You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Went to Berlin on Thursday night on our companies annual new year kick off. All paid for, booked out a hotel. 2500 of us from across the world. Free food & drink in the hotel at anytime. Got there at half 10 thursday night, straight on the ale until about 4am. Got up Friday for the presentations and me and my mate who were sharing a room opened a bottle of johnnie walker that we had taken from one of the bars the night before. Polished that off then went to the presentation.... kept leaving to go back the room for more bevvies. Big meal and party the friday night swo had a cold shower about 6pm, got down there and got straight back on it. Went right through the night until saturday morning (I was sat in the lobby drinking with a load from the dublin office) when people from my office started walking through with theiur bags..... "where the fuck are you lot going?" "Damien its half 8 mate the coach is leaving in 10 minutes...." 

Fucking nearly missed my flight. Apart from watching the match yesterday i've pretty much slept all weekend and I still feel like someone has broken into my body and raped my soul. Not drinking for the rest of the month now. 

• 2 months later...

Struggling today, I'm meeting my brother & my nephew for something to eat at half twelve. I can see me getting a pint in.

A fry up (with beans) & a pint might be the shout.

How did you get on in the end with that? Lunchtime pint and fry up is a definite fork in the road. Make or break time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've not had a hangover for ages.  I'm obviously tempting fate here, but despite drinking voraciously on occasion, I'm ok in the morning. I'm hoping this is because of my age.  There has to be another upside apart from great wisdom and generosity of spirit. 

Mine are getting worse.

I'm a bit rusty in the drinking department at the moment which doesn't help. Had three pints watching the game yesterday & was absolutely blootered, topping up from Saturday night.

• 1 month later...

Had a few quiet beers watching the footie yesterday afternoon that somehow ended up completely body bagged rolling in to bed at 7am after watching the UFC.

Waiting anxiously for the pizza place to open at 4 in the hope that they have the answer to my prayers.

Pizza will go a long way to helping. You are nearly there now, the hangover is approaching it's finale

My hangovers used to be awful but since I got my new dog and been forced to get up and go for an early walk, they have disappeared.

Early walk with a bacon butty = hangover cure.

I’m now feeling fresh as fuck, watching the F1 and having a few beers. May pop out for a roast in a bit as well.

My hangovers used to be awful but since I got my new dog and been forced to get up and go for an early walk, they have disappeared.

Early walk with a bacon butty = hangover cure.

I’m now feeling fresh as fuck, watching the F1 and having a few beers. May pop out for a roast in a bit as well.

I'd agree with that, if you can force yourself to be active (Which is very tough when you feel like utter shit) it does speed up the recovery.

I’ve been rough all week. It was my birthday last weekend and I drank moderately on Fri/Sat/Sun but not to the point where I was pissed at all. Come Monday I was hanging out of my arse and it was completely uncalled for. I’ve given serious thought this week to knocking it on the head completely and I’ve had a fridge full of leftover beer to illustrate the point. I’ve gotten round to thinking that I don’t enjoy it enough for it to be worth it.

But then I caved in to the weather today. Kids wanted to go to the park and there was a beer and food festival thing across the road with bouncy castles and all that jazz. Ended up having four pints before Mrs Turdseye picked us up and now I’m home, drinking from the fridge and thinking of getting back out with my mate after tea.

Another week of hungover is looming.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumping this in advance. Going to Center Parcs on Monday and meant to be going food shopping amongst other things today. 

Mrs has been in bed since about 9pm and has no idea I’ve sat up all night drinking nearly a litre of rum. Going to have to do Asda and Costco half pissed. Ah well.