You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

For some reason, I've found myself going off beer so I've switched to cider recently. Before the switch, I'd never usually have more than one in a sitting, say if I felt myself getting bloated, but since I've been drinking rounds of them, I've really struggled to sleep because of the sugar.

I've never really had a terrible hangover off cider (yet), but I just can't nod off. Must have had 4-5 hours max last night and I just know I'll start to flag later.

I best get my taste for beer back next weekend because I'm off to the Ship & Mitre beer festival then! Shite timing or what?

Faustus I've done the same recently. Switched to Cider last summer and pretty much kept with that mostly all through winter. I've no trouble getting asleep when pissed but the night of the hangover (and often the next night too) I just can't sleep. last night I had a shite nights sleep and kept waking up every hour, tonight, despite being shattered I reckon i'll be spinning my cushion till 2am. Drinking is a mugs game. I need a fucking beer.

Faustus I've done the same recently. Switched to Cider last summer and pretty much kept with that mostly all through winter. I've no trouble getting asleep when pissed but the night of the hangover (and often the next night too) I just can't sleep. last night I had a shite nights sleep and kept waking up every hour, tonight, despite being shattered I reckon i'll be spinning my cushion till 2am. Drinking is a mugs game. I need a fucking beer.

I'm like that to the point where if I go to bed without being steaming, I can't get a decent kip.

For some reason, I've found myself going off beer so I've switched to cider recently. Before the switch, I'd never usually have more than one in a sitting, say if I felt myself getting bloated, but since I've been drinking rounds of them, I've really struggled to sleep because of the sugar.

I've never really had a terrible hangover off cider (yet), but I just can't nod off. Must have had 4-5 hours max last night and I just know I'll start to flag later.

I best get my taste for beer back next weekend because I'm off to the Ship & Mitre beer festival then! Shite timing or what?

One day I will make the Ship and Mitre beer festival....one day.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha fucking hell Mook, most people vow at least a few weeks off the ale when feeling like that. Fair play for being honest and giving yourself 3 full days.

I'll probably have a drink on Wednesday night what with it being a short week.

I'm a twat.

• 2 weeks later...

she was working till 2am last night so I had about 8 cans of cider and a glass of red wine. The glass of red wine has done me. got myself up and had a crack at the garden midday, back in bed by 2 is. not long come down. trying to eat but feel sick. was meant to be going out tonight but there is more chance of kelly brook coming round to pat me back while I throw up. 

I've been given this drink bottle thing the mrs brought back from the US - "Never Hungover - Shoot it or Mix it"

You're supposed to take 1 little bottle for every 4 drinks, silly moo brought me 1 bottle. This is going to go well.

I'm planning for my hangover Saturday. Mine and the wife's anniversary last week and booked this Friday off together. I've got an interview at 9, get into town for 11, cheeky beers before a bite to eat, then getting hammered before spending a voucher I've got for Fazenda, then probably get more hammered.

Lucozade, bacon, tiger bread, onion ring crisps (not with the bacon buttie, although.........) will get me through Saturday.