You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Switch the first two lines around there and you’ve stumbled upon an ace forum handle. 

The Gutter is a way better name than YorkshireRed

Too late now. If YR ever gets banned then maybe that will be my next incarnation. Watch out for The Gutter turning up in the FF circa 2025. 

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Too late now. If YR ever gets banned then maybe that will be my next incarnation. Watch out for The Gutter turning up in the FF circa 2025. 

You are able to change your name on here if you like mate

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I need detail 

Me and a lass I know who’s a cocktail waitress, started at lunchtime yesterday at mine. Lost count of how many different drinks she’d made by 6pm. Brand new bottle of gin done in, empty bottles of Prosecco, red wine, pilsner littered all over the shop. Broken glass everywhere, the table looks like someone has had a fit in the middle of a buffet, my feet are sticking to the floor, I have various cuts, I’ve broken a lamp...there’s stuff everywhere. A stray monster munch got soaked in something and has melted into a packet of rizla on my table. I feel like it should be my logo. Shambles. I’ve got eyes like two piss-holes in the snow. Haven’t had any sleep and am currently sat in the bath on its 3rd hot water top-up, contemplating the futility of existence and muttering imprecations to a god I don’t believe in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Me and a lass I know who’s a cocktail waitress, started at lunchtime yesterday at mine. Lost count of how many different drinks she’d made by 6pm. Brand new bottle of gin done in, empty bottles of Prosecco, red wine, pilsner littered all over the shop. Broken glass everywhere, the table looks like someone has had a fit in the middle of a buffet, my feet are sticking to the floor, I have various cuts, I’ve broken a lamp...there’s stuff everywhere. A stray monster munch got soaked in something and has melted into a packet of rizla on my table. I feel like it should be my logo. Shambles. I’ve got eyes like two piss-holes in the snow. Haven’t had any sleep and am currently sat in the bath on its 3rd hot water top-up, contemplating the futility of existence and muttering imprecations to a god I don’t believe in.

Just how my old fella used to describe me (at certain times).

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

So. Woke up at five with a massive headache. Downed half a bottle of calpol as there were no other painkillers in the house. Didn’t work, so rolled around in bed kicking my heals for half hour or so. Then drank about a gallon of water and fruit juice. This stayed settled in me for around ten minutes, I projectile vomited down the toilet, I’m not proud. Tried it on with the Mrs at 6(ish) who told me to ‘piss off’. Now, tired, very hungover and waiting for the last saving grace, a McDonald’s breakfast, the last refuge of the drunkard, to arrive.

I’m nobody’s  hero, but I’m happy with how everything panned out last night, I think.

Today will be a struggle…

• Upvote 5

My long-term ex took me to a party last night. With a group of people who are evidently still living the 1990’s lifestyle on a weekly basis. Fuck a fucking duck. As a dear departed friend of mine once remarked on a particularly strong pill, ‘I haven’t been here in a while’. Moved a couple of ton of top soil from their back garden for her in the past few days and supposed to be making a border with it today. Probably not going to do that if I’m honest.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

My long-term ex took me to a party last night. With a group of people who are evidently still living the 1990’s lifestyle on a weekly basis. Fuck a fucking duck. As a dear departed friend of mine once remarked on a particularly strong pill, ‘I haven’t been here in a while’. Moved a couple of ton of top soil from their back garden for her in the past few days and supposed to be making a border with it today. Probably not going to do that if I’m honest.

Why are you doing gardening for your ex?

4 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Just been informed I had to be propped up and carried home by an old mate, and once back I collapsed on the floor. Ex said I just lay there for half an hour while she pottered about and ultimately had to crawl up the stairs in stages on my hands and knees. That would explain the cataclysmic state my fucking head is in. Don’t remember a thing. If I’m not sick it’ll be a real-life miracle.