You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

André Villas Boas (Manager)

Roger Hunt

Thats exactly my point. I'm saying that you are a clueless moron and your views are worthless.

Ok il keep basing my views on players on what I see and you keep basing them on what other people tell you. If they are worthless put me on ignore and don't respond to me then. Thanks.

Do you realise how hilarious you sound using words like cerebral and analytical. A DM job is to try and tackle the opposing player and give it to a team mate. It's not fucking rocket science you idiot. You don't have to be tactically aware of anything because you aren't fucking moving anywhere.

Holy hell.

You are definitely another one of the banned weirdo returners.

You are definitely one of those idiots who waits for other people to tell them their opinion so they can relay it as their own.

I got banned off RAWK actually and came on here because it wasn't a Benitez sect but it seems to be going that way.

Maybe he should come back. Then he will prove what a shite manager he is again. I'm sure it will all be somebody elses fault again though.

You are definitely one of those idiots who waits for other people to tell them their opinion so they can relay it as their own.

I got banned off RAWK actually and came on here because it wasn't a Benitez sect but it seems to be going that way.

Maybe he should come back. Then he will prove what a shite manager he is again. I'm sure it will all be somebody elses fault again though.

I prefer his shite, to the other shite we have had to put up with since.

I think the reason Villas-Boas struggled at Chelsea is largely down to the fact he was once assistant to Mourinho. He was the guy that compiled all those detailed dossiers for the manager and I reckon he couldn't convince the Chelsea Mafia that he was worthy of a higher rank. Even though Chelsea have had a lot of success since Mourinho left, their key players are still in thrall to him and it's noticeable that successive managers have tried to get Chelsea to play a more expansive game only to have to revert back to the Mourinho system which suits those key players so much.

Villas Boas is probably a good manager, maybe a good fit for us. The fact remains, though, that Chelsea won the FA Cup and the CL after he was fired. This time the player power produced results. It is repugnant, vile, a travesty, against all I believe in, but a fact.

Well, fuck Chelsea, and fuck Villas Boas. Get Sami Hyypia in asap, with Clarke as his assistant. We will conquer...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I liked this from AvB:

"Souness made comments about it being easy to win at Porto - It was easy to win at Liverpool in the '90s and the '80s, wasn't it? But he was five years there and didn't win anything."

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Villas Boas is probably a good manager, maybe a good fit for us. The fact remains, though, that Chelsea won the FA Cup and the CL after he was fired. This time the player power produced results. It is repugnant, vile, a travesty, against all I believe in, but a fact.

When AvB left, they were still on course for those titles and only 3 pts from 4th. We've no idea what would have happened.

Those Lukaku quotes are cause for concern, imo. It seems like his personality definitely rubbed people up the wrong way at Chelsea. I mean, fair enough, they are a club full of absolute bellends, but you have to wonder if his man management skills are anything like good enough.

Shite's shite at the end of the day BCM.

Each to their own mate.

But in the first 4 years under Rafa we where making real progress and quickly. we had world class players in nearly every position. It was only when he got involved with the two twats that the team struggled. No manager should have to get involved with that shit, and as long as owners are not loading debt onto the club now, and give a reasonable transfer and wage budget i dont think you will see that side of him again.

As long as the owners are true to their intentions about getting back to the top everyone will be happy, but im not sure they really want to get back to the very top, and their list of managers concerns me greatly, as does their fascination with a DOF.

When AvB left, they were still on course for those titles and only 3 pts from 4th. We've no idea what would have happened.

They were going nowhere mate, Lampard briefing the media, it was a recipe for absolute disaster. I have serious reservations about this fella.

I think people are looking at his success with Porto and making him out as some sort of genius. The portuguese league for me is similiar to the SPL as usually its Porto or Benfica.

I liked this from AvB:

"Souness made comments about it being easy to win at Porto - It was easy to win at Liverpool in the '90s and the '80s, wasn't it? But he was five years there and didn't win anything."

You see although he is right, its the arrogance of the man that will rub players up the wrong way. Especially seniors, i think i read today he was 3 months old when carra was born. Does not seem right to me, maybe im wrong.

I hear a lot of people saying now that AVB is their first choice.

Not once when he was manager of Chelsea did I think to myself 'I wish we had him as our manager' If anything I was glad that he was at Chelsea.

Now its all 'he was good at Porto', 'player power got him the sack at Chelsea'. Its as if were making excuses for the guy before the appointment in order to defend a poor decision the club may make.

So we got rid of Kenny for someone who couldn't cut it at Chelsea? Fuck that.

I liked this from AvB:

What exactly do you like about it? Its complete bollocks. Souness wasn't manager here during the 80s, he wasn't manager here for 5 years and he did win something. It is however, a piece of piss to win stuff with porto. They lost 1 league game this season and won the league again. I have absolutely no idea who their manager is. Why not get him in?

I hear a lot of people saying now that AVB is their first choice.

Not once when he was manager of Chelsea did I think to myself 'I wish we had him as our manager' If anything I was glad that he was at Chelsea.

Now its all 'he was good at Porto', 'player power got him the sack at Chelsea'. Its as if were making excuses for the guy before the appointment in order to defend a poor decision the club may make.

So we got rid of Kenny for someone who couldn't cut it at Chelsea? Fuck that.

Good post. I was the same. When he was at Chelsea I thought: "We dodged a bullet there." I've been trying to look at the positives since we were linked with him, but being the best of a bad lot is hardly a ringing endorsement. I'm not sure that he even is the best, either. I'm starting to prefer the idea of Lambert or Rodgers the more I read about Villas-Boas.

Those Lukaku quotes are cause for concern, imo. It seems like his personality definitely rubbed people up the wrong way at Chelsea. I mean, fair enough, they are a club full of absolute bellends, but you have to wonder if his man management skills are anything like good enough.

But equally Luiz called him an amazing guy, Romeu today has said he could be a good choice for Barca in the future etc. I agree though, what happened there would be cause for concern.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What exactly do you like about it?

That he has bottle, obviously.

Souness wasn't manager here during the 80s

He didn't say he was.

he wasn't manager here for 5 years and he did win something.

It was three years, but it's not really fair to expect him to know exactly the length. It felt like 20 fucking years.

It is however, a piece of piss to win stuff with porto. They lost 1 league game this season and won the league again. I have absolutely no idea who their manager is. Why not get him in?

What an utterly mindless thing to say. For a start, winning the title without losing, by 21 points, drawing only three times, scoring 73 goals and conceding just 16, is different from winning by six points. Plus, he also had a decent season with Académica and was with Mourinho at Porto, Chelsea and Inter, and they won loads together.

Plus, he's a decade younger than Pereira, who took over AvB's winning team and has done a worse job. AvB took over a team that, despite being 'piss easy' to win with Porto, finished 3rd, with 68 points. He took them to first with 84 points. Still, I guess that was just piss easy.