You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

Here's hoping he's a massive fucking flop!

Well they paid around 25 million for Milner- that went well. :yes:

Read somewhere that they agreed the deal for 27 million pounds and will be confirmed on tuesday as tomorrow is a bank holiday. All this is good news for us as they are unlikely to be in for Nando. :drool:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought a player must be aged over 24 for the Bosman ruling to apply? Under that age, it goes to tribunal I'm sure.

The player would still move though, considering the amount they paid for him I don't think the tribunal fee would come to a groundbreaking price.

You'd think they'd have learned from the Gosling fiasco, instead they have Anichibe, Coleman and Pienaar winding down their deals.

The player would still move though, considering the amount they paid for him I don't think the tribunal fee would come to a groundbreaking price.

I know that! My point was that there would be a fee involved, usually a nominal sum. I think this is what happened when Daniel Sturridge moved to Chelsea, although I recall the fee being a bit steep.

You'd think they'd have learned from the Gosling fiasco, instead they have Anichibe, Coleman and Pienaar winding down their deals.

Ifithadnebinfercontracts.

He is quite slow from what i've seen(on espn mainly) but he dominates the air and for a big fella is good with the ball at his feet composed aswell not just get in there and whack it anywhere like Agger in that aspect brings it out and plays it away,at 6.6" he's an asset at set pieces both for and against.him + Agger would be a great pairing thats why i wouldn't lose Agger to buy him.

This blows me away --- Why the fuck would the scout be watching Bremen's backline and picking Mertesacker over Naldo? Naldo is twice the defender, IMO.

He's just as tall, just as dominant in the air, faster, stronger, better on the ball, smashes a freekick like Roberto Carlos, etc.

City going nuts again. Might be a good time to poach a few of their wantaways. Adebayor on loan would be great, so would Wayne Bridge. It's been ages since we've had an unplayable-on-his-day tank centre-forward.

They wont loan any of those to us and even if they do salaries of £90k a week plus.

You could be right. Mascherano joined us on loan a few seasons ago and we became his 3rd club that season so I don't see this being a problem unless UEFA/Fifa have moved the goalposts.

We only got around the problem with Mascherano because the Brazilian operates on a different calendar than ours.

This blows me away --- Why the fuck would the scout be watching Bremen's backline and picking Mertesacker over Naldo? Naldo is twice the defender, IMO.

He's just as tall, just as dominant in the air, faster, stronger, better on the ball, smashes a freekick like Roberto Carlos, etc.

Because Metesacker is available and Naldo is not perhaps?

So aimlessly over the bar then? :whistle: