You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Completely hangover free. Had a boss lie-in as well. Currently tucking into a sausage butty before doing some bits round the house, driving to B&Q, the aquarium and the supermarket. Might BBQ later because it is fucking glorious weather. 

Have just got some Hobgoblin for the first time since crimbo, it scares me this stuff. Especially when I've already had a few ales today already.

It's someone's birthday though so fuck it, BRING IT ON!

(yeah I'm still scared.)

edit : wow, the first swig tasted really nice, didn't experience that before.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fathers day over here, been on the piss since 9am.....gonna be fucked in the morning. Few Jim Beams before flaking out. 

Had no real hangover after 2 big bottles of Becks, Hobgoblin, and quite a few vodkas. Maybe a rare fluke. If anything saved me it was probably taking time with the drinks over several hours instead of drinking quickly. (I don't feel like testing it out again either, almost definitely a fluke.)

I'm struggling today.

I worked 6 days and 60 hours last week and as it was a public holiday here on Friday you couldn't buy alcohol from sunset Friday till sunset on Saturday.

So at 7:00 last night we're at a hotel for an all you can eat and drink buffet and the Heineken wasn't even touching the sides.

The bloke serving us ended up bringing 2 bottles at a time to save me having to constantly call him over.

A few glasses of red with the cheese and then a few runs to finish off.

All in the space of 3 hours.

Got home and passed out when on a promise, got elbowed in the ribs for snoring, overslept and was an hour late for work and then the little cunt threw a TV remote at me hitting me square in the face cutting my eyebrow.

Another 2 hours before I can finish work, get a kebab and go straight to bed.

I honestly don't think there's any better cure than just getting back on it.

Stayed out after the m*tch yesterday and ended up twatted. Woke up ropey ss fuck this morning, and my mate texts me asking if I fancy watching some of the f**ty down the pub with him. I take him up on the offer and after the first pint, I start to feel wonderful.

• Upvote 2

It's the hope that kills you. My body likes to play a cruel trick. I usually wake up the next morning feeling fine and think you still got it ace. But then my hangover kicks in during the evening and worsens every time I eat drink anything so I play a game of short term hell to revocer faster in the long term. It sucks donkey balls.

• Upvote 1

A good manly session for a certain event Saturday . Started on it at 6am Saturday in Cork airport and finished 7.30am Sunday in Liverpool airport.

Got home to bed at a 11.30am yesterday and just managed to get up for work this morning at 4.30am. Feeling fine now thankfully.

• Upvote 1

Still feel rough today. Shit nights sleep and I drank enough for 4 weekends on Saturday. Just want the day to end so I can go home, whack the heating on and curl up on the couch stroking my balls.

she's left them in the kitchen drawer for you mate

• Upvote 5

Just popping in to let everyone know that I haven't drank for 2 weeks and feel sharp as fuck. First Monday morning in a while that I haven't been feeling like shit and anxious. Firing on all cylinders in work. I know, know I'm a smug bastard but I'm just getting it in cos I'll be smashing the booze and tackle his weekend hard haha

• Upvote 1

I remember enjoying hangovers as a kid, it was all part of the process. As an adult hangovers are very rare. I can't r.ememb the last time I had one. I don't drink during the week but do all weekend (at night)

Thing is I drink what I know I can drink, red wine. Cider, jack Daniels and if its shots sambucca.

I went out Friday after work for 2 hours which turned into a 10 hour session. Felt great the next day. Saturday had a couple of pints and two bottles of wine again Sunday felt great.

I remember enjoying hangovers as a kid, it was all part of the process. As an adult hangovers are very rare. I can't r.ememb the last time I had one. I don't drink during the week but do all weekend (at night)

Thing is I drink what I know I can drink, red wine. Cider, jack Daniels and if its shots sambucca.

I went out Friday after work for 2 hours which turned into a 10 hour session. Felt great the next day. Saturday had a couple of pints and two bottles of wine again Sunday felt great.

I hope you die a horrible painful death you jammy fucking cunt.

I  mean, how the hell do you manage that?

• Upvote 2

I hope you die a horrible painful death you jammy fucking cunt.

I mean, how the hell do you manage that?

I don't know, I'm not sure. As I said I used to get them I just don't anymore.

The highlight was the other week when I went out on the lash 1600-0130 inc shots then got up at 0400 watched the boxing had a fry up, went to play the unmentionable Sunday morning and was back in the pub again by 1300. I was actually quite proud about not having a hangover for that!

• Downvote 2