his attack then it was clear to see he was doing the right things (albeit at the wrong time).

Mata was an inspirational signing and has long been a player that many in Europe have coveted.

Romeu looks to be a very talented player who can win the ball but has a touch of class on it.

Meireles was a player he knew well and while I believe he fit his system as the "middle" player in the midfield 3 I also believe he was an impulse buy that made sense based on his lowered price, the fact he was someone that had respect for AVB and he couldn't get other players he would have preferred.

Then there are the players he tried to buy, Moutinho, Falcao and Hulk any of these players would greatly improve our side, most sides and in Falcao's case ANY side.

He had Chelsea in a battle for 4th place and probably would have got it had he stayed. Would Chelsea be European Champions now? Well no one can say but I'd venture to guess probably not.

If our aim is to get players to suit a style and get them playing beautiful football then AVB is the man we should be looking at and I'm glad to say I believe we are doing just that.

As for your knock on my name, regardless of whether he ends up as Liverpool manager or not I will still have a huge amount of respect for the way he goes about his business.

Di Matteo has done a quite wonderful job doing very little and fair play to him. He's a European Cup winner now and no one can take that away from him but I believe it's probably fair to say when Di Matteo signs off and AVB signs off there will be a great disparity in their records.

Furthermore I'd happily take AVB ahead of any manager in the world including Mourinho because he seems to me to be the right man at the right time.

Possibly the worst thing I've ever read. Thought I'd just highlight the last paragraph as its the worst of a bad bunch.

Apparently he wanted Lampard to play a certain role he refused ,ended up playing the role under Dimatteo and produced his best form of the season. Sounds like AvB was in the right and star player threw a strop.

Wow, just wow.

Easily in the top 5 worst opposing players ive seen at anfield this season

Can anyone explain why ancelotti, hiddink and di matteo managed to do excellent jobs at chelsea if the chelsea job is 'an impossible task'. The other alternative to the chelsea job being an 'impossible task' is that villas boas is, in fact, a shite twat.

Possibly the worst thing I've ever read. Thought I'd just highlight the last paragraph as its the worst of a bad bunch.

Any chance of actually stating your view or is highlighting what we do on here?

While Mourinho is clearly a better manager, AVB to me seems a more "Liverpool Way" type appointment.

Can anyone explain why ancelotti, hiddink and di matteo managed to do excellent jobs at chelsea if the chelsea job is 'an impossible task'. The other alternative to the chelsea job being an 'impossible task' is that villas boas is, in fact, a shite twat.

Di Matteo didn't do anything but revert to type. Chelsea played like a team threatened by relegation under him despite the quality they had in their side and while as I've said respect has to be given to them winning the European Cup, they proved what a small side they really are by the way they did it having spent 80m in a season on top of the small fortune they already spent.

"Shite Twat" - An excellent young manager who loses 2 games in all competitions in his first season winning three trophies playing the type of football that only Barcelona could claim to better.

time.

AVB signed none of those, maybe Raul, but that's it.

I have to agree about Romeu, he looks really, really poor.

When I've seen him, the weight of his passes look like the major problem but he looks comfortable on the ball turning and also there didn't look like many players around him were on the same wavelength. Then again, he didn't want to be at Chelsea apparently and neither did a lot of the players under AVB so that's hardly surprising. I'd certainly watch out for him though, he's strong, shows good positioning for his age and I believe will only get better.

OK, i'll ask a counter question: Can you explain to me why two CL winning managers and a man who lifted the world cup have been axed unceremoniously from Chelsea when it's supposedly an easy working environment?

Do you really think Di Matteo is in the same league as Ancelotti?

He was parachuted in, helped them to worse league form and simply galvanised them on an admittedly great cup run. We don't know whether the latter was tactical genius or simply the upswing that has thus far proven to come with a new manager mid-season.

Avram Grant was a slip away from winning the CL, yet he replaced Mourinho. Some times good managers fall, but you can't judge the quality of a Chelsea manager by the part-timer who replaces them in the short term.

OK' date=' i'll ask a counter question: Can you explain to me why two CL winning managers and a man who lifted the world cup have been axed unceremoniously from Chelsea when it's supposedly an easy working environment?

Do you really think Di Matteo is in the same league as Ancelotti?

He was parachuted in, helped them to worse league form and simply galvanised them on an admittedly great cup run. We don't know whether the latter was tactical genius or simply the upswing that has thus far proven to come with a new manager mid-season.

Avram Grant was a slip away from winning the CL, yet he replaced Mourinho. Some times good managers fall, but you can't judge the quality of a Chelsea manager by the part-timer who replaces them in the short term.[/quote']

I didn't say it was an easy working environment. The fact of the matter is that the only managers to fail there are scolari (mentalist) and vilas boas (ginger bearded hobbit twat). It is much harder to fail than succeed at chelsea as evidenced by jabba the hut and di matteo. Mourinho, hiddink and ancelotti are all class managers and all did an excellent job at chelsea. This is not a coincidence. Nor is it one that vilas boas fucked it up.

When I've seen him, the weight of his passes look like the major problem but he looks comfortable on the ball turning and also there didn't look like many players around him were on the same wavelength. Then again, he didn't want to be at Chelsea apparently and neither did a lot of the players under AVB so that's hardly surprising. I'd certainly watch out for him though, he's strong, shows good positioning for his age and I believe will only get better.

He just looked really poor to me, constantly giving the ball away and being too weak in the tackle. He reminded me of Lucas in his early days actually which proves that he's definitely not a write-off by any means.