You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

André Villas Boas (Manager)

Roger Hunt

JT, Lamps and Ash getting their way again I see. Abramovich is a spineless twat. That team needs clearing out, and as much ad I am happy to see Chelsea in the shit, AVB should have been backed and given the chance to do that. Instead the cockney mafia at the club have been whispering in Romans ear again, not happy that AVB has put their nose out, and have now had yet another proven manager sacked. Mourinho will be there in the summer, guaranteed. JT And the boys will have their man again.

Ray Wilkins just said,

'Capello has got a fantastic record at club level and would be a good appointment, but Rafa Benitez would struggle because he is a 4-4-2 Merchant!'

Absolutely clueless! Capello is the one who has rigidly stuck to 4-4-2 throughout his career, When has Benitez ever really played 4-4-2?

Ray Wilkins really is one of the least knowlegeable pundits going. He can do hyperbole and exaggeration and rhetoric really well, it's just analysis, and the actual football he struggles with.

Guest San Don
Absolutely everything. The mismanagement of our budget harms our progress on the field. The more effective Spurs become at utilising their budget -- keeping Bale around for as long as they can with a wage on which he over performs against market average or players in that position in competing teams -- the further we'll fall behind. Tottenham are catching us up financially off-the-field. We no longer have the financial edge to be able to wantonly waste money. Yet that is what we have done, and more grossly than ever before in the club's history.

What Gareth Bale has won is absolutely irrelevant to his quality as a player. Spurs have gained the edge on us by systematically going out and getting players that perform above the average of what is being paid for players in those positions at the clubs around them. They pay their core 11 substantially less than we pay ours.

Except it has fuck all because you arent comparing like with like. If and when bale wins as much as Carragher or has even played as many games, perhaps spurs will pay him more than Carragher.

Except it has fuck all because you arent comparing like with like. If and when bale wins as much as Carragher or has even played as many games, perhaps spurs will pay him more than Carragher.

Should players not be paid in line with what they contribute on the pitch at the time they sign a new deal?

JT, Lamps and Ash getting their way again I see. Abramovich is a spineless twat. That team needs clearing out, and as much ad I am happy to see Chelsea in the shit, AVB should have been backed and given the chance to do that. Instead the cockney mafia at the club have been whispering in Romans ear again, not happy that AVB has put their nose out, and have now had yet another proven manager sacked. Mourinho will be there in the summer, guaranteed. JT And the boys will have their man again.

"Arry" might take the job I would put nothing past that slimey twat and JT and Frank would welcome him.

Which, if it does happen, will mean they win the title again, you fucking mong

I hope nobody on here advocates this.

Quite fucking stupid to sack him and anybody who thinks it isnt must also want Kenny out I assume? After all any other opinion would be quite hypocrtical.

JT Lamps and the like will hamstring that club for a long time. Which is great news.

Surely the two simply aren't comparable, everyone can see that? We haven't enjoyed a billion pounds investment over the last 8 years as Chelsea have. By chopping and their changing manager on a annual basis (or should that be quarterly) they've not made anywhere near as much of that investment as they could have done.

Chelsea's problem is that with financial fair play beginning to bite any new manager has to reduce their £70 million annual deficit into at worst £37 million over two seasons whilst still being expected to win the Premiership and Champions League.

Add in a set of belligerent, self-interested players who are largely past their best but have far too much control.

We're in the process of witnessing Chelsea return to their pre-Roman state.

What has David James been smoking?

MOTD pundit David James:

"Pep Guardiola is going to become the first manager to retain the Champions League, then join Chelsea and bring Lionel Messi in. Jose Mourinho will go to Barcelona."

Guest the boy

I've laid out the argument as simplistically as I can. If you maintain that it is reasonable for us to lay out 80k p/w on Carragher, while Tottenham spend 70k p/w on Bale or, for that matter, 40k p/w on Modric, then I have nothing further to say.

The parochial attitude of fans such as yourself has set our club back years and years.

EDIT:

Chelsea's problem is that with financial fair play beginning to bite any new manager has to reduce their £70 million annual deficit into at worst £37 million over two seasons whilst still being expected to win the Premiership and Champions League.

True, assuming UEFA strictly implement the policy. I won't believe it until I see it.

Quite fucking stupid to sack him and anybody who thinks it isnt must also want Kenny out I assume? After all any other opinion would be quite hypocrtical.

JT Lamps and the like will hamstring that club for a long time. Which is great news.

Yes, comparing the managerial situation with Kenny at Liverpool and villas-boas at Chelsea is really worthwhile isnt it, you fucking galactic spastic?

True, assuming UEFA strictly implement the policy. I won't believe it until I see it.

I agree, at the moment it's just a threat but that threat is clearly causing clubs to re-evaluate and limit their spending. We wouldn't be getting sponsorship deals from the likes of City that push the boundaries of FFP if they weren't taking it seriously.

Quite fucking stupid to sack him .

They made a mistake in appointing him (and in sacking Ancelotti).

Althugh football sackings are often premature - this one was clearly not going to work out. Sometimes it is best for all to recognise that, shake hands, and go different ways.

There is nothing fucking stupid about that.

Behave yourself you tedious little scrotum. Justifying my point would be totally wasted on you. Go and have a wank, may release some of that pent up aggression you boring fucking troll.

Justifying what point? That mourinho is a better manager than anyone else in Europe apart from Ferguson and - possibly - guardiola?

Is that the point? Do you want one of the Top 2 mangers in the world return to one of our Premiership rivals? Do you begrudge some of his ex players wishing that one of the best managers in the world returned to their club?

Do you have a cogent point to make at all?

Justifying what point? That mourinho is a better manager than anyone else in Europe apart from Ferguson and - possibly - guardiola?

Is that the point? Do you want one of the Top 2 mangers in the world return to one of our Premiership rivals? Do you begrudge some of his ex players wishing that one of the best managers in the world returned to their club?

Do you have a cogent point to make at all?

The point is Chelsea have an underlying problem which goes beyond any managerial appointment they may make. The spine of their side is past it and needs replacing. They were a great outfit 4 or 5 years ago, but now the likes of Cech, Terry, Cole, Lampard and Drogba are past their best, showing their age, and gradually need easing out. The second AVB showed signs of wanting to do that, they stopped playing for him, started leaking shit to the papers, and started whispering in Roman's ear. That spine will not win the league, even with Mourinho managing them.

Tit.

The point is Chelsea have an underlying problem which goes beyond any managerial appointment they may make. The spine of their side is past it and needs replacing. They were a great outfit 4 or 5 years ago, but now the likes of Cech, Terry, Cole, Lampard and Drogba are past their best, showing their age, and gradually need easing out. The second AVB showed signs of wanting to do that, they stopped playing for him, started leaking shit to the papers, and started whispering in Roman's ear. That spine will not win the league, even with Mourinho managing them.

Tit.

So out of mourinho and bias, who would you suggest is a better manager and more likely to bring Chelsea succes

Let me sit down, and strap iin

So out of mourinho and bias, who would you suggest is a better manager and more likely to bring Chelsea succes

Let me sit down, and strap iin

That's not the point I have made is it.

Mourinho isn't stupid. He will want an astronomical sum of money and he will know where Chelsea's weaknesses lie. What will the senior players do when he starts to replace them? Moan to Abromivich again?

Mourinho's track record is of course superior to AVB's, but AVB was doomed from day 1 when he began to address Chelsea's biggest problem and overhaul the squad.

My criticism is of Chelsea's senior players who value themselves over the good of the club who pays their wage. I really don't see what your problem is with what I've said, unless you think it's perfectly acceptable for players to sabotage their clubs season and rock the boat just because they're not getting a game.

Second, why does silverlining reduce every single thread into a ridiculous name-calling exercise. If I called people names I'd probably choose 'bell-end', but I don't, so I wont.

It's how he gets his kicks, insulting people from the safety of his armchair. Probably gets bullied at home by the Missus but it's ok because in his head he's a real internet hard case.