You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

28, but I think its more to do with having kids. If I go out and get hammered then its expected of me to just get up and get on with things

Disagree completely. I have a daughter, and I just don't drink when I have her the next day. I can 'get up and get on with things' but the whole day is hell and I can't enjoy it or whatever we're doing. I'm 27.

In fairness I only drink once every 3 months or so, so my body just isn't used to it and shit's its pants (metaphorically) when I do drink.

Disagree completely. I have a daughter, and I just don't drink when I have her the next day. I can 'get up and get on with things' but the whole day is hell and I can't enjoy it or whatever we're doing. I'm 27.

In fairness I only drink once every 3 months or so, so my body just isn't used to it and shit's its pants (metaphorically) when I do drink.

I'm 43, other than that I'm with you.

Still in bed. Spilled my dinner all over the sheets like a big simpleton.  Tried to go in the front room but she is watching a programme about two American brothers who do interior design or some bollocks and my head just couldn't take it today.  Roll on tomorrow.

Guest Super Sub

Think I am going to die, never drinking again. 14 bottles of Heinaken and a bottle of wine God do I feel rough. Looking forward to work tomorrow just to feel normal again.

If you were someone's boss, how would you feel if they got pissed at a work function called you a bit of a twat, had a rant about how they were under appreciated and deserved a pay rise, then we're so hungover the next day they couldn't get in on time and missed an all staff meeting including the boss's boss and the boss above that?

If you were someone's boss, how would you feel if they got pissed at a work function called you a bit of a twat, had a rant about how they were under appreciated and deserved a pay rise, then we're so hungover the next day they couldn't get in on time and missed an all staff meeting including the boss's boss and the boss above that?

male or female? 

• Upvote 1

Its happened to me a lot to be honest. I managed a sales team years ago and had loads of 18-24 year olds working for me and if I used to go out on the piss with them i'd always get at least one arsehole harping on. I used to put a ban on work speak outside the office but after they had drank their weight in cider they wouldn't fucking shut up. tell you what though, I cleaned up with the women back then. Some corkers as well.

Anyway, the best thing a boss can do is laugh it off, don't make a big deal about it. That keeps one on the locker for when you need them to up their game plus.... they now have something to prove.

We once had a meeting for our new team in London, it was our boss,his boss and 10 mins with the new MD. Me and a mate went to dinner the night before, then for a pint, then for another etc. At 4am I left my mate dancing on a podium in Heaven, waving his shirt in the air.

The meeting was at Ogilvy's ad agency, think Nathan Barley x 1000, I nearly didn't get past the supermodel on reception as I stank of beer, my boss nearly fainted when he saw me and he force fed me coke and fruit for 30 mins. My mate didn't turn up although he did phone at 2 to very loudly shout out that he'd found a group of 20 Aussie birds and was back on the piss.

My advice - sack the cunt.