You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

I know we have a drunk thread but do we have one of these?

I'm rough as toast this morning. I've had a resolve and now desperately need an egg buttie but I have no eggs, no bread of any sort and the idea of going to the Sainsburys by me just makes me want to curl up in the feotal position until bread magically appears.

What are your morning after routines?

I don't know what the fuck I'd call this. It's like limbo.

Went to Sankeys last night and got smashed, all piled back to my mates about 7am this morning and carried on drinking til about 1pm this afternoon and now I'm feeling very fucking strange and cant sleep. Due to be going to Circo Loco tonight and I'm debating whether or not to carry on drinking until I go or try and properly sober up.

I feel all floaty and my head is fucked and I'm struggling to talk properly.

• Upvote 1

Went to Sankeys last night and got smashed, all piled back to my mates about 7am this morning and carried on drinking til about 1pm this afternoon and now I'm feeling very fucking strange and cant sleep. Due to be going to Circo Loco tonight and I'm debating whether or not to carry on drinking until I go or try and properly sober up.

If you sober up now you wont want to drink later. If i was you mate (done this before) make sure you drink water too so you keep hydrated but drink beer, slowly. I dont mean little sips but take your time, just to keep you topped up until tonight but if wont take much for you to get smashed later. Make sure you eat something like rice or pasta before you go out.

Happy drinking mate.

Pilled up last night?

Used to rely on Lucozade Sport and a Maccys (Big Mac, 1/4 Pounder w/cheese x2 and Large fries x 2) until I discovered this wonderful stuff:

200510191329280.MDX%2014oz.jpg

Flatmate had about five of the bastards in the fridge and just one of them sorted me right out. Honestly far more effective than Lucozade.

It's tough finding anywhere that sells them but when I do they get bulk-bought.

Got a fry up on the go... no beans.

Negged

Had a few last night when out, normally hangovers don't bother me past the morning but this one is bothering me big time today.

Have had a fry up and have spent a few hours in the garden getting fresh air but I still feel crap, talking of crap also I'm constipated so can't even have that hangover shit.

That's what you get for mixing about six types of drink though.

Rum will sort this issue out in a bit.

There is no hangover cure, none, there are a few things that can make you feel mildly better for an hour or so but the only cure is time, I always feel like a living fucking wreck untill I've gone back to bed and the day has passed. It's only a proper hangover if you keep having to remind yourself to breathe and can't sit still for more than a minute. Eating a shit load has served me well lately though, generally the hangovers I've had over the last ten years though have been nothing short of disgusting.

• 1 year later...