You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Gonna have a beauty tomorrow. Had a Bottle and a half of wine (had a half left over from last night) and I bought 6 bottles of Leffe Blond (Belgium beer) which is fucking gorgeous. I meant to keep those for tomorrow, ahh well. The shops will be open again. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out to watch the mentionable last night on holiday with Pony Princess and old man D. Made the decision to get on the red after beer and had a bottle each in a shit Irish bar. Followed this up with a local ice cream speciality which is jet black. My vommiting of zombie like liquids began at 2am and stopped at about 3pm 

• 3 months later...

Eeurgh. Had a couple of glasses of red wine with dinner yesterday. Came home, got on the gin for a couple of hours and then hastily arranged to meet someone down the pub. Made it to closing time then somehow managed to end up at a lock-in at a different pub where the landlady was a bad twat. 

And now Turdsette is not well and off school so I can’t even sleep it off. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck me, gone through 5 bottles of Bourbon and a bottle of Vodka (all though the future son in law helped to drink the Vodka and one bottle of JB) since last Saturday. Just wanterd to curl up and die today but the family from us and the future son in law wanted to do the usual Christmas market trip today. So half mullered on mulled wine and the hangover from hell can wait another day. 

I had to go to work yesterday after drinking 3 glasses mulled wine, 3 glasses of prosecco,  1 bottle of Beaujolais and 2 glasses of baileys on Christmas day. I was fucked. I had about 12 shits in work. 

Just having a few bottles of beer now to try help me to sleep. Drink is a cunt. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm dreading tomorrow. Once I get New Years Eve out of the way that is me and alcohol done for at least 8 months until my Birthday. I've done it before, and now is the time to do it again. Mind you, the way a certain sport is going that sabbatical away from Alcohol may hit a bumpy road come March/April/May time. 

• 2 months later...
On 28/12/2019 at 11:47, Nunavut Patrick said:

Pint of water throughout the day and a pint before bed. You do wake up and have to piss but don’t get hungover.

Put away 6 pints 

2 glasses of port

3/4 bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc

1/2 lb of various cheeses 

Felt good all told; surprised didn’t end up with a big toe falling off with gout

Which winery was the Sav from, Pat? Just interested because a bunch of the best ones are right around here where I live. Just wondering if its one of those.

7 pints and 3/4 bottle of wine that my missus didn't finish off vs Naproxen, 30/500 co-Codamol and an ocean of water.

The booze is winning handily at the moment- if this was a film, the scientists would all be sitting around looking terrified and impotent while the apocalypse rages unchecked outside.