You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

• 4 weeks later...

Mrs BS ‘Just how much did you drink last night?’

BS *inaudible noise, might be English, might be words, who knows?*

Knock at door, a man holding what looks like the entirety of the McDonald’s breakfast menu.

Mrs BS ‘Oh’

It’s going to be a long day.

I just want sit in a flotation tank all day and think about the terrible things I’ve done.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Mrs BS ‘Just how much did you drink last night?’

BS *inaudible noise, might be English, might be words, who knows?*

Knock at door, a man holding what looks like the entirety of the McDonald’s breakfast menu.

Mrs BS ‘Oh’

It’s going to be a long day.

I just want sit in a flotation tank all day and think about the terrible things I’ve done.

213BF6EB-DE4F-4B4C-941C-E26188EED4D2.gif

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a proper blow out this weekend. Went out to play drums on Friday night, blootered. Wedding on Saturday after which I ended up at a house party 'til 3am, buckled. Last night the missus kicked me out the house because her mate was round so went out and got smashed again. It was like the old days.

Absolutely dying today but fuck me, I've missed going out & seeing my mates. The hangover is accompanied by a overwhelming sense that life is ok sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Haven't had a hangover for moons now as I very rarely drink these days but some of these stories bring back some memories.

Particularly my last hangover that involved a 50% AC session just so I could have a dump while spewing in the sink. The look of disappointment on the wife's face cut rather deep.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Just done 2 nights in a row for the first time in I don’t even know how many years. Friday was a pretty handy evening’s work as it was, but yesterday was an absolutely brutal 3pm-6am outing. In a world of trouble here. Handed Deliveroo £25 to try and throw grease at it, not even touched the sides. Not opening any of the blinds and just going to pretend Sunday never happened this week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I've just done 5 fairly heavy days on the bounce, which is very unusual for me. Away from home for a couple of gigs, visiting family and watching something or other for a couple of hours from 1630 on Sunday all of which involved beer, red wine and malt whisky. I dont feel hungover today in the accepted sense, but I do feel anxious, stressed and a bit pissed off. On the wagon for a bit now.

And its taken about 4 goes to type that. 

• Upvote 2

After overindulging throughout the two years of lockdown, I'm now not drinking hardly anything in comparison. It's dead nice waking up after a proper sleep and feeling really fresh. I have found that I get bloating from alcohol now, so feeling much better in general for moderating it.

I am however going out for a Wethers brecky on Saturday, followed by the Liverpool f**tball match in the pub, followed by the Wrexham f**tball match in the ground, followed by the City f**tball match in the pub. I may well check in here on Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling it badly today.

Yesterday I had a bit of a lie in and started on the sauce again almost as soon as I got up. Today I'm sat in work hiding behind my laptop trying to avoid talking to anyone, trying to avoid doing any work and can smell the alcohol seeping out of my pores. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Only just getting over Saturday.  I drink Guinness usually because lager gives me terrible hangovers, but with the weather being as it was over the weekend I went back on the bottles of Peroni for the day to drink in the sun.  Got the pub at 2.30pm.  Can't remember much of extra time, and when the trophy was lifted shots and champagne were passed round the pub like sweets.  Left the pub somewhere around 9pm, took over 2.5 hours to walk a 45 minute journey, remember having a rest and leaning against a wall, almost falling asleep.  Got what looks like puncture holes in my legs which might be me jumping into farmland for a piss and hitting the barbed wire, no fucking idea.

The missus told me I was talking in tongues and she left me on the couch after I stripped down to my smalls and collapsed.  She told me she could hear me being sick in the toilet but that's hearsay, Your Honour.

Told her I was taking the littlest one out for a drive yesterday afternoon to the park but we sat off in McDonald's car park and I had a Big Mac meal and Hamburger Happy Meal chaser.

Still got the shits.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Only just getting over Saturday.  I drink Guinness usually because lager gives me terrible hangovers, but with the weather being as it was over the weekend I went back on the bottles of Peroni for the day to drink in the sun.  Got the pub at 2.30pm.  Can't remember much of extra time, and when the trophy was lifted shots and champagne were passed round the pub like sweets.  Left the pub somewhere around 9pm, took over 2.5 hours to walk a 45 minute journey, remember having a rest and leaning against a wall, almost falling asleep.  Got what looks like puncture holes in my legs which might be me jumping into farmland for a piss and hitting the barbed wire, no fucking idea.

The missus told me I was talking in tongues and she left me on the couch after I stripped down to my smalls and collapsed.  She told me she could hear me being sick in the toilet but that's hearsay, Your Honour.

Told her I was taking the littlest one out for a drive yesterday afternoon to the park but we sat off in McDonald's car park and I had a Big Mac meal and Hamburger Happy Meal chaser.

Still got the shits.

I honestly don't know how people can eat Macdonald's with a hangover, I tried it once & it made me feel ten times worse.

Fruit & water is the way forward, either that or a fry up.

Just now, Mook said:

I honestly don't know how people can eat Macdonald's with a hangover, I tried it once & it made me feel ten times worse.

My daughter is coeliac and one of the only things she can have fast food wise is McDonald's chips.  As soon as the thought was in my head I knew we'd be going and also knew I wouldn't enjoy it.  I don't think I've enjoyed a McDonalds in 10 or more years, but once in that Drive Thru queue, I got the hunger.  The food was barely warm and the chips looked like they'd been left in the sun to cook rather than fry them.

Never again*

*Until the day after the next final.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

My daughter is coeliac and one of the only things she can have fast food wise is McDonald's chips.  As soon as the thought was in my head I knew we'd be going and also knew I wouldn't enjoy it.  I don't think I've enjoyed a McDonalds in 10 or more years, but once in that Drive Thru queue, I got the hunger.  The food was barely warm and the chips looked like they'd been left in the sun to cook rather than fry them.

Never again*

*Until the day after the next final.

Aye, I'm taking a couple of weeks off the sauce.

12 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Still got the shits.

Love it.

Thats me all over

48 minutes ago, Mook said:

A can of full fat coke and a pint of beer. 
Take alternate sips until you start to feel normal again.