You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

We once had a meeting for our new team in London, it was our boss,his boss and 10 mins with the new MD. Me and a mate went to dinner the night before, then for a pint, then for another etc. At 4am I left my mate dancing on a podium in Heaven, waving his shirt in the air.

The meeting was at Ogilvy's ad agency, think Nathan Barley x 1000, I nearly didn't get past the supermodel on reception as I stank of beer, my boss nearly fainted when he saw me and he force fed me coke and fruit for 30 mins. My mate didn't turn up although he did phone at 2 to very loudly shout out that he'd found a group of 20 Aussie birds and was back on the piss.

My advice - sack the cunt.

Good advice that, except I was obviously the cunt in question here.

Ended up getting into work just before 11am.  Had to make an unscheduled exit off the tram on my way in and spew in a bin though.  Great success!

• Upvote 2

Fuck me, I feel like I've gone ten rounds with the Williams sisters today, even a cup of tea & a link sausage roll (brown sauce) hasn't helped.

I'm going for a pint when the pubs near my work open, there's only one cure for this sort of shit.

Sex would help as well but I've asked all the girls in my office & the only one who said yes looks like a cylon from Battlestar Galactica...

cylon.jpg

If you were someone's boss, how would you feel if they got pissed at a work function called you a bit of a twat, had a rant about how they were under appreciated and deserved a pay rise, then we're so hungover the next day they couldn't get in on time and missed an all staff meeting including the boss's boss and the boss above that?

i am the boss in our place. When we went out last year I got arse holed despite being the oldest and most responsible.

Told a fit 19 year old I liked her pearl necklace and would be happy to add to it, told her I'd like to breed with her using those words.

also told everyone I couldn't stand the other lad who works there and didn't come and said he was a massive twat. Which he is.

Told another girl (who now works for me)her tits were magnificent.

not had a staff night out since, for the best I'd say.

8 ciders, bottle of red, couple honey jd's don't remember going to bed and I'm the one up with the kids ( she went to bed at 1900) just cooking us bacon sandwiches and then me and the eldest are off out in 70 mins for a thing you can't mention tournament.

I will hate the days I get them

Guest Pistonbroke

Me and my great ideas, I feel rough as fuck and I have to build a pavilion in the garden now as the forecast says showers for this afternoon. 

Booked yesterday off because she has fucked off on a hen weekend so I was minding the puppy. Got smashed thursday night, took all day yesterday to lift myself to go and see an Oasis tribute act last night. Couldn't get drunk no matter how much I drank so started getting stupid shots. skipped the drunk stage and went to full on fucking bladdered mode. Insulted people, started on some twat, tried to pull some woman who was stood next to her husband. Apparently I was saying to my mate she stood on my foot on purpose and she wants some young cock. I don't even know if I am hungover. I don't know what I am. I'll find out in the next few hours I reckon. 

About 10 years ago, working for Network Rail in Crewe, I had to pull a 6 o'clock start on the Saturday morning. I'd had an absolute trolley load on Friday night, drove to work, arrived about 715 and tried to crash under my desk.

After a serious amount of grief from my beloved colleagues, got told to fuck off back home as I was useless.

Driving back from the office, I was getting pretty nauseous, and by the time I reached the thelwall viaduct, I was hitting the point of no return. This was at the point when the thelwall was permanently full of road works, no hard shoulder anywhere, I had no option but to fucking huey as I was driving, didn't think to open a window as my head was fucked. Just had to spew in my own lap and continue driving.

The missus was none to amused when I got back to Town, buzzed the intercom and told her to get down as the car needed cleaning.

Fucking hell. Quad vods should be illegal. Text the wife last night to come and pick me up at Aintree station. Which would have been fine except I'd got on the wrong train and was miles away at Aigburth station.

Feeling grim now. Got the shakes and spinny room.

On Friday I lost the power of speech.

I remember hailing a cab, but fucked if I could tell him my address. Took a good 5 mins and even then I think it was limited info, I fell asleep all the way home. Reckon that cost me about £30.

Went out last night, with most of the same lot, cue pictures of me asleep in the boozer and to add insult to injury I apparently turned down a lift on Friday from a lad who lived in the neighbouring village and to have said kip then go home £30 lighter.

I had my lad yesterday morning too. Not as grim as I feared, but bad enough with the hangover I had. Killed if with a fry up and a couple of shits

• Upvote 1

Was in old London town for a few drinks on Friday. Woke up okay enough on Saturday, a bit buzzy but nothing out of the ordinary. Had a shit and a shower, still okay. Got to Aldgate East tube station, through the barriers and boom! it was like my body just gave up on me. Shaking, sweating, stomach was feeling bad and I'm sure I would have passed out if the train had arrived just 10 seconds too late. Not sure how I made it back to Derby, that was the worst I've felt for years. Horrendous!

My daughters school hosted their annual *@#£& tournament yesterday and I do the BBQ for 9 hours. 5 or 6 cabs of Stella yesterday afternoon. A couple of cans of export when I got in. Ran out went to the shop, fancied cider and got 2 litres of Strongbow and a bottle of red and feel great again today!

You lot need to get more practice in!

Wow. If it's any consolation the hangovers reduce as you get older imo - to be replaced by knackerdness. You just want to sleep - but at least that easier to deal with than a massively bad head

The tiredness comes from dehydration doesnt it?

Not drinking today though as gotta be up tomorrow at 0245 for work.

Had to be in a church miles away for a christening at 11am. Fucking service has only just ended now, not in a good mood, I might have said " this fucking cunt best get out the way " about some dickhead blocking the aisle a bit too loudly. Ah well.

Going to have to get back on it now at the party. Only way I'm going to get through it.

• Upvote 1