You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Woke up feeling shite but consoled myself in having a lazy day. Fuck that, my nearly teetotal mrs has decided that stuff needs moving, other stuff needs painting and all the jobs i put off have to be done today.

7 hours ago, A Red said:

Woke up feeling shite but consoled myself in having a lazy day. Fuck that, my nearly teetotal mrs has decided that stuff needs moving, other stuff needs painting and all the jobs i put off have to be done today.

My missus has went to the shop and got me a 4 pack of cornettos. I was expecting a telling off for being in such a state. She's in a good mood thankfully.

9 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Which winery was the Sav from, Pat? Just interested because a bunch of the best ones are right around here where I live. Just wondering if its one of those.

Stoneleigh.

My daughters wine guzzling colleague loves Kim Crawford wines so I picked up that as well but can’t recall anything special about it.

Oyster Bay as well I’ve had; I actually don’t drink much wine and very rarely white but always go for NZ ones when I do.

However, I still find Steinlager insipid. 

On 02/03/2020 at 09:37, Nunavut Patrick said:

Stoneleigh.

My daughters wine guzzling colleague loves Kim Crawford wines so I picked up that as well but can’t recall anything special about it.

Oyster Bay as well I’ve had; I actually don’t drink much wine and very rarely white but always go for NZ ones when I do.

However, I still find Steinlager insipid. 

That's a Marlborough one, south island.

From around here I recommend Craggy Range, Black Barn or Elephant Hill. If you can get hold of them in the wilds.

Have to agree with you on Steinlager. Luckily there are plenty of decent craft breweries around so we don't have to drink it if we don't want to.

Last weekend I bought a four pack of beers. I got through the first three and didn't feel a thing so I knocked back the fourth expecting to get a sudden drunk impact. Then I looked at the bottles...

Libera-330ml-Bottle-Condensation-Lid-Off

The best hangover cure in the world.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

I ache all over, I believe around 1-2am this morning after a bottle of JD, I attempted freestyle body pooping. She tells me I wasn't good very good.

And I woke thinking I was just dreaming of Herbie Hancokc's, Rockit, on full blast. 

I hope that's a typo...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/07/2020 at 09:38, Captain Turdseye said:

Ermahgerd. Got vague recollections of telling my new brother-in-law that I actually quite miss his predecessor. I reckon I’ve got about an hour before I have to go and face the music. 

This post immediately cured my hangover for 3/4 of a second. Excellent. Can you fuck off your new in laws continuously and live stream it so I can feel ok today please?

• Upvote 1

It goes a bit like this...

Other lifestyle choices are available. 

Saturday:

Get smashed.

Sunday:

Wake up feeling not too bad. Fool myself into thinking I’ve escaped the worst of it until the worst of it hits like a runaway train. Physical and mental torture kicks in and I’m absolutely sure my drinking days are over.

Monday:

Physically far from right. No energy, no motivation, irritable with low mood. Definitely not bothered about drinking this coming weekend. It’ll be good to have a break.

Tuesday:

Still struggle with low mood and generally struggle to sleep.

Wednesday:

Turning a corner but if I have to do anything important then it’ll be a miracle if I do myself justice.

Thursday:

Just about myself again. Probably wash some clothes, just in case.

Friday:

Roll on Saturday. I’m getting smashed.

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Saturday:

Get smashed.

Sunday:

Wake up feeling not too bad. Fool myself into thinking I’ve escaped the worst of it until the worst of it hits like a runaway train. Physical and mental torture kicks in and I’m absolutely sure my drinking days are over.

Monday:

Physically far from right. No energy, no motivation, irritable with low mood. Definitely not bothered about drinking this coming weekend. It’ll be good to have a break.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Turning a corner but if I have to do anything important then it’ll be a miracle if I do myself justice.

Thursday:

Friday:

Thank fuck it’s not just me 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Saturday:

Get smashed.

Sunday:

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

You seem to have missed out the bitterly regretted midweek session, the ill-advised 'ah fuck it, it's Friday tomorrow' pints and the 'thank Christ it's Saturday tomorrow, might as well get smashed to celebrate' stupidity, not to mention the 'fuck's sake where did the weekend go, let's have a couple of bottles of wine' Sunday afternoon folly.

15 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You seem to have missed out the bitterly regretted midweek session, the ill-advised 'ah fuck it, it's Friday tomorrow' pints and the 'thank Christ it's Saturday tomorrow, might as well get smashed to celebrate' stupidity, not to mention the 'fuck's sake where did the weekend go, let's have a couple of bottles of wine' Sunday afternoon folly.

I’m mostly a Saturday only drinker these days. Any more than that and my new address would be:

Yorkshire Red

The Gutter

Wakefield

West Yorkshire